#1 Victor_is_awesome

Victor_is_awesome

Applicant/Testing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 12 May 2017 - 05:59 PM

This thought just came to me. What if when Sang and the boys have children, because I'm sure they will at some point, that s when Sean has his biggest hurdle to overcome. I mean all the boys seem to overcome something except Owen and Sean. I believe that Sean's hurdle will be something to do with the baby. He seems to love babies but I believe it is for a different reason than they are just cute. He was abandoned as a baby so maybe he feels like he biological parents didn't love him. So what if when he has his own child whether his biologically or not he is worried that he won't love the baby like his biological parents didn't love him. Sang and the boys especially Owen know that it won't be like that but Sean might think like that. I can just picture him worrying throughout the pregnancy and then when the baby is born he starts crying because he realizes that he loves the baby and could never abandon them like he was. I don't know that thought just popped in my head what are your thoughts?
  • StyledByGabe, helpful2468 and Lauralass like this

#2 Lauralass

Lauralass

In Training

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 12 May 2017 - 09:19 PM

Wow! That is a wonderful thought and I can totally see Sean being like that. It will be so beautiful in that moment, when it happens!! He is so sweet and I think deep down it is what he wants, a family with Sang, having kids of his own, biologically or not. And the rest of the guys too!
  • StyledByGabe and Victor_is_awesome like this

#3 LovinGBseries

LovinGBseries

Preparing for June 20th. Black & Green!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 791 posts
  • LocationWashington State

Posted 12 May 2017 - 09:44 PM

Well...first, I'm not sure if you're talking about in the series...I don't think it will be part of it. 20 books..we're half way...don't see it happening. Plus I believe I heard somewhere that all academy guys have been snipped. Sounds a bit harsh and final as a way to keep them from disrupting Academy work with issues like kids of their own. And Lily and her guys didn't seem to have any. So probably not in books or storyline.

But as a general thought, I would see Sean as a great, if overly involved dad. He would love to have his own personal destress package at home, until it starts to walk and talk and have ideas of its own and then there goes the destress aspect.

If anything I think the guys' pasts and having worked through a lot of their issues and formed their own Academy family that faces and deals with issues would make them better able to deal with fatherhood or impending fatherhood. As a team they would be a great dad, balancing each others strength and weaknesses. Poor pregnant Sang, however, would have to start carrying a cattle prod to keep them from over protecting her. They would probably try to carry her everywhere or at least make sure the surface in front of her is safe enough for her to walk on. And safety...imagine the degree of child proofing their houses would have. And every new article about health practices during pregnacy would be cause for the guys to review what Sang now could or couldn't do. Definitely a cattle prod, since flipping them would not be practical.

Any of them could have their moments of doubt about worthiness and ability to be a good parent. Owen would probably schedule fatherhood training for them, with times where they were caring for an actual baby after theory and practices were learned.

Luke would have to envision it, having some problems with change. Gabriel would have the nursery and wardrobe done in the first month, enjoying the new challenge, but would worry if he was worthy. Actually I could see them all having some thoughts of worthiness. Not sure how Owen would deal with it. We still know nothing about his home and upbringing. I just hope he wouldn't insist on the baby wearing a suit. I think North might have the most concerns. After all you can't fix a baby with tools. I think he would be afraid he would break it. His temper would worry him, but in the end he would be as gentle and loving as all of them, but he might be one of the sterner dads as the child grew up.

But again, because they function best as a team I think they would make a great collective dad, although the child might never have any alone time.
  • StyledByGabe, Lauralass and Victor_is_awesome like this

#4 StyledByGabe

StyledByGabe

Three Amigos Supervisor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 773 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 12 May 2017 - 10:26 PM

If they ever have children, I think they would be concerned about the child(ren) being raised in their unorthodox family. Owen, I think, would want to figure that out. I guess it's up to fanfic writers to come up with those scenarios. But it's fun to wonder about stuff like that.
  • LovinGBseries and Lauralass like this

#5 LovinGBseries

LovinGBseries

Preparing for June 20th. Black & Green!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 791 posts
  • LocationWashington State

Posted 13 May 2017 - 01:18 AM

Oh! Oh! Oh!
I was thinking hardest time for kids might be being different at school, but then I figured they would home school. After all they are Academy!

Then I realized...

They could raise their own ghost kid!!!
  • StyledByGabe, helpful2468 and Lauralass like this

#6 Jme 1983

Jme 1983

Applicant/Testing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 13 May 2017 - 02:33 AM

Oh! Oh! Oh!
I was thinking hardest time for kids might be being different at school, but then I figured they would home school. After all they are Academy!
Then I realized...

True...since they would not have a birth certificate filed to preserve Sang's gb status.
  • StyledByGabe, LovinGBseries and Lauralass like this

#7 tcifers

tcifers

Closed Adoptant

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 01:36 AM

I don't think they will have kids. But I do see them living together.
  • StyledByGabe likes this

#8 helpful2468

helpful2468

Applicant/Testing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 04:10 AM

I agree with Victor is awesome that Dr. Sean biggest hurdle may have to do with something with babies but it may also include his adopted Japanese mother. At the seek to peek of Black and Green Dr. Green's mom was in the States when he and Owen were getting to Sang. As for kids for Sang and the boys may not happen in the series in my opinion because it mainly focused on the high school aspect of it.

• StyledByGabe and Lauralass like this

#9 Lauralass

Lauralass

In Training

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 05:24 AM

I don't think it will happen in the series...but it would be so beautiful to see those moments when they did happen!

#10 melissa4585

melissa4585

Closed Adoptant

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 04:26 AM

Considering they are all 16-20 (Mr. B had a birthday) this is a "young adult" series, I don't know if sex will actually happen.... and children would be much later, Sang is just started the academy. BUT in Scarab Beatle series it's mentioned that at age 14 the guys have the option for a vasectomy. It is quite possible that some or all of the guys are. I feel like Maybe Nathan took the option (not wanting to ever be abandoned with a kid?) North because of his temper? And since Mr B is so "type a" possibly him. I do think Green wants kids, and I see him being an AMAZING dad.
Back to Scarab Beetle (sorry if I'm spoiling something else so I'll try to be vague) but Kayli has a reaction to a poison and it messed up her organs... there was a complication and it looks like CL is setting her up for not being able To have children.
I do think kids would complicate both storylines.
Sang is always being "babied" and doesn't want to be.
Kayli is always knee deep in trouble.
  • StyledByGabe and Victor_is_awesome like this

#11 Victor_is_awesome

Victor_is_awesome

Applicant/Testing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 20 May 2017 - 06:13 PM

In one of the cheat sheets C. L said that all the boys have a vasectomy but that in the world of the academy it is reversible at any time with no side effects. Also C.L mentions that the series is going to transition to new adult as the characters grow. So it is possible that there might be children in the future.
  • purplecherryblossom, StyledByGabe and Lauralass like this

#12 ellamara16

ellamara16

Closed Adoptant

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationHead in the clouds

Posted 30 May 2017 - 02:08 AM

Oh! Oh! Oh!

Then I realized...

kid, or kids