#1 emam25

emam25

In Training

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 31 May 2017 - 12:04 AM

Okay, I was reading F&P again, and I really think that the scene where Sang shows Derrick the secret attic room is more than just a throw away scene. I think it will end up being really important. Especially with how Sang didn't tell the guys.

I'm getting more convinced that he is Volto. He knows a bit more about the Academy than normal people but doesn't really approve of it, he has easy access to Sang's house through Marie (and what if that is why he's acting into her?), he knows the boys well, and it would be easy for him to watch over them all and understand their comings and goings. It would have been very easy for him to get his hands on Sang's phone. He may have realized how all the boys liked her upon seeing the attic and thought that it was wrong. When he was sleeping in her room he really could have been scoping it out and realizing that there were cameras he could tap into. And what if when they were trying to bring him into the team, Derrick was put on the visitors list to Victor's house and never removed. Hence, how it was easy for Volto to access Victor's mansion to steal Sang's broken phone. Plus, Derrick seems to like Sang, and if he thought the Academy was bad it would make sense that Volto keeps trying to warn her away.

What do you guys think? Will that scene have ramifications? Is he a good Volto candidate?

• StyledByGabe, Savyss, Leesharose and 1 other like this

#2 ellamara16

ellamara16

Closed Adoptant

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationHead in the clouds

Posted 31 May 2017 - 12:10 AM

That totally makes sense! Personally, I am really think volto is Blake collar or will. Blake also knows and disapproves of the academy and he has the money and time for this whole endeavor; how would derik have pulled off the football stadium stunt? It never talked about him knowing how to hack or anything but Blake has doyle. As far as it maybe being will I don't have solid evidence but if you think about it: he ran away to not get kayle involved which could mean that he does not like or is afraid of the academy and we know he likes Sang. Additionally he has pleanty of time on his hands and on another thread it talked about how volto hacked songs phone again after she bought a new one but will was THERE. 

Tell me what you think, I am taking shots in the dark here 

• emam25, StyledByGabe, Crystal_Sky and 1 other like this

#3 Leesharose

Leesharose

Applicant/Testing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 31 May 2017 - 12:11 AM

Wow that's a very interesting theory. I never thought about Derrick being Volto, but it would make a lot of sense.
  • emam25 likes this

#4 emam25

emam25

In Training

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 31 May 2017 - 12:21 AM

I still like Wil as another candidate for Volto, especially with all of his cell phone knowledge and general mysteriousness. I thought about Blake, and I liked the idea except for one thing. It's just that there is no way of knowing that all of her readers read both series, so if it were revealed to be Blake and the reader had only read GB it wouldn't really have a lot of impact on them for such a big reveal. If there was bit more crossover I could definitely get behind Blake as a Volto candidate. I can't wait until we get to find out! Watch us all be wildly off base and it's someone genius who we never even thought of :) 

And of course we have Jay, Karen, Danielle, and a whole host of other side characters in the mix. C.L. did a great job with planting lots of red herrings. But, yes, Derrick and Wil would be my favorites for Volto.

• StyledByGabe, Leesharose and gottalovenorth like this

#5 LovinGBseries

LovinGBseries

Preparing for June 20th. Black & Green!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 803 posts
  • LocationWashington State

Posted 31 May 2017 - 03:02 AM

I'm sticking with a combo Volto.
But I can definitely see Derrick in the mix for some of the great reasons above.

Add in...Max didn't bark at whoever placed the masks.
  • emam25 and StyledByGabe like this

#6 gottalovenorth

gottalovenorth

Applicant/Testing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 03:36 AM

But I can definitely see Derrick in the mix for some of the great reasons above.

It's true. Max didn't bark. I think the idea of Volto being Derrick is an awesome theory. I never thought of him that way because he was always so nice and really most of the time out of sight, out of mind. The fact that everything about him is so vague, his interest, his skills, why they thought he would be a good Academy candidate, really puts him on the list. And very high on it too. 

I still personally hope Blake and Doyle are behind the Volto attacks. I would really like to see what the boys would do to him and how Kayli would react to that.  :D

#7 Pbac17

Pbac17

Closed Adoptant

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 05:47 AM

I've always thought it was Karen, I think Derrick is helping her in ways and giving her academy information but I dont think he actually realises what she's doing. They often talk about not knowing for sure if volto is male or female and Karen is tall fit and strong. I definitely don't think its will, why would he be trying to get sang away but not Kaylee. He's hiding something but I don't think it's that he's Volto.
  • emam25, StyledByGabe and Savyss like this

#8 emam25

emam25

In Training

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 31 May 2017 - 04:10 PM

Ooh, good point about Max. I could see it being team Volto. I don't know if anyone on here watches Pretty Little Liars, but this could turn out to be a lot like A and the A-Team.  

• StyledByGabe, Crystal_Sky and north.chicago.street like this

#9 ellamara16

ellamara16

Closed Adoptant

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 06:20 PM

I've always thought it was Karen, I think Derrick is helping her in ways and giving her academy information but I dont think he actually realises what she's doing. They often talk about not knowing for sure if volto is male or female and Karen is tall fit and strong. I definitely don't think its will, why would he be trying to get sang away but not Kaylee. He's hiding something but I don't think it's that he's Volto.

Will left before kayli was involved with them so maybe its not that he didn't but that he didn't know that he could/should 

#10 Jme 1983

Jme 1983

Applicant/Testing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 01 June 2017 - 12:02 AM

I also think Volvo is more than one person and Derrick is involved somehow...based on Doyle's tirade about Blake needing to stay out of trouble because of "the kids"...I have started wondering if Blake has his own version of the Academy and someone...very likely including Karen...that is connected to Blake's group or whatever...is Volto....there are times when Sang smells Volvo wearing a lavender scent and other times when no scent is mentioned...every time I do a reread I look for clues but can't pin it down...like Volvo took Sangs phone at the game...Karen and Derrick were sitting with her...but then later Volvo takes credit for the smoke in the bleachers...but that would have to be set up after the team came out on the field...so I don't know

#11 taelynn

taelynn

Closed Adoptant

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 01 June 2017 - 01:58 AM

That totally makes sense! Personally, I am really think volto is Blake collar or will. Blake also knows and disapproves of the academy and he has the money and time for this whole endeavor; how would derik have pulled off the football stadium stunt? It never talked about him knowing how to hack or anything but Blake has doyle. As far as it maybe being will I don't have solid evidence but if you think about it: he ran away to not get kayle involved which could mean that he does not like or is afraid of the academy and we know he likes Sang. Additionally he has pleanty of time on his hands and on another thread it talked about how volto hacked songs phone again after she bought a new one but will was THERE. 

Tell me what you think, I am taking shots in the dark here 

Honestly, I don't think it's anyone from the SB series. If it was, anyone who didn't read that series would have no clue who was being talked about. I think they're both a stand alone series with only the brief mentions here and there of people from the other. And I think CL mentioned somewhere that there wouldn't be a lot of crossover between the two. Blake being Volto would be a major crossover imo.

I could be wrong, but that's my two cents.

• emam25, StyledByGabe and milliemaree3 like this

#12 ellamara16

ellamara16

Closed Adoptant

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 June 2017 - 03:12 PM

Honestly, I don't think it's anyone from the SB series. If it was, anyone who didn't read that series would have no clue who was being talked about. I think they're both a stand alone series with only the brief mentions here and there of people from the other. And I think CL mentioned somewhere that there wouldn't be a lot of crossover between the two. Blake being Volto would be a major crossover imo.

I could be wrong, but that's my two cents.

I agree about blake I guess but will is actually more involved with sang then kaylee so I still think it could be him 

I could be wrong, but that's my two cents

#13 Savyss

Savyss

Closed Adoptant

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 07:05 PM

It can't be Blake because in one of C. L.'s cheat sheets it says that Volto "like-likes" Sang. As in a love interest.

New theory. What about if Volto is 3 people? Karen, Derrick, and Will? Thoughts?
  • emam25, StyledByGabe and LovinGBseries like this

#14 StyledByGabe

StyledByGabe

Three Amigos Supervisor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 774 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 12 June 2017 - 04:59 AM

I think Volto has to be multiple people, he would have to be Superman to be able to know and accomplish all he does.

Reason I think Derrick might be involved: I don't trust teenagers with bowl cuts.

Reason I think Derrick might not be involved: he thought the boys worked too hard being in the Academy. Being a member of Volto is almost as much work. I'm not sure his motivation would overcome his inertia.

But definitely good theories out there. I hope C.L. wraps that plotline up soon. I hate skimming or skipping chapters. Volto's definitely in my bad books.
  • emam25, LovinGBseries, Leesharose and 2 others like this

#15 emam25

emam25

In Training

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 15 June 2017 - 03:43 AM

Besides Volto, does anyone think her showing Derrick the attic will come back into play?

• StyledByGabe likes this

#16 LovinGBseries

LovinGBseries

Preparing for June 20th. Black & Green!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 803 posts
  • LocationWashington State

Posted 15 June 2017 - 06:27 AM

Besides Volto, does anyone think her showing Derrick the attic will come back into play?

It certainly leaves me worried. On the other hand, it would seem that he has kept her secret for now. Time will tell.

#17 StyledByGabe

StyledByGabe

Three Amigos Supervisor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 774 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 17 June 2017 - 01:08 AM

Ever since it happened I've been expecting it to come up again. If Derrick mentions it while the boys are around, they might think it's a betrayal that Sang told him about her special place. They might also be jealous that Sang thought well enough of Derrick that she'd trust him with her secret. Either way, I have bad feelings about what would come of it.
  • emam25, LovinGBseries and gotmamadrama like this

#18 emam25

emam25

In Training

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 19 June 2017 - 01:29 AM

Me too.