#1 Leesharose

Leesharose

Applicant/Testing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 28 July 2017 - 09:40 PM

So who got the email about the new audiobooks?
Who already knew about the new books out and didn't tell us?!
And what do people think about all of the ones out getting redone?

Personally i really like Holly's voice and I'm really sad that they won't be making any more.
  • purplecherryblossom and StyledByGabe like this

#2 StyledByGabe

StyledByGabe

Three Amigos Supervisor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 827 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 29 July 2017 - 02:46 AM

I got the Introductions one as soon as it came out, but I haven't listened to it for a while, so I can't remember the voices. I remember disappointment in Gabriel's voice, at least. And I think the guys with baritone voices weren't so deep. So I'm looking forward to the do over. I hope the new voices fit the book descriptions better.

Having said that, I'm not even sure I'll be getting the audio versions. I don't know if I'd have the opportunity to listen to it. But I'm looking forward to hearing a sample of the new version.
  • purplecherryblossom and Leesharose like this

#3 purplecherryblossom

purplecherryblossom

The Anti-Hugger

• Administrators
  • 517 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 29 July 2017 - 04:01 AM

I have listened to samples and I think the narrators for both series sound pretty good!

• StyledByGabe and Leesharose like this

#4 StyledByGabe

StyledByGabe

Three Amigos Supervisor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 827 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 30 July 2017 - 02:12 AM

I have listened to samples and I think the narrators for both series sound pretty good!

I went to the link provided by C.L., and I saw no place to listen to a sample. Do you have special powers, or am I blind? I'd love to listen to a sample!
  • Two-Bit likes this

#5 purplecherryblossom

purplecherryblossom

The Anti-Hugger

• Administrators
  • 517 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 30 July 2017 - 07:56 PM

I went to the link provided by C.L., and I saw no place to listen to a sample. Do you have special powers, or am I blind? I'd love to listen to a sample!

Let's go with special powers! I like that!! Hahaha!! No, but really, I didn't use the links. I just looked them up on audible.
  • StyledByGabe and gotmamadrama like this

#6 gotmamadrama

gotmamadrama

Applicant/Testing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia , Pa

Posted 03 August 2017 - 05:45 AM

I'm an Amazon Prime and an Audible member. I looked the Audible versions up on Amazon and ended up picking up the first four books up for about $10.00 each with the audible discount. Introductions,Family vs Friends and Forgiveness and Permission were pre-order only but they will be delivered to my account on release day August 22nd.
  • StyledByGabe likes this

#7 purplecherryblossom

purplecherryblossom

The Anti-Hugger

• Administrators
  • 517 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 03 August 2017 - 01:03 PM

Hey everyone! the new GB audiobooks are on sale for $1.99 each!!  If you want them then now would be a good time to get them  :)

• StyledByGabe, AddictiveReader, gotmamadrama and 1 other like this

#8 MSWB

MSWB

Closed Adoptant

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 07:15 PM

I need to publicly mourn, for just a moment, the narrator change.  I thought Holly Brewer & Chris Ensweiler were great (it's no easy feat to portray 10+ main characters distinctly), and yet, I tried to remain optimistic while I anticipated the new books by the new narrator.

Alas... I bought Friends vs. Family a few hours ago and I'm struggling.  I can't even stomach her portrayal of Sang (and don't get me started on the boys).  Her version of Sang sounds like a 20-something flighty woman in Victorian dress, laying the back of her hand across her forehead as she swoons.  She'd be a great narrator for a Hardy or Austen novel.  And none of her accents could pass as southern.  And it's BlackBOURNE, not BlackBURN.  And... (OK, I'll quit complaining, y'all get the picture.)

...Is it just me?? Is anyone else mourning with me?    *sob*   Maybe it'll grow on me?   *sob*

• Leesharose and north.chicago.street like this

#9 Leesharose

Leesharose

Applicant/Testing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 23 August 2017 - 12:23 PM

I need to publicly mourn, for just a moment, the narrator change. I thought Holly Brewer & Chris Ensweiler were great (it's no easy feat to portray 10+ main characters distinctly), and yet, I tried to remain optimistic while I anticipated the new books by the new narrator.
Alas... I bought Friends vs. Family a few hours ago and I'm struggling. I can't even stomach her portrayal of Sang (and don't get me started on the boys). Her version of Sang sounds like a 20-something flighty woman in Victorian dress, laying the back of her hand across her forehead as she swoons. She'd be a great narrator for a Hardy or Austen novel. And none of her accents could pass as southern. And it's BlackBOURNE, not BlackBURN. And... (OK, I'll quit complaining, y'all get the picture.)
...Is it just me?? Is anyone else mourning with me? *sob* Maybe it'll grow on me? *sob*

I totally agree, I'm having a hard time too. I had to stop it and move on to the scarab beetle series. Oh well, it looks like i will just have to get used to her.
  • north.chicago.street likes this

#10 north.chicago.street

north.chicago.street

Closed Adoptant

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 06:32 PM

I agree...😓 Totally disappointed with her. She doesn't sound like Sang at all. Too old and the accent isn't right for any of the guys. But I think we will have to get used to it. I'm so sad.
  • Leesharose likes this