#1 gotmamadrama

gotmamadrama

Applicant/Testing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia , Pa

Posted 21 June 2017 - 03:26 AM

One of the things I hoped would happen in Black and Green was that Marie would finally show some growth and compassion towards Sang. I guess that was too much to ask for. Carol wasn't even half as bad as Mrs. Sorenson and she acted like she was dying. She really has all the worst traits from both parents. Their entitlement,selfishness,cowardice and lack of empathy. I hope in later books Sang realizes how toxic she is before it costs her something dear. I can totally see Marie and Stepmonster doing something to hurt Sang especially if they know she's happy.
  • purplecherryblossom, StyledByGabe, Crystal_Sky and 2 others like this

#2 delete_account

delete_account

In Training

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 03:59 AM

I don't know, while I do understand your point, Marie WAS willing to help Sang and cooperate with her. She wasn't completely uncooperative, and she didn't really do anything that I thought was particularly bad to Sang. Yes, she did say some things to Carol about Sang, but that makes sense, especially because it happened before Sang got back to the house. Now I don't necessarily think Marie is going to be a good sister to Sang or that all is good between them, but I don't think she's gotten any worse.

Also keep in mind that not only has Marie been essentially ignored for years with the Sorenson's, but then her father left, with very little concern or care for her, her mother was dragged away for months and she had been unable to see her much at all. And then all of a sudden, the woman that her father left her and her mother for shows up in HER home with HER son and begins to change absolutely everything, down to the plates they use, and Carol is also very obviously disdainful towards Marie and doesn't trust her or treat her with any respect at all, and then Carol is telling her that they'll be moving from her home as soon as the divorce with her mom goes through, meaning she'll see her mom even less than she already has. And this is all while Carol has absolutely no say over Marie or Sang at all, she has no claim to them. But there's nothing really that Marie can do with her mom in the hospital, her father not really caring and basically acting as Carol's puppet, and with her being just shy of 18 with no money or resources of her own. I think her reaction to the situation was justified, as it wasn't just how Carol was as a mother but the entire situation and what Carol represented. 

Also, I don't really see Marie or Mrs. Sorenson doing anything to Sang at this point as long as she stays out of the way. They can live happily as the two of them, Mrs. Sorenson can get what she wants out of the divorce without having to face any legal repercussions for Sang (whether it be for the forgery or for abuse). Marie probably realizes that Sang and the boys had something to do with getting her mom out of the hospital early and getting Carol out of the house, so I highly doubt she'll want to hurt Sang. I think at this point, everyone just wants Sang to move out and they can live out their lives separately. There may be some complications with the divorce and Sang still being underage, but I'd be willing to bet that Mrs. Sorenson is at least in a bit better of a mental state to be able to talk with the lawyers and work out the arrangement so she doesn't have to see Sang, and Sang doesn't have to see her.

• StyledByGabe and Two-Bit like this

the cutie in my display picture is bang yongguk, leader, composer, and rapper of b.a.p <3

#3 gotmamadrama

gotmamadrama

Applicant/Testing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 04:19 AM

I really hope your right. I think that despite myself because of some the reasons you gave I was just hoping to see a little more give on her end. The best case scenario is that it will be out of sight out of mind. The hate and resentment Mrs. Sorenson holds for Sang seems so strong that I'm a little on edge about here being back. Then there's her possible influence on Marie coupled with Marie's jealousy of Sang.
  • StyledByGabe likes this

#4 LovinGBseries

LovinGBseries

Crazy between books

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 841 posts
  • LocationWashington State

Posted 21 June 2017 - 05:02 AM

Marie will always be jealous of Sang. Mrs. Sorenson will always hate what Sang represents. The Academy intervention is being made without anything being said. Lily was careful to make it all be intervention by the hospital out of concern for Mrs S's health. With direction and aid from lawyers, the divorce should ease their tension. There's always room for other issues on all fronts. However, if there is a legal divorce and no where is Sang mentioned, then I would say she's got some safe distance.

Sang who?
  • StyledByGabe, mrenee16, delete_account and 2 others like this

#5 gotmamadrama

gotmamadrama

Applicant/Testing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 05:30 AM

I suppose Marie has been a trigger for me since I started reading the series. I'm a big sister I got my first sibling when I was in second grade. I remember mom bringing my baby brother home putting him in my arms and saying look at our baby and I took that to heart. For me with him and the two after him I kind of see them as mine too. My only instinct has ever been to love and protect them. So Marie's interactions with Sang seriously pisses me off even if I can see why there is resentment.
  • purplecherryblossom, StyledByGabe and LovinGBseries like this

#6 delete_account

delete_account

In Training

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 07:35 PM

Yea, I don't think that anything will ever be peachy and fine between Marie/Mrs. Sorenson and Sang, however, I do think that things will calm down and they won't actively search for her, as long as she just stays out of their way and doesn't make life difficult for them, especially with some good lawyers with Sang's safety and status in mind. We all knew that the relative freedom Sang had gotten after her father left and her mother went into the hospital wouldn't last for the 2 more years until she turned 18, and now, things seem to be working into their hands, although it didn't seem like it at first. With them controlling the divorce, things should go a little more smoothly, especially since neither parent really wants to have Sang around.

I know what you mean, I have some younger siblings, and I also just have friends that are a few years younger than me that I think of as younger siblings, and seeing Marie act like this is surprising and heart wrenching for me. However, I'm also not in her situation, and looking at it from her point of view, I understand the jealousy and hurt that she must be feeling. I don't think it excuses her actions in any way, but I do understand. I don't think anyone in that family has lived a normal life for a very long time and I feel terrible for all of them, honestly. Again, it doesn't excuse their actions, but I do try to understand at least, because trying to understand, helps me to understand where Sang is coming from in trying to protect her family. 

• StyledByGabe, LovinGBseries and gotmamadrama like this

the cutie in my display picture is bang yongguk, leader, composer, and rapper of b.a.p <3