Photo

Do you think Sang will make it to 18 with her ghost status ?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 gotmamadrama

gotmamadrama

Applicant/Testing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia , Pa

Posted 25 July 2017 - 06:29 PM

I wonder with Mrs Sorenson being out and Volto somewhere in the background scheming is it possible Sang's ghost bird status could be in jeopardy?

1. Mrs Sorenson out the hospital,seemingly lucid and just as bitter and vicious as ever. She knows she's dying. She's divorcing Mr Sorenson and has nothing to lose. Plus if the authorities become involved she can destroy Mr Sorenson life having him locked away and unable to move on with another woman even after she's gone. Then there's the added bonus that Sang would go into the system. In her mind she would get the final laugh and final say before her all expenses paid trip to hell where she'll become the devils favorite torturer.

2.Then we have Volto in his zeal to get Sang away from the boys so he can take the academy down. Could he learn about her status and make it known as a way to take her from the boys. I mean in his mind he's saving her from being collateral damage.

3.I'll just throw this out there too. What if in his desperation to keep his house of cards from falling Mr Sorenson does something that brings him to the attention of the authorities and greater scrutiny of him and his family?

4.Last but not least the academy itself. Yes I know her status is valuable but what if they tried to break Sang away from the Blackbourne team. What if they don't want another Anderson like situation or they have plans on how to best use her and it clashes with what her and the guys want. As their love for each other grows I don't see them being able to hide it. Some of the older academy members might think everyone involved is too young and steps need to be taken for their own good. I don't see a more confident and mature Sang or any of the guys especially Mr Blackbourne taking that.

Plus there's a part of me that wants her to lose her status. I want her to be free to choose what she wants in life. I mean without the boys and the academy she would be in trouble and she's to good a person not to mention smart and resilient. I don't want her to need the academy for her survival.
  • StyledByGabe, LovinGBseries and Lauralass like this

#2 LovinGBseries

LovinGBseries

Crazy between books

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 841 posts
  • LocationWashington State

Posted 25 July 2017 - 10:19 PM

All good and interesting points. Gave me some things to think about but I suspect that Sang's status will remain unchanged in the "Ghost Bird" series. C.L. has said there could be books after the 20 book arc if there was interest. Granted, with or without the ghost bird status, the team could always be an interesting read. Future assignments and the reverse harem would always be interesting. The danger of losing her ghost bird status and the whole question of her mother and that history does make for added tension and interest now.

But a series called
Used to be a Ghost Bird
just doesn't have the same ring to it.
  • StyledByGabe and gotmamadrama like this

#3 gotmamadrama

gotmamadrama

Applicant/Testing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia , Pa

Posted 26 July 2017 - 12:22 AM

I love the guys and Sang with the guys. While rereading the series I couldn't help but start thinking not only of future problems caused by enemies but also all of the problems big and small that might come her way because she technically doesn't exist. What happens if children come along will they be unregistered too? What was life like for the last ghost that joined the academy?
  • StyledByGabe, LovinGBseries and Lauralass like this

#4 Lauralass

Lauralass

In Training

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 01:41 PM

It will be interesting, now she is getting more freedom, and also getting older, to see how her ghost bird status affects her life. Yes there are potential threats to it from Volto and her father/step-mom etc. But its the little things like driving and getting a job or going to college or other ordinary things that most people take for granted but could be affected by her status. At the minute she is effectively fully dependent on the academy for everything...in large part due to her status as a ghost bird...so yes will be very interesting to see how it plays out
  • LovinGBseries and gotmamadrama like this

#5 academylover

academylover

Closed Adoptant

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 26 July 2017 - 03:33 PM

She's most likely to keep her ghost bird status and the academy will probably do their best to make sure that it stays like and don't forget she has Mr Blackbourne who do anything to make her happy and 8 other guys too. I don't think the academy would ever try to keep them apart after all family is a choice and they don't want the guys to think they went from one abusive and restrictive family to another. Sang wouldn't want to loose her ghost bird status to because she wants to feel wanted and if that means keeping her status then so be it. Volto on the other hand is a whole new matter he's like a bad cop/ good cop but I think he really likes and wouldn't want to do anything to harm but he probably will cause lets face he's not exactly a fan of the academy and you never know Mrs Sorenson might actually surprise us. Weirder things have happened. 

• LovinGBseries, Lauralass, Nariah and 1 other like this

#6 LovinGBseries

LovinGBseries

Crazy between books

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 09:45 PM

Just because she's a ghost doesn't mean she can't have an identity. It just won't be her. The academy can come up with any papers she needs for an assignment or for her personal life. They don't want any traceable history to that identity after it has served it's purpose. So true taxes and other governmental documents are a no no. But they can forge things as needed and erase or prevent storage later, although as they noted some are harder and more costly to erase.

Babies...well that is getting ahead of things but should that day come the Academy hospital would take care of everything. I can see the Academy licking it's chops at having a crop of babies that are ghosts, but if that really were true they could ask any Academy member to have their babies at the Academy hospital.

I hope as Sang progresses she comes to know her own worth. The guys love her not because of anything more than who she is as a person. Sure her looks, intelligence and abilities amaze them but they want to be with "her". She should be learning that she has desirable skills and abilities that make her someone the Academy wants. She does want to be with the team in the Academy but she wants the team more than the Academy. She's not stuck with the Academy but some of her need for belonging and being wanted does figure in there so she would want to maintain her status but eventually that will only be if it ultimately suits her long term goals and desires.

Is there a living ghost bird or dog that Sang will meet? It is a good question about how being a ghost does effect her life long term. Her relationship with the guys means a more isolated life similar to Lily. On the other hand it seems being with the Academy makes your social life revolve around it and your team anyway. Know people but don't let them know too much about you and what you do. I like the idea of Sang becoming friends with other women and girls in the academy so she can get some true girl night's and time. She may never be totally comfortable with them but she deserves some positive female role models and friends.
  • Lauralass, Nariah and gotmamadrama like this

#7 academylover

academylover

Closed Adoptant

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 27 July 2017 - 01:11 PM

Being a ghost bird and if she does keep it a long time will it mean that she won't be able to marry any of the guys? I hope not because it sounds really romantic she getting married to each of them and them having an individual wedding for each guy. I wonder what idea the guys will come up with. I mean sure she can get married to them but will she be theirs legally? I won't mind belonging to North legally  :wub: .

#8 LovinGBseries

LovinGBseries

Crazy between books

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 04:56 PM

Being a ghost bird and if she does keep it a long time will it mean that she won't be able to marry any of the guys? I hope not because it sounds really romantic she getting married to each of them and them having an individual wedding for each guy. I wonder what idea the guys will come up with. I mean sure she can get married to them but will she be theirs legally? I won't mind belonging to North legally :wub: .

Lily and her team don't seem to mind their lack of paperwork. They are together and happy and committed to each other.

Sang could never pick just one to be legally tied to. She loves them all too much. She has no need for a legal system to recognize their ties. She has the Academy to back up their team. Once the Academy accepts it, they would be watching and supporting them.

Their wedding would have the guys dressed in their color ties, like the homecoming dance, except Sang will be in white (with pink accents of course). Gabriel would plan the arrangements of course. They could have a separate repeat as needed for the guys families. Then she could wear their joint wedding ring around the families without concern. Victor would simply announce her to his family because no big public wedding for them. Erica, Pam, Charlie, Sean's mom...they would like to see their guys married. Won't know about Mr B's family until we meet them.

And yes, I left Uncle out. In my book he must be Academy, although we haven't heard it officially I think. If so, he could attend the joint wedding. However we still don't know his issues with Sang being with both North and Luke. It would kill Sang to only have Uncle accept her union with one of the guys. In that case, I think North and Luke would say the heck with him.
  • prepgirls, Lauralass, Nariah and 1 other like this