34 replies to this topic

#21 purplecherryblossom

purplecherryblossom

The Anti-Hugger

• Administrators
  • 526 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 03 March 2018 - 01:54 PM

CL has said Volto is someone we have met before. It could be anyone Sang saw or talked to, that kind of widens the range. But something to also take into consideration is that Volto likes Sang, whoever it is has a thing for her.

#22 klk13

klk13

Closed Adoptant

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationWales

Posted 04 March 2018 - 02:26 PM

I am both confused and excited by this conversation.

We've kinda met Sean's mom by now though right? I'm in the middle of rereading the series, been awhile, so I'm on PaS right now.

I thought maybe it was a particular person from the Scarab Beetle series, but now I'm not so sure. I can't see it being Wil, too shy and sweet for that.

Max not barking is really bugging me though. I'm just afraid of it being a character we all know REALLY well.

Also, Sean's mom seemed really invested in his career, I don't think she would jeopardise that. My guess is a guy, I just can't figure out who!

#23 soniyaj

soniyaj

Closed Adoptant

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 March 2018 - 06:40 PM

I had a thought that maybe it was the neighbor who was starting to be recruited by Kota and the guys but opted out...I can't remember his name as I read the books so long ago! >.<

• gotmamadrama likes this

#24 emross1931

emross1931

In Training

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 05 March 2018 - 07:00 PM

I had a thought that maybe it was the neighbor who was starting to be recruited by Kota and the guys but opted out...I can't remember his name as I read the books so long ago! >.<

That’s Derrick. And that doesn’t make sense considering Volto is supposed to like Sang and Derrick seems to really be into Marie.

#25 soniyaj

soniyaj

Closed Adoptant

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 March 2018 - 07:04 PM

That’s Derrick. And that doesn’t make sense considering Volto is supposed to like Sang and Derrick seems to really be into Marie.

Maybe...but it could be an act to stay close to Sang or get information, since he is technically out of the loop.  

Hi! I was rereading THPoS and it clicked. I know who Volto is. I kinda don't want to say. Because I am 100% sure. I am just going to tell you what convinced me. Let me know if you get it. Smell, Doctor Green, size, tigers, flu virus and academy knowledge.Think about it. It fits.

Kat83 tell us who you think it is!  :P

#26 Laura G

Laura G

Closed Adoptant

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 March 2018 - 09:16 PM

I'm still going with Will Winchester. He has a crush on Sang because she "speaks shy" and she noticed him. She waved to him at the football game. He knows how to break into lockers. He's hanging around in the office when she gets called in to talk to Hendricks. He's a computer whiz (according to the Scarab Beetle series). He was at the phone store near the spa. There's just a couple things which don't add up: the Jasmine scent, Max not barking.
  • Nariah and gotmamadrama like this

#27 TJT1997

TJT1997

Closed Adoptant

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 March 2018 - 09:30 AM

I'm just gonna say it. I mean if anyone has read the cheat sheets than we know how it ends with them anyway but we still read the books because we love the story and characters. so...If your talking about Sean's mom because she's a tiger mom and she could smell like jasmine than maybe but I don't see it. besides I think C.L. said we haven't met this person yet before. Maybe? lol

I can't see it being Sean's mom, she is supposed to be small which would make it difficult to climb up and put the masks in the upper Windows. Also she is a professional and would have to fly in at just the right time to find them all at the different places the masks show up.

#28 Leesharose

Leesharose

Applicant/Testing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 02 April 2018 - 05:24 AM

I can't see it being Sean's mom, she is supposed to be small which would make it difficult to climb up and put the masks in the upper Windows. Also she is a professional and would have to fly in at just the right time to find them all at the different places the masks show up.

She was kinda my guess to, but I can't see any explanation for Max not barking.

#29 ddaflunky

ddaflunky

Applicant/Testing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 09 April 2018 - 07:31 PM

Are we sure volto is one person?  Could there be a group, like Karen, Wil and Derrick?  All three like Sang,  I am not sure what the group would be formed for, but Karen and Derrick have acted suspicious during some of the school incidents.  There needs to be someone who is VERY familar with the Academy hospital as well, so that part has me stumped.

• Leesharose likes this

#30 K29

K29

Closed Adoptant

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 April 2018 - 07:18 AM

Okay but this may seem completely far stretched but it might be someone from the scarab beetle series?

#31 Killasmalls23

Killasmalls23

Closed Adoptant

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 01 June 2018 - 05:34 AM

What about Jay and his creepy drug-crazed buddy? Can't think of his name...

#32 gotmamadrama

gotmamadrama

In Training

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia , Pa

Posted 01 June 2018 - 06:44 PM

What about Jay and his creepy drug-crazed buddy? Can't think of his name...

His name is Rocky. I don't really see it being him but if it is him that would be shocking. We're talking about who Keyser Soze really was in Unusual Suspects levels of shocking. At least for me.

#33 taelynn

taelynn

Closed Adoptant

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 02 June 2018 - 03:12 PM

I just have something to add, a correction actually. Everyone keeps saying that Volto knows the basement of the Academy hospital from DoD. But they didn't take Gabriel to the Academy hospital. They took him to the closest one to the school.

Here is the thought in Sang's head when they were on their way: "The closest hospital was a small one in downtown Summerville, just off the interstate exit."

I'm pretty sure Greg wouldn't have gotten through the door at the Academy hospital. Of course, that's not to say Volto doesn't know it. He did tell Sang when he stole Mr Blackbourne's car that no one goes in or out of there without them knowing, but I don't think Greg would have been able to get away with what he did. And when the three amigos were leaving after Gabriel beat the crap out of Greg, it says Luke called hospital security and made it sound like a gang attack. Would he really do that if it were the Academy hospital? Then it said he also placed a call to the Academy so Greg wouldn't give their names.

I just wanted to correct that bit since I see it referred to so much.

• Laura G and gotmamadrama like this

#34 north.chicago.street

north.chicago.street

Closed Adoptant

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 31 July 2018 - 05:14 PM

We are okay with spoilers...who do you think it is?

Hi! I was rereading THPoS and it clicked. I know who Volto is. I kinda don't want to say. Because I am 100% sure. I am just going to tell you what convinced me. Let me know if you get it. Smell, Doctor Green, size, tigers, flu virus and academy knowledge.Think about it. It fits.

#35 soniyaj

soniyaj

Closed Adoptant

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 August 2018 - 05:33 PM

We are okay with spoilers...who do you think it is?

Totally ok with spoiler! Who is it?