#2 Dani

Dani

In Training

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 345 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 06 October 2017 - 09:18 PM

Yes!!! He is one of the guys I understand least. I hope to gain some insight.
  • purplecherryblossom, emam25 and StyledByGabe like this

#3 emam25

emam25

In Training

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 07 October 2017 - 01:31 AM

Aww, yes!!!! I loved this. I was grinning like an idiot. Silas has always been one of the guys I favor least, and now I just love him! I'm so happy to get the boys perspectives, especially from the ones that I don't think I understand as well. And poor Kota, he really did love her from the start. If only Sang knew.....

Also, what's with these mysterious letters?

• purplecherryblossom, StyledByGabe, AddictiveReader and 1 other like this

#4 Dani

Dani

In Training

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 345 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 07 October 2017 - 05:02 AM

I loved it. I want to reread Introductions now. Not that I need an excuse.
  • purplecherryblossom and StyledByGabe like this

#5 StyledByGabe

StyledByGabe

Three Amigos Supervisor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 846 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 10 October 2017 - 04:36 AM

I'm not willing to download an app to read the story, so I guess I'll have to wait until it's available on Amazon.

I really disliked Silas after his introduction, so it'll be interesting to see if I can get through the chapter without being annoyed at him.
  • purplecherryblossom likes this

#6 purplecherryblossom

purplecherryblossom

The Anti-Hugger

• Administrators
  • 525 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 10 October 2017 - 02:21 PM

I'm not willing to download an app to read the story, so I guess I'll have to wait until it's available on Amazon.

I really disliked Silas after his introduction, so it'll be interesting to see if I can get through the chapter without being annoyed at him.

Why didn't you like his intro?

#7 StyledByGabe

StyledByGabe

Three Amigos Supervisor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 846 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 11 October 2017 - 01:25 AM

Why didn't you like his intro?

1. Silas leaves Sang alone at the table so he can throw out the trash. Really, Silas? You couldn't dump the garbage on the way out of the food court? Leaving Sang alone enabled Greg to harass her, and almost sexually assault her.

2. In the car, leaving the mall, when Sang flinches when he touches her side, he kind of holds her down and pulls her shirt up and her waistband down, to expose her bruise. I felt he was manhandling her, even if he thought he had good intentions.

3. I believe it is mentioned that Sang's mother is strict (I'm sure I'll be rereading Introductions again soon, I'll confirm), yet Silas phones her at home, resulting in Sang being forced to drink that vinegar concoction and ruining her voice.

4. The next time they're alone together, when they're next to his car, he kind of insults her, though later she apologizes for being mean.

So yeah, I was mad at Silas for the next several books. Even if Sang didn't hold anything against him, I was not willing to forgive him. And my Silas resentment gets stirred up whenever I reread Introductions, which I do a few times a year. That's why I can stand to wait a few weeks to read Silas's point of view of their meeting. Maybe part of it is that I want to hold on to my annoyance at his behavior, and I'm sure C.L. will spin his version in a more positive light.

#8 purplecherryblossom

purplecherryblossom

The Anti-Hugger

• Administrators
  • 525 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 11 October 2017 - 05:05 AM

1. Silas leaves Sang alone at the table so he can throw out the trash. Really, Silas? You couldn't dump the garbage on the way out of the food court? Leaving Sang alone enabled Greg to harass her, and almost sexually assault her.

2. In the car, leaving the mall, when Sang flinches when he touches her side, he kind of holds her down and pulls her shirt up and her waistband down, to expose her bruise. I felt he was manhandling her, even if he thought he had good intentions.

3. I believe it is mentioned that Sang's mother is strict (I'm sure I'll be rereading Introductions again soon, I'll confirm), yet Silas phones her at home, resulting in Sang being forced to drink that vinegar concoction and ruining her voice.

4. The next time they're alone together, when they're next to his car, he kind of insults her, though later she apologizes for being mean.

So yeah, I was mad at Silas for the next several books. Even if Sang didn't hold anything against him, I was not willing to forgive him. And my Silas resentment gets stirred up whenever I reread Introductions, which I do a few times a year. That's why I can stand to wait a few weeks to read Silas's point of view of their meeting. Maybe part of it is that I want to hold on to my annoyance at his behavior, and I'm sure C.L. will spin his version in a more positive light.

Wow.

• StyledByGabe likes this

#9 Two-Bit

Two-Bit

Applicant/Testing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco bay area, CA

Posted 17 October 2017 - 10:57 PM

I really really hope CL is thinking about combining all the Meeting Sang novellas into one book. I would totally buy it, especially if it's signed  ;)

• purplecherryblossom and StyledByGabe like this

#10 emross1931

emross1931

In Training

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 22 October 2017 - 02:46 PM

I figured that I would start a new topic for this, but since I have no idea how to do this I'll put it here. For those of you who don't check C.L.'s Facebook on a daily basis (like me), she posted a message about a weekly newsletter she would put out that  would contain chapters and excerpts from the books she is currently working on. I'll leave a link below to the part of the website where you can sign-up for it on.

As I Write   or https://clstonebooks...der/as-i-write/

• Dani, StyledByGabe and Two-Bit like this