#1 Khaleesi

Khaleesi

In Training

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 400 posts
  • LocationMexico

Posted 26 June 2017 - 01:54 PM

Just speculating here, sorry. There's something I can't get out of my head.

B&G came out a year and 2 months after First Kiss. We don't have a tentative publishing date for LCR. Ghostbird series is supposed to be 20-25 or so books depending if people keep liking them.

So, seeing how unpredictable life is, do you think we're facing 8, 13 or even more years until we reach to end of the series? Assuming C.L. sticks to this publishing pace. I know she mentioned as the plot is growing and complicating, it takes her longer to get the final product.

I don't want it to end already. I love the series, but I feel like we waited an eternity for this last one and it kinda bums me to think that it's going to be like this from now on. 

B&G covered only 3 days in their timeline. There's plenty we still don't know about and the story is moving slowly. Going great, but slowly.

Essentially, none of us can do anything about this. We're going to be here to read the books when they come out because we love them. We can re-read the series again and again and other books in the meantime but...it's just...
:wacko:

• purplecherryblossom, Dani, prepgirls and 8 others like this

#2 LovinGBseries

LovinGBseries

Crazy between books

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 841 posts
  • LocationWashington State

Posted 26 June 2017 - 02:12 PM

This is why I end up in a straitjacket and a padded cell in between books. It's the addiction. It's the I am so caught up with team that I go a little crazy not knowing what they are doing. C.L. has written them so well that I feel like they are out there moving along, while I HAVE TO WAIT!!!!

Now see what you've done...
The nice people in the white coats are on their way. Noooooo. Just another few rereads. Pleeeeeeze. I'm calming down now. Honest.

P.S. I feel your pain.
  • purplecherryblossom, Khaleesi, prepgirls and 8 others like this

#3 Jme 1983

Jme 1983

In Training

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 10:01 PM

This is why I end up in a straitjacket and a padded cell in between books. It's the addiction. It's the I am so caught up with team that I go a little crazy not knowing what they are doing. C.L. has written them so well that I feel like they are out there moving along, while I HAVE TO WAIT!!!!
Now see what you've done...
The nice people in the white coats are on their way. Noooooo. Just another few rereads. Pleeeeeeze. I'm calming down now. Honest.
P.S. I feel your pain.

I start "seeing" the boys IRL...At Transformers movie were a Corey and Raven couple....
  • StyledByGabe, mrenee16 and Dbaz74@yahoo.com like this

#4 LovinGBseries

LovinGBseries

Crazy between books

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 10:16 PM

I knew I had crossed the crazy fan line last 4th of July when I wondered where they might go to watch fireworks. I actually looked up fireworks displays around Charleston. 😲
  • purplecherryblossom, StyledByGabe, mrenee16 and 1 other like this

#5 StyledByGabe

StyledByGabe

Three Amigos Supervisor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 825 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 29 June 2017 - 02:25 AM

A couple of thoughts:

The sneak peek chapter for LCR seems to be in a more finished state than B&G's was last year. So I'm thinking it may be further along in the writing process than B&G was last year. It makes me hope for something by the end of December or January.

The prices of the books are going up so that C.L. can write full time. I think the books have been selling well. Black and Green went as high as number 72 or 74 (when I went to check) on the Amazon bestseller kindle book chart, and it was still in the top 900 a week after release. If C.L. writes full time, the books should come out faster.

Cheer up buttercup! :)
  • Khaleesi, nikileyva, delete_account and 4 others like this

#6 LovinGBseries

LovinGBseries

Crazy between books

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 04:07 AM

A couple of thoughts:

The sneak peek chapter for LCR seems to be in a more finished state than B&G's was last year. So I'm thinking it may be further along in the writing process than B&G was last year. It makes me hope for something by the end of December or January.

The prices of the books are going up so that C.L. can write full time. I think the books have been selling well. Black and Green went as high as number 72 or 74 (when I went to check) on the Amazon bestseller kindle book chart, and it was still in the top 900 a week after release. If C.L. writes full time, the books should come out faster.

Cheer up buttercup! :)

Fingers crossed. You Can do that in a straitjacket!

And it's Queen Buttercup!
  • StyledByGabe and Dbaz74@yahoo.com like this

#7 MrsBlackbourne

MrsBlackbourne

Applicant/Testing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 05:00 AM

Khaleesi, I've totally had that same thought! I don't know if I can handle 10 more years of anticipation.

I'm happy to hear that her books are doing so well she may be able to focus full time on them!

I also comiserate with the pacing of this last book. I understood when she first met the boys that we sort of needed the hour-by-hour pace. Her development was much more believable that way. But I really really really really hope we get a faster pace from now on because it sort of drives me crazy that we still have to hear about when Sang gets up in the morning, and when she goes to the bathroom, and when she changes, and when she eats (or doesn't eat?). I get that CL has a greater plot in mind and some of these details may be necessary...but can Sang's stomach just growl at her occasionally and remind her to eat so we can get along with the bigger plot lines?

I'm a serious fan though. I promise.
  • Dani, Khaleesi, StyledByGabe and 2 others like this

#8 LovinGBseries

LovinGBseries

Crazy between books

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 06:09 AM

Without all the inbetween stuff it really would be just quick switches between each scene with one of the guys. I don't think I can stand too many more fews days worth books but maybe the 20 books will conclude with the resolution of Ashley Waters issues and most of everything else. Maybe that is why none of the books cover several months. A lot is happening in their lives together, especially noe. As much as I'd like more forward movement, I don't want to miss a thing either.
  • Khaleesi, StyledByGabe, nikileyva and 3 others like this

#9 delete_account

delete_account

In Training

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 04:03 AM

A few thoughts from me: 

First, I remember reading that part of the reason that B&G took so long to come out was because of new things, i.e. a new editor and new proofreaders that added extra step(s) to the process, trying to work out details and get things running smoothly. So, hopefully, a lot of that figuring things out part will be a lot easier this time around, given that they've already done it once, and thus it'll be released a bit quicker. 

Second, while each of the books only really cover a few days, there are sometimes jumps in between books. The last couple have been very close together on the timeline because they pick up right where the other left off, but there have been some time skips between books, as they take each major challenge faced in each book and move on from it. The major overarching plots right now are Academy, Volto, the school, their relationships and Sang's family (this plot is mostly finished now though i believe) none of which can be accomplished in one book. So, basically each book has somewhat of a focus on one of those particular issues:

Intro. on family, FD on school, FvF on family, F&P is a bit of school mixed with their relationships, DoD on Volto, P&S on school, HoK on their relationships, tOSoE on her family mixed in with school stuff, tHPoS on Volto, FK on the Academy, and finally B&G on her family

And obviously there is SOME overlap where they bring in some stuff from the other major plots, but for the most part each book kind of focuses on one specific issue about each of the major plots. Eventually, they will all combine together to an overall solution

for example: Intro leading to original plans to help Sang with her family ---> FvF getting her mom out and her dad leaving ---> tOSoE reveals more information about her family ---> B&G addresses her father, his family, and her step mother

Even though each event/issue occurs over a few days, and thus the books are usually focuses on a time span of a few days, the events themselves aren't always back to back. Even though each book only covers MAYBE  week each, we're already in January! For example there was a bit of a time skip between First Days and Friends v. Family.

So I think that there's still quite a bit more time coming, probably a couple years worth, and I also think that the books *hopefully* won't take over a year between releases anymore, but we'll have to see about that. I'm also hoping that CL is able to take on writing full time, and the news about her charting makes me so happy! 

Finally, I think the pace of the books really helps with character development and relationship building. One major complaint I have about a lot of books/series,as well as movies, is that they move way too fast, and they show that character development and relationship building HAPPEN, but they don't always show HOW, and that's exactly what CL is doing, is showing us HOW they're progressing, especially with a plan like this and with everything going on in their lives. I think that, once things calm down a bit, the pace may pick up a bit, and things will go by a bit quicker, but again, we'll have to wait and see about that.

• StyledByGabe, LovinGBseries, Lauralass and 3 others like this

the cutie in my display picture is bang yongguk, leader, composer, and rapper of b.a.p <3

#10 StyledByGabe

StyledByGabe

Three Amigos Supervisor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 825 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 11 July 2017 - 05:57 AM

Excellent analysis, briana_elisaa! I really enjoyed reading your take on the series, past, present and future.
  • delete_account, LovinGBseries, Lauralass and 1 other like this

#11 delete_account

delete_account

In Training

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 07:31 PM

Excellent analysis, briana_elisaa! I really enjoyed reading your take on the series, past, present and future.

ahh thank you so much :') obviously i can't tell the future, those are just my theories but still 

• Dbaz74@yahoo.com likes this

the cutie in my display picture is bang yongguk, leader, composer, and rapper of b.a.p <3