#2 Dani

Dani

In Training

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 342 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 21 June 2017 - 01:06 AM

Oh no!! Is Carol in charge of hair and makeup now?!?! Gabriel's gonna kill her by the end of the chapter and the rest of the book will be about them helping him run from the cops. Lol
  • purplecherryblossom, prepgirls, StyledByGabe and 2 others like this

#3 LovinGBseries

LovinGBseries

Crazy between books

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 837 posts
  • LocationWashington State

Posted 22 June 2017 - 04:04 PM

I'm surprised Carol had a donate box for Marie's "bad" clothes. I'd think she'd throw them away with her high ideals. I can see her with a sign.
SAVE THE WORLD FROM THE WRONG CLOTHES!

She really does think she is a queen bee, knowing what she does is best for the world. Sang had on a gray skirt and white blouse. What is WRONG with this woman!!!!
Has this woman never eaten at a diner? Is she that Oblivious to those around her that she can't control. Guess they don't count, just background to the picture in her head. But what does it matter what Sang is wearing if she's making her quit? Obviously the diner hasn't fired her for her clothes. If I were Sang I would say I need to hurry to have time to talk to my boss.

Pulling out soapbox. Okay. I admit this part really had me cringing and screaming because of my own history. My mom was fashion challenged and a little insensitive. I had to finally put my foot down and hissy fit REFUSE to go to her hairstylist who was happy to cut my hair the way mom thought was sooo cute. UCK. And I finally figured out when she asked me if I liked something in the store, the answer was
It would probably look very nice ON YOU.
Otherwise she would happily get it for me for a birthday or christmas. UCK.
It took me about a year to grow out of all the "perfectly good clothes" I had, while wearing only several items over and over. Mom complained that she was tired of seeing me in the same things all the time. I did my own laundry so she wouldn't complain about,that. I explained that I wasn't going to wear any of the other things because they were either noy age appropriate or ugly. Subtlety would not work. I tried. She thought she would wear me down. She honestly didn't get it and never has.

But even Mom never tried to put her makeup on me. Thank God!!!
And HAIRSPRAY!!! Yuck.

Poor Gabriel IS going to kill Carol.
And false eyelashes!!! And Pearls! OMG!
This woman HAS TO GO!
  • purplecherryblossom, StyledByGabe and jaxxy like this

#4 StyledByGabe

StyledByGabe

Three Amigos Supervisor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 817 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 24 June 2017 - 03:48 AM

I like how Sang just trusts that Gabriel has set up everything perfectly well in her closet. I laughed when she was second guessing him about the sneakers. Really Sang, you think that Gabriel mismatched colours in your outfit?

Marie had a lot of not-great clothes from the time her father bought their clothes in bulk. It's probably best to ditch a lot of it. Good news, maybe Marie will get new clothes out of this deal. Bad news, Carol will be choosing them.
  • prepgirls and LovinGBseries like this

#5 LovinGBseries

LovinGBseries

Crazy between books

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 837 posts
  • LocationWashington State

Posted 24 June 2017 - 03:54 AM

I like how Sang just trusts that Gabriel has set up everything perfectly well in her closet. I laughed when she was second guessing him about the sneakers. Really Sang, you think that Gabriel mismatched colours in your outfit?

Marie had a lot of not-great clothes from the time her father bought their clothes in bulk. It's probably best to ditch a lot of it. Good news, maybe Marie will get new clothes out of this deal. Bad news, Carol will be choosing them.

Marie also traded Sang's clothes with Danielle. Something tells me some of those clothes might be pushing the Ashley Waters clothing policy but since no skirts Marie doesn't have to worry about length.
  • StyledByGabe and Dbaz74@yahoo.com like this

#6 jaxxy

jaxxy

In Training

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 12:36 AM

In the series so far CL has pulled a lot of emotions from me.  Amusement, Incredulity, Digust, Anger etc.  This is the first time I've been horrified.  I was actually cringing when I read about...the clothes, the hairspray, OH YE GADS THE MAKEUP!!!!

All I could see in my mind was little clown Sang.  And if I was there I wouldn't have hugged her because I don't like clowns, but I would feel really bad.  And I would get her a towel to wash her face and probably sackcloth because it would probably be better than what she had on.  

The poor, poor thing.

• prepgirls, StyledByGabe, LovinGBseries and 2 others like this

Reply to this topic