3 replies to this topic

#1 vm-pb-sn

vm-pb-sn

In Training

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 08:08 PM

I've read all 6 of the Ghost Bird series and I held off on reading the Scarab Beetle series because I read somewhere that it gives a better glimpse of what the Academy is about.  

So my question is if I read it will it be spoiling what's to come in the GB series??  Part of the draw in the GB books is still not knowing a whole lot about The academy and still being in the dark a little like sang.

But I do love crossovers!!!  So I'm on the fence, should I read Thief and Liar?  Also should they be read in a certain order in conjunction with the GB series?

#2 3mily

3mily

In Training

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 08:29 PM

I'v heard it's best to read them in the order published.  This being GB1-5, SB1, GB6, SB2. The timelines do overlap a bit.

#3 sweetone6812

sweetone6812

In Training

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis, MO

Posted 12 August 2014 - 09:16 PM

I have read them in the order published.  There are some timelines overlaps, but a question that is raised the Ghost Bird book 5, is answered in the 1st Scarab Beetle, then a question that you wonder about in Scarab beetle 1 was answered in Ghost Bird 6.  I am about to read the Scarab Beetle 2 and I hope there are some overlapping timelines in there because I like the crossover.  

#4 vm-pb-sn

vm-pb-sn

In Training

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 02:45 AM

Thank you 3mily and sweetone!  I will read them in that order.  It'll help hold me over until GB7 lol