#1 Mayor of North

Mayor of North

Applicant/Testing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationKentucky

Posted 04 May 2017 - 01:49 PM

I've been re-reading the series to get my Academy fix, trying to hold off until June 20th. But apparently that's not enough for my brain. I'm seeing the Academy everywhere!! Yesterday morning I was watching the news and they were naming off the horses for the Kentucky Derby and one was Looking At Lee. I though "huh that reminds me of Kota". Then I go to work,(its not actually work I volunteer but I try to go in as often as possible) I was telling the guy I work with that I hadn't been there the last few days because I was sitting with my grandma who is sick. He says "family first". I thought I was odd there was no " I understand its family' or " gotta take care of family" or anything like that just "family first". Later on my way home I passed a black jeep with a license plate that read North Star. Yeah ok so I thought I was loosing it. I get home and my daughter was talking (she's 9 but has a 30 year olds vocabulary and uses words and phrase that older folks around here uses, and not all the time in the right way) so she said something and I corrected her and she shrugs and says "same". I thought okay that's it I'm going crazy, went upstairs and read 1 1/2 books in the GB series.

Does anyone else have days where the Academy is everywhere? 

• prepgirls, StyledByGabe, mrenee16 and 8 others like this

#2 BLTS

BLTS

In Training

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 04 May 2017 - 06:06 PM

I'm part of the Academy Fan Fiction group on Facebook. That is every single day for me with that crazy lot.

• StyledByGabe, LovinGBseries, Mayor of North and 2 others like this
Kota loves me. I love him. We make a beautiful couple

Our babies will be so smart.

#3 Mayor of North

Mayor of North

Applicant/Testing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationKentucky

Posted 04 May 2017 - 06:25 PM

I finished finals yesterday and have graduation this weekend so my husband asked me what I wanted to do and I told him I wanted an academy day today, and he said okay. So I pulled up the forum on my laptop so I can look at the book analyses threads as I read, and have read all day today.  

• emross1931, StyledByGabe, LovinGBseries and 2 others like this

#4 StyledByGabe

StyledByGabe

Three Amigos Supervisor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 837 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 04 May 2017 - 09:33 PM

I've been re-reading the series to get my Academy fix, trying to hold off until June 20th. But apparently that's not enough for my brain. I'm seeing the Academy everywhere!! Yesterday morning I was watching the news and they were naming off the horses for the Kentucky Derby and one was Looking At Lee. I though "huh that reminds me of Kota". Then I go to work,(its not actually work I volunteer but I try to go in as often as possible) I was telling the guy I work with that I hadn't been there the last few days because I was sitting with my grandma who is sick. He says "family first". I thought I was odd there was no " I understand its family' or " gotta take care of family" or anything like that just "family first". Later on my way home I passed a black jeep with a license plate that read North Star. Yeah ok so I thought I was loosing it. I get home and my daughter was talking (she's 9 but has a 30 year olds vocabulary and uses words and phrase that older folks around here uses, and not all the time in the right way) so she said something and I corrected her and she shrugs and says "same". I thought okay that's it I'm going crazy, went upstairs and read 1 1/2 books in the GB series.

Does anyone else have days where the Academy is everywhere?

Wow, that's amazing! The black jeep with the North Star license plate freaked me out. It would be funny if it belonged to another Academy fan.
  • Crystal_Sky, mrenee16, LovinGBseries and 2 others like this

#5 Mayor of North

Mayor of North

Applicant/Testing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationKentucky

Posted 04 May 2017 - 10:03 PM

Wow, that's amazing! The black jeep with the North Star license plate freaked me out. It would be funny if it belonged to another Academy fan.

Yeah it was crazy, but I think it was a company vehicle or something that's the only thing that makes sense to me other than it being an Academy fan.

• LovinGBseries and Dbaz74@yahoo.com like this

#6 LovinGBseries

LovinGBseries

Crazy between books

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 844 posts
  • LocationWashington State

Posted 05 May 2017 - 12:09 AM

I finished finals yesterday and have graduation this weekend so my husband asked me what I wanted to do and I told him I wanted an academy day today, and he said okay. So I pulled up the forum on my laptop so I can look at the book analyses threads as I read, and have read all day today.

He's a keeper. Maybe even Academy material.
  • Mayor of North, Savyss and Dbaz74@yahoo.com like this

#7 Mayor of North

Mayor of North

Applicant/Testing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationKentucky

Posted 05 May 2017 - 12:31 AM

He's a keeper. Maybe even Academy material.

He's great. He took our daughter fishing after school and just cooked supper so I literally had an all day Academy day. He'll sit and listen to me explain the series to him. When I do my re-reads he'll ask did you find any thing new and I'll tell him if I did.

• StyledByGabe, LovinGBseries and Dbaz74@yahoo.com like this

#8 StyledByGabe

StyledByGabe

Three Amigos Supervisor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 837 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 05 May 2017 - 11:23 PM

He's great. He took our daughter fishing after school and just cooked supper so I literally had an all day Academy day. He'll sit and listen to me explain the series to him. When I do my re-reads he'll ask did you find any thing new and I'll tell him if I did.

Does he have a brother? :)
  • LovinGBseries and Mayor of North like this

#9 Mayor of North

Mayor of North

Applicant/Testing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationKentucky

Posted 05 May 2017 - 11:26 PM

Does he have a brother? :)

Yea but married sorry. LOL

• StyledByGabe likes this

#10 Mayor of North

Mayor of North

Applicant/Testing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationKentucky

Posted 11 May 2017 - 09:13 PM

Okay and now this. I make custom T-shirts and a customer yesterday came in and asked for shirts for his lawn care company. The company name was B&G Lawn Care. I think the universe is torturing me. URG!!!

• StyledByGabe and LovinGBseries like this

#11 LovinGBseries

LovinGBseries

Crazy between books

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 844 posts
  • LocationWashington State

Posted 12 May 2017 - 12:18 AM

A checker at my grocery store had his hair cut like I imagine Silas's - soft fur. I was sorely tempted to run my fingers through it to see if it was as soft as it looked.

I think he noticed me looking at his hair. Luckily he didn't call the peeper police.
  • StyledByGabe likes this

#12 MSWB

MSWB

Closed Adoptant

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 01:23 PM

There's a law practice that advertises locally (I think they practice all across my state);  I see their billboards and commercials often.  They're called:  "Blackburn & Green, attorneys for injured people".  No joke.

And every time I see the ads I think, "Interesting cover you've got there, Mr. Blackbourne and Dr. Green... what are you up to??"   :D

• StyledByGabe, Leesharose and ellamara16 like this