29 replies to this topic

#21 purplecherryblossom

purplecherryblossom

The Anti-Hugger

• Administrators
  • 505 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 23 June 2017 - 12:36 PM

Previously I thought it was the academy hospital where dr sean was found. ..now I know the hospital didn't exist yet because that was seans and Owens doing...anyone else confused on that point?

Don't want to interrupt the reaction post because I love reading them all! But I thought I could help clarify this! Its one hospital but it has two sides. An Academy side and a normal side. The normal side was where Sean was found and across the street is where Sean and Owen created the Academy side.
  • LovinGBseries and Lauralass like this

#22 Dbaz74@yahoo.com

Dbaz74@yahoo.com

In Training

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 02:42 PM

Yeah definitely...desperate people do desperate things...and he's gonna be very worried his house of cards is gonna come crashing down any minute!

At least with the others, they have kinda got McCoy under control, or at least under surveillance. And Volto they are on alert for him...it is her dad they need to get an angle on now

True! Volto and school stuff is also not personal. The dad and family factors are more stressful since it involves sangs safety, health, and emotional well being.

Don't want to interrupt the reaction post because I love reading them all! But I thought I could help clarify this! Its one hospital but it has two sides. An Academy side and a normal side. The normal side was where Sean was found and across the street is where Sean and Owen created the Academy side.

Thank you! I was confused after reading about this since the timing wasn't adding up.
  • purplecherryblossom and Lauralass like this

#23 Dbaz74@yahoo.com

Dbaz74@yahoo.com

In Training

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 04:29 PM

I am curious about what Mr sorrenson will now do. He's ignoring the phone calls from carol and whoever else is trying to reach him. If he's heard about the home health care folks - Liam and lily - then he might be freaking out about his secrets coming out. Or he could be freaking out worried that his wife might have told his mistress on him. It would make sense for him to want to give his wife what she asks for and divorce her...then move his mistress as far away as fast as he can. Even if he wants to do this I don't think carol will allow it.she wouldn't understand and doesn't know his true motivation.
  • Lauralass and gotmamadrama like this

#24 Lauralass

Lauralass

In Training

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 04:41 PM

I wanna know what he is thinking too. It makes sense that he would try to keep his wife happy..she has already threatened to out him and it won't take much for her to break.
Carol is gonna be difficult, she doesn't understand what is going on and isn't going to be as easy to pacify/fob off with excuses...especially as her living arrangements are currently up in the air.

I wouldn't be surprised if he is considering legging it, or at least leaving Carol out in the cold...he doesn't seem especially happy with her

#25 Dbaz74@yahoo.com

Dbaz74@yahoo.com

In Training

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 04:54 PM

I don't think he'll just up and run. He has a job and the women in his life could cause enough problems for him that it can affect his employment. Dropping carol would make his life simpler but he's a coward so who knows what he will do. I vote heart attack still :) talk about stress! Still don't feel sorry for him at all though.
  • LovinGBseries and Lauralass like this

#26 Lauralass

Lauralass

In Training

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 05:02 PM

Well i wouldn't be surprised if he had a heart attack or something...his blood pressure must be through the roof!!

#27 Dbaz74@yahoo.com

Dbaz74@yahoo.com

In Training

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 05:05 PM

We can only hope :D

#28 Lauralass

Lauralass

In Training

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 05:41 PM

Haha yeah we can...he's definitely not much use otherwise!
  • Dbaz74@yahoo.com likes this

#29 jaxxy

jaxxy

In Training

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 27 June 2017 - 12:23 AM

This book.  Everything was so unexpected to me.  I felt like with every page I turned there was a surprise lurking around the corner.  This book was filled with so much emotion.  And I love how much attention Dr. Sean was paying to her.  I loved that it moved him to get her out.  Yes, they all did it.  But Sean pretty much going nuts is what did it and I adore him so much more.  As far as my favorite characters are concerned, he's still my #3, but he's giving Gabriel a run for his money with that #2 spot. 

I think it as brilliant that the first guy that we get to hear his POV is Sean.  First Kiss, First POV.  He's wracking up quite a list here.  Makes me wonder what other firsts he's going to get. 

What makes me a little sad though is that Dr. Sean seems a little jealous of Owen.  Honestly, I think Mrs. Midori loves Mr. Blackbourne so much because he spills all Sean's secrets to her.  She gets to know about her son even though he's living on his own and living his own life.  Sean's her baby boy, and I believe she adores him.  I just wish he saw that.  (And you can't tell me that  Mr. Blackbourne isn't a sucker for Mrs. Midori.)  I honestly think if Sean were more open with her she'd get off his back some--not completely but some. 

I hated Carol.  As I was reading, I couldn't exactly pinpoint why until the end.  Lily said it all.  She should have known better.  She's a grown woman who wasn't using a lick of common sense.  I get being a disciplinarian but some of the things she had Sang do...wouldn't you at least get to know Sang first?  Get a judge of her character and personality and not force her into some mold of her design.  And honestly, I don't think Mr. Sorenson is going to go back to Carol.  I think he's just going to disappear from their lives.  Mr. Sorenson has BAD TASTE IN WOMEN.  I mean, if he was going to let some woman walk all over him, why didn't he just stay with Mrs. Sorenson?  What sense does it make? 

And did anyone notice how he NEVER had a conversation with Sang or Marie?  I get that it was like that before, but...I think this book just made me really frustrated with his character.  I have an expression I use to describe this type of man but all I'll say is that it involves the words mealy mouth and some expletives. 

Overall, the book was an emotional rollercoaster for me.  Push & Shove was my favorite book but I think this one is now.  I'm ready to read it again but I have to start from the beginning of the series first so I can see the growth.

• LovinGBseries, AddictiveReader, Lauralass and 3 others like this

#30 bookworm31701

bookworm31701

Applicant/Testing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 08:28 AM

I loved how we saw more of Sang's backbone and wit in this book. I also loved how C.L. chose to make the book split POV because it provided much needed insight on the boys.
When Sean said "Why isn't Sean Green good enough?" I honestly wanted to cry. All of his scenes with Sang were so perfect, but I also loved how we got to see more of his relationship with Owen and their whole dynamic.
Whenever Carol showed up, I was just cursing the whole time. I hate her so much. Almost as much as Mr and Mrs. Sorensen, which I didn't think was possible. However, I can't help be feel bad for Jimmy. Obviously he was in the wrong snooping through Sang's things, but he was nice to her the whole time even as his life was turned upside down. The scene with the broken plate seriously made me wonder if Carol ever pulled anything like Mrs. Sorensen did with Sang considering he took the blame for Sang and how unsettled he was afterward. It did seem like he might have a bit of a crush on Sang, but I think he is probably a decent person in a bad situation.
I cannot wait to read more of the letters and delve deeper into the mind of Mr. Blackbourne in the next book.
  • prepgirls, LovinGBseries, Lauralass and 1 other like this