#1 emam25

emam25

In Training

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 22 June 2017 - 04:06 AM

I wish I were organized enough in thought to write all of this down in the individual chapter threads, but this amazing book has turned my mind to mush so I hope you all will forgive my general overall book babbling.

The letters- Ugh. I LOVE this. The A report used to be one of my favorite parts, but this is so much better now that we will be getting the boys throughout the books. Although we are always in Sang's head she rarely thinks of the boys or her feelings as honestly and unflinchingly as she did in that letter, and I can't wait to see what she writes to the others and what they write to her in return. Owen's may kill me.

Functionality- This book did a really good job job of wrapping up one of the main problems for Sang in the series. I feel like we are wrapping up phase one in a way, and that maybe the next book will tie up McCoy and Hendricks, and the one after could finish Volto. Then we could be onto the next phase of Academy training and all that that brings. At least that is what I hope.

Other things I loved were Sean's thoughts, Owen losing his cool, all the kissing, Kota starting to accept the plan, Sang learning how to handle North when he needs a nap, that they are actually going to get Sang the mental health help that she needs, the boys just being the boys, and, gah, everything. I missed it all during this waiting time between books. I can't wait to see what is next!!!!!!!

• purplecherryblossom, prepgirls, ladybug4 and 5 others like this

#2 purplecherryblossom

purplecherryblossom

The Anti-Hugger

• Administrators
  • 515 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 22 June 2017 - 11:56 AM

I wish I were organized enough in thought to write all of this down in the individual chapter threads, but this amazing book has turned my mind to mush so I hope you all will forgive my general overall book babbling.
The letters- Ugh. I LOVE this. The A report used to be one of my favorite parts, but this is so much better now that we will be getting the boys throughout the books. Although we are always in Sang's head she rarely thinks of the boys or her feelings as honestly and unflinchingly as she did in that letter, and I can't wait to see what she writes to the others and what they write to her in return. Owen's may kill me.
Functionality- This book did a really good job job of wrapping up one of the main problems for Sang in the series. I feel like we are wrapping up phase one in a way, and that maybe the next book will tie up McCoy and Hendricks, and the one after could finish Volto. Then we could be onto the next phase of Academy training and all that that brings. At least that is what I hope.
Other things I loved were Sean's thoughts, Owen losing his cool, all the kissing, Kota starting to accept the plan, Sang learning how to handle North when he needs a nap, that they are actually going to get Sang the mental health help that she needs, the boys just being the boys, and, gah, everything. I missed it all during this waiting time between books. I can't wait to see what is next!!!!!!!

Where's the "love it" button when you need it!!
  • emam25, ladybug4, mrenee16 and 1 other like this

#3 mrenee16

mrenee16

Applicant/Testing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 22 June 2017 - 04:06 PM

I think I say this every time, but this is now my favorite book. I couldn't put it down. I went through so many different emotions while reading this...just LOVED it!!
  • purplecherryblossom, LovinGBseries, Lauralass and 2 others like this

#4 Dbaz74@yahoo.com

Dbaz74@yahoo.com

In Training

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 06:05 PM

I love this overall post on the book♡ I've had the same trouble trying to organize my thoughts per chapter. For me this book seems the most intense of all the books so far. Maybe because of the cliffhanger in the last book? Or all the time in between leaving myself to worry so much about sang? Or the fast pace of the book? A lot happens in the span from a Friday to Monday. Not sure why I feel this way. Second read through wasn't so stressful lol :)

I did like the parallel comparison between carol and mrs green. Dr sean recognizes how controlling carol is because of his own mom...but carol is much worse. We peek at her crazy when that plate gets chipped and she goes off the deep end. How different mrs green treats a broken bowl! I like how cl reveals the difference between the two. I think it helps drive the point home that while dr sean mom is strict and can be controlling she is not heartless or nuts! Carol is a wacko. She uses the broken plate as a way to demonstrate that dr sean because he's adopted is broken and not worth keeping either.

Jimmy is an interesting character. I'm not sure how I feel about him. The checking up on sangs things is creepy but seems less invasive than if carol did it. I'm thinking he might have a crush on sang...we shall see about that when cheat sheets come in. Jimmy also has protected sang from his mom so I don't think he's completely in camp carol...some double speak was going on between jimmy and Carol regarding broken things that can't be fixed. I am curious if jimmy saw the photos in sangs attic then why didn't he mention that nathan and kota - they played basketball - were 2 guys sang has pictures of? Or even dr sean?

Mrs green seems too uptight but not a bad person to me...manipulative yes but not a bad person. When she talks to dr sean about how she found him it raised a question for me. Previously I thought it was the academy hospital where dr sean was found. ..now I know the hospital didn't exist yet because that was seans and Owens doing...anyone else confused on that point?

I did love hearing sean and owen talk about how they became the youngest to graduate. Seeing how they fought and worked together within the team was a treat into who they are.

I loathe sangs father. Haven't read anything about him that is nice yet. What a coward. I think he realized dr sean is one of sangs boyfriends when the "interview" before dinner happened. ..this is why he got pale...could also be why he told more lies about sang because he knows the boys know his secrets. He should be afraid!

I really liked how comfortable sang and the others are with kissing now. Lots of honesty and opening up better communication lines with everyone in this book...no more keeping it to yourself :) kota said it well when he shared his past experience and stated that it wasn't right that they want sang to be open and trusting with them when they haven't done the same with her. Yes! Sang has felt this way in the past so the validation is awesome ♡

So many questions now about owen. Somebody else has already caught the whole comment about the small size of yard he has to garden which is why he uses dr greens space...where does owen live? Don't think it's with its his dad based on past comments he's made. Where does he get his money from? He's at the fringe of most activities in this book so I'm really looking forward to the next book and getting my owen fix.

This whole letter writing in the journal using the Korean alphabet is genius! I can also see this being used later for the team to prove to the academy that they should stay together. Plus I love reading how everyone thinks and feels about each other ♡

I'll stop here since my thoughts on this book are turning into my own short story. ..but oh how I love this book and series♡ thank you cl stone! Please keep writing and doing what you do so well with these characters :)
  • purplecherryblossom, ladybug4, mrenee16 and 4 others like this

#5 Khaleesi

Khaleesi

In Training

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 400 posts
  • LocationMexico

Posted 22 June 2017 - 06:34 PM

I think what I loved the most about the book is that I finally feel like I know Dr. Sean a little better. He was my least favorite of the guys because of his constant flirty personality.
I was particularly interested to read about his relationship with his mom because I thought no woman could intimidate him.
It made me sad when he felt bad because he thinks she prefers Owen and when he didn't say anything if he disagreed just to not upset her.
Sang under so much stress and pressure, poor girl. I love her. I want her to be happy. She's not real but it worries me someone so young could have high triglycerides levels lol.
The boys where there with her all the time in some way or another but I still feel like they weren't around enough.
Carol...what an obnoxious woman. So bossy and controlling.
Kota made me cry when he confessed what his father did to him. Always so protective of his mom and sister. So kind and sweet. The way he kisses Sang melts my heart ❤. I love him.
Overall, B&G was amazing. It was worth the wait but I seriously hope we don't have to wait another year for LCR.
  • Lauralass and Two-Bit like this

#6 LovinGBseries

LovinGBseries

Crazy between books

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 841 posts
  • LocationWashington State

Posted 22 June 2017 - 06:35 PM

Really great points dbaz74.

Missed that Jimmy should recognize the guys from the attic photos!

Yep - Sean has a tiger mom and it comes from love. Carol is just nuts.
  • Lauralass and Dbaz74@yahoo.com like this

#7 Lauralass

Lauralass

In Training

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 08:00 PM

I loved this book. It was great seeing more of Sean and how he feels about Sang. It was awful to see how he doesn't feel god enough for his mom! I hope over the next book something will happen with those two, because the bowl scene did show how she loves him, she is just very focused on him being the best he can be.
Learning more about Kota was heart breaking, to see what he went through with his dad. Also how he was feeling insecure with his relationship with Sang...I'm glad they had that talk at the end, and hope their relationship continues to grow cos its easy to see she loves him and he her.

As for Jimmy, i think he definitely likes Sang...but how far that goes i dont know. He seemed supportive of his mom keeping her away from other guys. As for the photos he either didn't look at them well enough to recognise individual boys. Or he could have recognised them and wanted to learn more before he said anything...Marie told him about other guys living in the street and then he went to Nathan's house rather than Derek's...
  • Dbaz74@yahoo.com and gotmamadrama like this

#8 Dbaz74@yahoo.com

Dbaz74@yahoo.com

In Training

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 08:09 PM

Lauralass good call on picking up on the marie comment and jimmy heading to nathan first verses Derrick who isn't a sang boyfriend. Jimmy does seem really observent. He could be trying to figure out what is really going on with everything he's heard and seen so far. His motivation could be general curiosity, crush on sang himself, spying for his mom because he's evil, or even concern for his mom and trying to find the truth in this Web of lies. He's the one character in this book it's hard to get a read on.
  • LovinGBseries and Lauralass like this

#9 Lauralass

Lauralass

In Training

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 08:16 PM

He is definitely a wild card. He is very observant and probably naturally curious...especially about this girl who his mom wanted him to share a room with. I don't think he is genuinely evil, but it is possible his mom has manipulated things so that he thinks he is doing the right thing and protecting Sang, or his mom even...especially if Sang's dad has been freely saying that Sang is a troubled girl!!
  • LovinGBseries and Dbaz74@yahoo.com like this

#10 Dbaz74@yahoo.com

Dbaz74@yahoo.com

In Training

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 08:25 PM

I think it's possible that 1 of the reasons his mom wants jimmy and sang to share a room is because she wants them to become close. ..like a couple and not siblings. Sang is beautiful and smart. Plus carol thinks she can control everyone. Jimmy and sang seem pushed together frequently in the book. Seems similar to how dr sean is pushed towards marie from carol.
  • LovinGBseries, Lauralass and gotmamadrama like this

#11 Lauralass

Lauralass

In Training

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 08:28 PM

Ooo yes i noticed that, was obvious at dinner...the way he smiled at her. Bet his mom has mentioned the odd thing into his ear. Also would explain the lack of a second bed for 'their' room...even siblings don't share a bed...especially at that age!!

#12 Dbaz74@yahoo.com

Dbaz74@yahoo.com

In Training

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 08:33 PM

So wrong! Why do all the wackos get thrown at sang? Our poor girl! After meeting a few of the guys - especially nathan and how buff he is - jimmy should think twice about being a perv.
  • Lauralass likes this

#13 Lauralass

Lauralass

In Training

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 08:35 PM

I know our girl does attract some strange ones!! Good thing the guys are around.
Yeah Jimmy should really get the hint...but he hasn't met North yet, or Silas...that would be fun!! Hahaha

#14 LovinGBseries

LovinGBseries

Crazy between books

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 08:43 PM

I think it's possible that 1 of the reasons his mom wants jimmy and sang to share a room is because she wants them to become close. ..like a couple and not siblings. Sang is beautiful and smart. Plus carol thinks she can control everyone. Jimmy and sang seem pushed together frequently in the book. Seems similar to how dr sean is pushed towards marie from carol.

Ewww. But yah. I can see her figuring out how everything will be so nice.

Isn't this nice.

#15 Dbaz74@yahoo.com

Dbaz74@yahoo.com

In Training

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 08:44 PM

North and Silas would put the fear of God into that interloper! Hee hee :) is it wrong to want to see jimmy approached by all 9 guys?
  • ladybug4, Lauralass and Two-Bit like this

#16 LovinGBseries

LovinGBseries

Crazy between books

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 08:46 PM

So wrong! Why do all the wackos get thrown at sang? Our poor girl! After meeting a few of the guys - especially nathan and how buff he is - jimmy should think twice about being a perv.

Yep. If Jimmy was checking out the competition playing basketball, I'm sure he realizes he's outclassed. And he hasn't even run into North or Silas yet.
  • mrenee16 and Dbaz74@yahoo.com like this

#17 Dbaz74@yahoo.com

Dbaz74@yahoo.com

In Training

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 09:16 PM

Another thought about this book: now that Mr sorrenson knows about the bomb threats at the school do you all think he'll be more inclined to get sang into a boarding school where police won't notice her?
  • Lauralass likes this

#18 Lauralass

Lauralass

In Training

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 09:24 PM

North and Silas would put the fear of God into that interloper! Hee hee :) is it wrong to want to see jimmy approached by all 9 guys?

No totally not wrong...thats a main reason i want him in the next book...to see them set Jimmy straight when it comes to their girl!!
  • mrenee16, Dbaz74@yahoo.com and gotmamadrama like this

#19 gotmamadrama

gotmamadrama

Applicant/Testing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia , Pa

Posted 23 June 2017 - 02:02 AM

Another thought about this book: now that Mr sorrenson knows about the bomb threats at the school do you all think he'll be more inclined to get sang into a boarding school where police won't notice her?

Honestly the more I think about it Mr Sorenson is the one that worries me the most. That's with Mcoy and Volto on the loose. Volto seems to be trying to get her away from the academy for her safety. McCoy is a creeper and I have no doubt he's used his position at the school to take advantage of another girl. Mr Sorenson however is operating on pure desperation and selfishness and that's really dangerous to me. It been proven that he has no paternal or protective instinct where Sang is involved. He's also shown himself to be emotionally manipulative and willing to spread lies if it furthers his gains. Despite him being spineless to me he's the one I think Sang and the boys should be worried about.
  • Lauralass and Dbaz74@yahoo.com like this

#20 Lauralass

Lauralass

In Training

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 05:26 AM

Yeah definitely...desperate people do desperate things...and he's gonna be very worried his house of cards is gonna come crashing down any minute!

At least with the others, they have kinda got McCoy under control, or at least under surveillance. And Volto they are on alert for him...it is her dad they need to get an angle on now
  • Dbaz74@yahoo.com and gotmamadrama like this