13 replies to this topic

#1 Dbaz74@yahoo.com

Dbaz74@yahoo.com

In Training

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 24 June 2017 - 06:05 PM

I've reread black and green a few times now. I'm hoping cheat sheets/teasers/meeting sang books or anything else is released soon. I feel like it's time to do another complete read through of the series. Anyone else doing this? Some books I just skim until I reach my favorite parts lol :D
  • StyledByGabe, ladybug4, LovinGBseries and 2 others like this

#2 Lauralass

Lauralass

In Training

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 24 June 2017 - 06:19 PM

Yes I've started re-reading the series, can't do it so well before hand as I'm too impatient!! So i tend to do a read through after reading the latest book a few times!! Lol

Yes I have my favourites and do tend to skim read to my favourite parts...and always find new ones as certain parts capture my attention based on what we now know.
  • StyledByGabe and Dbaz74@yahoo.com like this

#3 Dbaz74@yahoo.com

Dbaz74@yahoo.com

In Training

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 24 June 2017 - 06:36 PM

Yes I've started re-reading the series, can't do it so well before hand as I'm too impatient!! So i tend to do a read through after reading the latest book a few times!! Lol

Yes I have my favourites and do tend to skim read to my favourite parts...and always find new ones as certain parts capture my attention based on what we now know.

I'm the same with re-reading the series! Must finish latest one first. ..a few times anyway.

I've noticed I become more focused on the subtle nuances between sang and the other guys as I move through the series since I now know more about their relationships. Especially how Mr blackbourne and sang interact. With sangs innocence and naivete in friendships or relationships it helps having a different perspective.
  • StyledByGabe likes this

#4 Lauralass

Lauralass

In Training

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 24 June 2017 - 07:38 PM

Haha love it!!!

Yes, as we go through the series and get to know them better, i notice things that i wouldn't before...or at least notice them on another level. Yes it is great having different perspectives of what is going on and how things are developing.
  • StyledByGabe, LovinGBseries and Dbaz74@yahoo.com like this

#5 prepgirls

prepgirls

In Training

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 24 June 2017 - 09:35 PM

Go to sleep until the next book comes out?😂
  • StyledByGabe, LovinGBseries, gottalovenorth and 3 others like this

#6 Dbaz74@yahoo.com

Dbaz74@yahoo.com

In Training

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 24 June 2017 - 09:55 PM

Go to sleep until the next book comes out?😂

:D if only!
  • prepgirls likes this

#7 north.chicago.street

north.chicago.street

Closed Adoptant

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 05:29 PM

Well, as I'm going through withdrawals....I am getting myself more involved with these forums, to keep the edge off. So much to read through here. I love all the different thoughts and perspectives other people have. I am also re-reading the GB series for the umpteenth time! Not sure if this will be enough to keep me sane until LCR is released. I just hope it won't take another year!
  • StyledByGabe, LovinGBseries, Lauralass and 1 other like this

#8 ladybug4

ladybug4

Closed Adoptant

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 06:19 PM

Hmm, I must admit-I'm a skimmer too. But I have valid excuses :) Volto related things make me nervous along with McCoy. My muscles tighten up and I start reading fast just to see what is going to happen next. Of course, I've read it before so now I'm mainly interested in Sang and the guys. So I skim...

I am sooo ready for Owen to have his time like the others but I'm thinking CL is going to make us wait for him some more. Someone tell me about the title, Black and Green. Obviously, we have Sean in the story but not Owen as much. Was it because we see more of their relationship and how it works?
  • StyledByGabe, LovinGBseries, Lauralass and 1 other like this

#9 Lauralass

Lauralass

In Training

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 06:52 PM

Hmm, I must admit-I'm a skimmer too. But I have valid excuses :) Volto related things make me nervous along with McCoy. My muscles tighten up and I start reading fast just to see what is going to happen next.

That's what i do too!! Whenever i get nervous or something like that happens i read super fast, skipping over bits so that i can find out if it ends well, and they all get out of it ok!! Then on my rereads i read it more calmly and notice things i missed the first time!
  • StyledByGabe, ladybug4 and Dbaz74@yahoo.com like this

#10 Dbaz74@yahoo.com

Dbaz74@yahoo.com

In Training

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 09:23 PM

I thought I was the only one who got scared, stressed, and nervous during certain parts in the books! It's like watching a scary movie where you peek through your fingers :) my stomach was in knots with dread when I started B&G. I had to skim some during the first read so I could relax knowing everyone was ok.
  • StyledByGabe, ladybug4 and Lauralass like this

#11 Jme 1983

Jme 1983

In Training

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 10:08 PM

I read or re-read fanfiction....there are some amazing ones out there in Wattpad....I read other book series ( rarely go find anything as capturing, but it's sort of like dating until the one comes around)...I read posts on this site....I suffer withdrawls....I re-read my favorite Academy scenes...
  • StyledByGabe, Lauralass and Dbaz74@yahoo.com like this

#12 delete_account

delete_account

In Training

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 03:44 AM

I'm the same way, I reread the series and i read/reread fanfiction as well, or I try to find a new book/series to get interested in to keep my mind off the thousands of questions and theories floating through my head

• StyledByGabe and Dbaz74@yahoo.com like this

the cutie in my display picture is bang yongguk, leader, composer, and rapper of b.a.p <3

#13 Savyss

Savyss

Closed Adoptant

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 10:24 AM

I'm the same way, I reread the series and i read/reread fanfiction as well, or I try to find a new book/series to get interested in to keep my mind off the thousands of questions and theories floating through my head

Ditto. I write/read so much fan fiction it's pretty pathetic. But there are so many great ones on Wattpad and they really help to tide things over until the next release. I've also become kinda addicted to the the academy fan fiction Facebook page. If you guys haven't joined, I strongly recommend that you do so soon ;)
  • StyledByGabe likes this

#14 Hammer

Hammer

Closed Adoptant

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 15 August 2017 - 09:03 PM

B&G showed me that I have a strong preference for the later Sang- I like her self-confident, exploring, being equal to the guys (or, occasionally, rescuing them!).

B&G was interesting. Carol was a good exploration into Mr S' character, or lack thereof, and I liked getting Sang out of the toxic pit that was her family home, but it seemed as though three quarters of the book was her being crushed and helpless. 

I'll wait for the next one, impatiently. The teaser shows Nathan's temper and jealousy; I look forward to seeing how the group reintegrates.

Hope the next book comes out faster! I'm impatient .-)

• LovinGBseries likes this