Photo

Starting this series...Similarities to GB?

Scarab Beetle Ghost bird

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Lauramy

Lauramy

Closed Adoptant

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 29 October 2015 - 07:10 PM

Hi, so I was just hoping someone could tell me a bit more about this series. I love the GB series so much and I have read the vague summaries about the SB series on Amazon but it doesn't give much away. Is this another reverse harem series? How similar is it to GB? I would love another series like GB to read while waiting for the next GB book to come out. Sometimes I see comments and wonder if the SB series is anything like GB other than that their is another academy team. Is the heroine in SB in a relationship with the guys in her team like Sang is? I should probably just try and read it but I would like to know a little about it too.

#2 purplecherryblossom

purplecherryblossom

The Anti-Hugger

• Administrators
  • 526 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 29 October 2015 - 07:33 PM

SB team is another Academy team. Yes it is an RH situation. There are 5 boys in this group with Kayli along with a bonus boy.  ;)  They are older 18-21 and the relationships move a little faster pace.  It is alot different from the GB crew so you will just have to start and see if you like it!   I like the books---can't stand Kayli, but her boys are pretty awesome!

• LovingTheNaughtyNine, northstar33 and 9for1 like this

#3 Alphagirl

Alphagirl

In Training

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 30 October 2015 - 01:15 AM

I like both books. The SB books are about another academy team but it is a lot different. The situations and relationships do move a lot faster and I think that you get a better look at how the academy works. I also think that you get to see how other teams are ran and then the SB books has a lot more people from out side of the team that play major roles.

I think the main difference is that the SB books has a lot of characters that are outside of the team that affects how they act.

That's the best I can do without telling anything about the story...

• 9for1 likes this

#4 Flit Flamethrower

Flit Flamethrower

Applicant/Testing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 30 October 2015 - 02:06 AM

I also haven't read the SB series yet. I was hesitant but now I'm pretty sure I'm going to read. I really want to learn all aspects of the Academy.

• Lauramy likes this

North & Gabriel Forever

#5 purplecherryblossom

purplecherryblossom

The Anti-Hugger

• Administrators
  • 526 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 30 October 2015 - 02:56 AM

The Sb boys all live on their own, they can come and go as they please and don't have to worry about parents and that sort of thing. It makes a big difference thats for sure!

• 9for1 likes this

#6 Silas'aggelemou

Silas'aggelemou

His one love.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 775 posts
  • LocationCow Town, Texas

Posted 30 October 2015 - 02:51 PM

Kayli in the SB series is a lot different than Sang. This has made many people dislike her.  I don't dislike her, I just don't like her as much as Sang.  The guys are different as well.  They don't come across as, as closely bonded as the GB team, but they have different backgrounds.

With the SB books, she just said she is only putting one of them out per year.  So your wait may be longer, but they will be longer books.

• 9for1 likes this
<p>No, you can't have him. Why even bring it up?

#7 Alphagirl

Alphagirl

In Training

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 30 October 2015 - 05:40 PM

I like Kayli....
  • purplecherryblossom and BLTS like this

#8 BLTS

BLTS

In Training

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,020 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 30 October 2015 - 07:02 PM

I kinda do too. I mean sometimes she is an idiot, but so is Sang, yeah?
  • purplecherryblossom and northstar33 like this
Kota loves me. I love him. We make a beautiful couple

Our babies will be so smart.

#9 northstar33

northstar33

In Training

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 362 posts
  • Locationlucky kentucky

Posted 02 November 2015 - 06:40 PM

I kinda do too. I mean sometimes she is an idiot, but so is Sang, yeah?

Are you turning European? Yeah? Lol
  • BLTS likes this

#10 BLTS

BLTS

In Training

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,020 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 02 November 2015 - 10:49 PM

Sorry. I'm not even sure where that came from but I've been doing it a lot, yeah? Hahahaha
  • northstar33 likes this
Kota loves me. I love him. We make a beautiful couple

Our babies will be so smart.

#11 berlygirl1015

berlygirl1015

Closed Adoptant

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 06:29 AM

Am I the only one who thinks SB is like reading a Janet Evanovich book?
I haven't caught up in all of the SB series yet....but I giggle every time Kayli ends up pulling in another 'helper'.
Just me???
  • Dbaz74@yahoo.com likes this

#12 Snowbird13

Snowbird13

Closed Adoptant

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 05:11 PM

I got that too berlygirl1015! Maybe from her being a bounty hunter with Future?! Reminds me of Stephanie and Lulu and she also has more than one guys she's trying to decide between.

I have just started reading the SB series so I don't have all the facts but purplecherryblossom you said there is five guys on the team but there are six of them?! Are you hinting that Kevin is getting the boot soon?? He's not in the profiles section, so I'm assuming we shouldn't get too attached to him. Lol. He's still around in January (Sang mentioned them all being at camp) so we have a while before we find out what happens there!
  • Dbaz74@yahoo.com and berlygirl1015 like this

#13 berlygirl1015

berlygirl1015

Closed Adoptant

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 10:39 PM

Snowbird13.. YES!
First the bounty hunter fiasco... but then she's got this way about her that seems less than 'academy' but she always wins in the end.

I can't imagine Kevin lasting in the Academy. He's rarely talked about and doesn't add much to the team. I wonder if Blake will soon join?? (DON'T SPOIL IT FOR ME!!)
  • Dbaz74@yahoo.com likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Scarab Beetle, Ghost bird