#1 gotmamadrama

gotmamadrama

In Training

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia , Pa

Posted 31 August 2017 - 02:44 AM

Does anyone else think Mrs Sorenson and Jade are eerily similar to each other?

1.They are both seriously unstable.

2.Want complete control of their environments and the people that share it.

3.They both seem to have unlimited reservoirs of rage and contempt.

4. They both in their own way use sex as a weapon. Mrs Sorenson uses the threat of rape by faceless men and always emphasizes it would be Sang's fault because of her imaginary whores blood. Jade uses her sexuality a a tool but at the same time accuses Sang of spreading her legs for North and Silas.I also think at least in Jade's case there is a sexual component to trying to dominate Sang like the shower scene.

5.The obsession they both have for Sang is pathological.The very sight of her makes them seethe.

6.They both seem to be sadists that enjoy the pain and humiliation of their victims.

7.Neither one of them ever wants to accept accountability for their actions.North can't stand Jade but in her mind it's not her fault if there was no Sang North would want her.Mr Sorenson is a coward and adulterer that probably groomed a vulnerable teenage girl but again it's all Sang's fault. If Sang didn't exist her husband would come home every night.If Sang didn't look like her mother she wouldn't enjoy punishing her.
  • purplecherryblossom and StyledByGabe like this

#2 StyledByGabe

StyledByGabe

Three Amigos Supervisor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 849 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 04 September 2017 - 05:20 AM

Excellent analysis, gotmamadrama! No wonder Sang has issues with the female sex. Let's hope Lily can help fix her. I hate to see her cringe from Erica's hugs.
  • gotmamadrama likes this

#3 gotmamadrama

gotmamadrama

In Training

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 04 September 2017 - 06:32 PM

Excellent analysis, gotmamadrama! No wonder Sang has issues with the female sex. Let's hope Lily can help fix her. I hate to see her cringe from Erica's hugs.

Thank you. I was rereading the series and got to the scene where Jade drugged Sang. I usually skip that part because that scene and the shower scene in friends vs family seriously upset me. For some reason I decided not to skip this time. When I was through I had to take a minute and the similarities between Jade and Mrs Sorenson popped into my head.
  • StyledByGabe likes this

#4 StyledByGabe

StyledByGabe

Three Amigos Supervisor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 849 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 08 September 2017 - 12:26 AM

Thank you. I was rereading the series and got to the scene where Jade drugged Sang. I usually skip that part because that scene and the shower scene in friends vs family seriously upset me. For some reason I decided not to skip this time. When I was through I had to take a minute and the similarities between Jade and Mrs Sorenson popped into my head.

I always skip those scenes, too. Even when I go into it intending to read the whole thing, as soon as I start, my stomach turns, I feel so bad for Sang, and I end up skipping to the rescue part. I think I'll just accept that I don't want to read those scenes again.
  • gotmamadrama likes this

#5 gotmamadrama

gotmamadrama

In Training

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 07:36 PM

I always skip those scenes, too. Even when I go into it intending to read the whole thing, as soon as I start, my stomach turns, I feel so bad for Sang, and I end up skipping to the rescue part. I think I'll just accept that I don't want to read those scenes again.

I know what you mean.For me it's a combination of knowing how good and innocent Sang is and what she's already suffered.Plus it's sometimes hits me that there really are Jades and Stepmonsters in the real world who have done things like this and worse.😟
  • StyledByGabe likes this