11 replies to this topic

#1 briana_elisaa

briana_elisaa

In Training

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 05:34 AM

So guys, it's finally June! Hopefully (fingers crossed), Black and Green will be out by the end of this month!! It feels like we've waited forever (for over a year), and now the finish line is in sight, and I just KNOW that it is going to be amazing, considering all the time and energy that CL has put into this. So my question is: what is everyone hoping for and expecting? What progress do you think we're looking at? What problems do you think the book will focus on? We've had over a year to think, so I'm guessing at least some of us have some pretty detailed theories bouncing around in our heads!

• emam25, StyledByGabe, mrenee16 and 4 others like this

the cutie in my display picture is bang yongguk, leader, composer, and rapper of b.a.p <3

#2 tcifers

tcifers

Closed Adoptant

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 05:43 AM

I'd like to read more about her family! With her dad back I think we will know more about her mom.
  • emam25, StyledByGabe, jaxxy and 2 others like this

#3 StyledByGabe

StyledByGabe

Three Amigos Supervisor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 773 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 05 June 2017 - 07:14 AM

Well, I'm rereading Sugar, and during the Black Friday shopping trip, Sang thinks she ought to buy a Christmas gift for Marie and her father and stepmother. It made me wonder if during her dad's visit (which is just after New Year's), Sang will give her father his gift; and we'll see if her POS father brought gifts for his daughters.

I'll write again after I've had more time to ponder.
  • emam25, mrenee16, jaxxy and 3 others like this

#4 emam25

emam25

In Training

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 05 June 2017 - 03:58 PM

I am excited to learn more about Sean, and hopefully Mr. Blackbourne too. I also can't wait to see how the dynamic of the group has changed now that everyone knows the plan. The only thing I'm a little bummed about is that according to Amazon it is only 252 pgs. I need more, lol. 1,000 or so would be ideal  :D

• StyledByGabe, mrenee16, jaxxy and 4 others like this

#5 Lauralass

Lauralass

In Training

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 04:40 PM

I'm looking forward to seeing Sean and Sang's relationship developing, and seeing what impact his mum has on them. Also how the group changes now they all know the plan.

I want to learn more about Sang's birth mother, and why her dad is back.

Also more clues to who Volto is would be nice!!
  • StyledByGabe, mrenee16, briana_elisaa and 2 others like this

#6 briana_elisaa

briana_elisaa

In Training

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 06:42 PM

Personally I'm really curious about the description on Amazon about the book, it seems like this book is going to be focused on their relationships and her family more than anything. But, what does it mean by "normal family", is Sang's dad leaving his new woman/family to come back to Marie, Sang, and Mrs. Sorenson, or is he having his new family fuse with his old family, and that's Sang's new 'normal' family? I'm dying to know which one it means. 

Then there's the part about the relationships "tearing them apart from the inside". How much is it eating at them? How much is it affecting them, and their relationships with each other and with her? What is Mr. Blackbourne doing about it, because he won't just sit down and let the boys fight with each other. Also by my count, Mr. B, North, Dr. Green, and Victor are 100% down with the plan, Silas and Luke are pretty much okay with it as long as she's okay with it, and that leaves Kota, Nathan, and Gabe as the wild cards in my opinion, although I'm still not 100% sure about Silas and Luke.

That leaves Dr. Green, and what he's going to do about it? The summary says that he's "not going to lie down and roll over by playing by the rules" so what is planning? How much does Mr. B know about it, or is he going to be more focused on what's going on with the boys? Is he going to try to do whatever he's planning alone, or is he going to have help from one or more of the boys? Will all of them end up helping by the end of the book, getting over their disagreements in order to keep Sang? Thinking about it, now that they all know, having Sang go through some family drama where she might get taken away from them might be the perfect opportunity to get all of them to get on board with the plan, as if it's the true test of whether they're willing to share her or let her get away from them. 

But then there's also Volto, the school, the Academy, and her various other issues that will also play into things that we may or may not see in this book. There's so many possibilities, so I'm trying to analyze and think about what's going to happen based purely off the summary, but I guess we'll see what happens!

• LovinGBseries, Lauralass and ellamara16 like this

the cutie in my display picture is bang yongguk, leader, composer, and rapper of b.a.p <3

#7 Lauralass

Lauralass

In Training

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 07:01 PM

Yeah the 'normal family' bit is interesting. I can't see him giving up his new woman to come back to Mrs Sorensen and the girls...unless the new lady dumped him?!? So it might be a merging of his new and old families, boarding school may or may not be involved.

Mr Blackbourne will probably focus on the group as a whole, especially the boys. But i can see something major happening, Sean having enough, not wanting to risk losing her and doing something drastic, 'breaking the rules', before the rest of them rally round too.

I agree there will be an opportunity for the guys to realise they'd rather share her than lose her completely

#8 Lavenderchan

Lavenderchan

Applicant/Testing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 07:41 PM

I am thinking she gets pulled from the house and lives with one of the guys. Like sean or mr. blackborne

• StyledByGabe and Lauralass like this

#9 milliemaree3

milliemaree3

Closed Adoptant

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 11:02 PM

I'm mostly looking forward to each of the relationships progressing. These are a few things I hope for:

Sang seeing North's tattoo of her bite and having a conversation about it.

A good conversation/ make out session with Kota. I feel like their kiss had the biggest build up and was kinda a let down. They had a few intense almost kisses that I thought their first would have been a bit more passionate. Now that everything is out in the open, I'm hoping they can have a vulnerable conversation.

I'm hoping there is a conversation about wether or not Sang is Victor's first kiss. I'm pretty sure she is, but a cute conversation. I love how they adore each other.

Always want more with Blackbourne. Always.

Hoping the storyline with the school gets wrapped up. I just don't care about it and find myself skimming until she's with the guys.

Getting closer to finding out who Volto is. It seems with their skills they should be getting some good leads on who's behind Volto.

I could go on and on 😂 I'm just really excited it's almost here! I'll take anything at this point!
  • Khaleesi and StyledByGabe like this

#10 LovinGBseries

LovinGBseries

Preparing for June 20th. Black & Green!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 791 posts
  • LocationWashington State

Posted 05 June 2017 - 11:48 PM

Also by my count, Mr. B, North, Dr. Green, and Victor are 100% down with the plan,

I always keep remembering that Sean never said anything directly about his full thoughts on the plan. It was Mr B who said, He's with me. But Mr B may have been making an assumption, thinking he and Sean are always of one mind.

But it's JUUUUUUUNNNNNNNE!
soon soon soon soon soon soon soon!!!!!!
  • StyledByGabe, briana_elisaa and milliemaree3 like this

#11 Two-Bit

Two-Bit

Closed Adoptant

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco bay area, CA

Posted 06 June 2017 - 12:38 AM

I just want to see what is waitting for Sang in her old house. Is her dad staying long term? Is he moving in his new old lady or some long lost family member to be a warden over the girls??  Did he take up Mr. Hendricks offer to keep a watch on the girls by moving him in??? (don't think that would happen, but dang would that not be a twist :o  :o  :o

I want to see how sneaky the boys will be to see Sang. Has Sang finally learned that she can't get out of her blood family dynamics without help from her team.

Since the camping trip is over what's next in her Acadmey career? I want to know the next steps in her training. 

Mainly my biggest hope is that Black and Green kills my theory that Dr. Green is part of the Volto group. Volto HAS to be more than one person and I'm scared that Dr Green is part of it... :ph34r:  :ph34r:

I also want to see more of the three amigos charging in to save the day!!

15 days and counting!!  

• StyledByGabe, milliemaree3 and LovinGBseries like this

#12 briana_elisaa

briana_elisaa

In Training

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 10 June 2017 - 07:42 AM

so this is a little random, and I didn't really know what category/forum to put it in, but I'm rereading the books, and in First Days, Sang says she writes down the boys' names in Korean, and since I'm learning Korean, I figured I'd right out their names :

‪코타 리: Kota Lee
빅터 모갠: Victor Morgan
사이라스 코르바: Silas Korba
내텐 그리빈: Nathan Griffin
개브리엘 콜맨: Gabriel Coleman
루크 테일러: Luke Taylor
노스‬ 테일러: North Taylor
션 그린: Sean Green
오웬 블랙번: Owen Blackborne

It's actually more difficult than one might think, because the Korean writing system is based pretty much entirely in phonetics, and they have a few sounds that don't exist in English, but they also don't have characters that correspond with certain English letters/sounds, such as V (so technically Victor's name is spelled Bictor in Korean, kind of, not exactly), TH, and F, they also don't have an "SH" sound like in Sean, except when S is followed by and I sound. Also, their R sound and L sound are represented by the same character, and in addition to this, certain vowel sounds that we would express with the same letter have different characters in Korean, but I did the best I could.

Korean names are typically only a one syllable family/surname and a two syllable given name (s/a 방용국 bang yongguk) so it's a bit weird to see such long names in my opinion, but I think they turned out alright, anyways, I just thought I'd share.
  • emam25, emross1931, StyledByGabe and 5 others like this