Chapter 10-Help Me Help You

#2 Jme 1983

Jme 1983

In Training

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 04:52 PM

"Your father seems a little stressed after coming here.". Ha!...ya think!?! Pffft...looks like he's dropped some pretenses..

Bleh...I almost want to believe this lady really has good intentions...but then she tells Sang to quit her job
  • purplecherryblossom, prepgirls, StyledByGabe and 3 others like this

#3 Dani

Dani

In Training

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 342 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 20 June 2017 - 11:30 PM

I'm so tense reading this book. Carol is bonkers. Quit my job? Babysit? I want Sang to run away and never return. The cops would only look for her for about a month. She's a ghost. She can hide out with Mr. B until Victor deletes her case from the police system or something. Ugh. Also, quit my job?!?!?
  • prepgirls, StyledByGabe, ladybug4 and 1 other like this

#4 LovinGBseries

LovinGBseries

Crazy between books

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 837 posts
  • LocationWashington State

Posted 21 June 2017 - 03:19 PM

This woman gives me the heebee jeebees. She makes My stomach twist in knots. If she holds out an olive branch it's so she can hit you with it the minute you relax. Help Jimmy? Makes me wonder what Carol feels is wrong with him, because you know she has a list of his deficiencies too. Or is it just a way to get Jimmy able to keep an eye on her at school.
  • purplecherryblossom, prepgirls, StyledByGabe and 1 other like this

#5 Lauralass

Lauralass

In Training

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 03:47 PM

Help Jimmy? Makes me wonder what Carol feels is wrong with him, because you know she has a list of his deficiencies too. Or is it just a way to get Jimmy able to keep an eye on her at school.

Good point...why would he need help making friends unless his mom thought there was something wrong with him. It could be a way of trying to get him into her friendship group/hang around with her so he can report back
  • purplecherryblossom, StyledByGabe and ladybug4 like this

#6 purplecherryblossom

purplecherryblossom

The Anti-Hugger

• Administrators
  • 509 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 21 June 2017 - 03:52 PM

It seems as though Carol was trying to make them instant siblings, and wanted to Sang to help him fit in a school, find friends and all that. I don't think there is anything wrong with him. I think she was trying to help them "bond".

• StyledByGabe and Lauralass like this

#7 Lauralass

Lauralass

In Training

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 04:04 PM

Yeah that sounds right...trying to make an instant family of them. And it may have been to helo discourage her many 'boyfriends' a little...

Or we're reading too much into it!! Lol
  • StyledByGabe likes this

#8 StyledByGabe

StyledByGabe

Three Amigos Supervisor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 817 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 21 June 2017 - 10:32 PM

I can't figure Carol out. She's like good cop, bad cop rolled into one. Hmmm...very human. But I need to have an instant read on everyone. Stop being so complex, people!!!

Fix Sang's attendance record before they move?!? When, at the end of the next week? She thinks they're all stressed now, try moving in two weeks, right after being sprung with a new "step-family" and unpacking a bunch of moving boxes. Then she'd see what hooliganism is really like.

Sang, quit her job??! But it's good experience on her resume. It's totally encouraged to have a job as a teenager. Sang should petition her father over that issue (good luck overruling Carol) and/or ask Carol to reconsider. She can always "babysit" Jessica, I suppose, but now Carol thinks that Jessica is Sang's friend. Friends don't babysit friends, do they? Hmmm...

Haha, it would be funny if Sang joined a music ensemble at school. I don't think she knows a single note. Same for art club. Stick figures, anyone? She better not be put to the test in any of those areas. I guess she can text or email the guys for advice.

Sang's still going to clean her room and have it inspected by Carol? Then make a list of after school activities?
Will this day ever end? It seems like 3 days ago she was at camp.

Sang already has a job to do at school, and it doesn't involve making Jimmy and Marie fit in better at school. She doesn't even know how to do that for herself.

Sang's father deserves every bit of stress on his shoulders. He piled it on with his own hands!

We'll see if talking things over with Gabriel (if he's still in the attic) will help her decompress.
  • ladybug4 and LovinGBseries like this

#9 LovinGBseries

LovinGBseries

Crazy between books

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 837 posts
  • LocationWashington State

Posted 21 June 2017 - 10:50 PM

I keep asking myself, why doesn't Sang try to talk to her useless POS dad. Okay...he's definitely closed off, shut down and escaping the situation. At the very least she might get some more information for their possible solutions. It probably wouldn't help though. He'd probably runaway again. And probably too confrontational for Sang at this point.
  • StyledByGabe and gotmamadrama like this

Reply to this topic