#21 gotmamadrama

gotmamadrama

In Training

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia , Pa

Posted 29 May 2018 - 12:51 AM

Just finished LCR...this wasn’t what I was expecting. But I have to say, there is still a chance it’s not her. It could be the sister. Though unlikely.

I hope it's not her. It would be devastating for everyone. She is essentially the mother figure for all of the boys and if it's really her... Damn it! If Erica is involved in this Volto mess it's all kinds of messed up but I'm holding out hope it's all part of the real Voltos mind games. Falsely accusing Erica of all people would splinter the group and possibly cause a guilty Sang to leave the guys.

#22 Killasmalls23

Killasmalls23

Closed Adoptant

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 01 June 2018 - 04:52 AM

I dont think it can be her..... how would she know so much about the school? Even the layout of the library and the rooms at the back? And how would she know about any of the faculty, Mr. Hendricks, Mr. Morris, Mr. McCoy, etc.?

The only thing that kind of fits is that she is able to easily access germs for the earlier strep infections, she is nearby and driving from a wierd direction to pick up Nathan (like she would have just run her nearly-adopted-son off the road and then switched cars to pick him up? I guess she could have thought it was Victor in his own car?) and that Max doesnt bark at her...

Other than that, is she taller than Luke? Able to pick up Sang? Easily break Lukes nose? Willing to go to so much effort to keep Sang away from her son’s supposed rivals and best friends? Pickpocket? Trace and hack all the phones? And I think Sang would have recognized the Jasmine smell on Erica much sooner.

Since Volto is so good at using people, it might be plausable that Erica would help Volto if she didnt know the details, bt I doubt she would let Nathan be tased and Sang manhandled and kidnapped so much.
  • gotmamadrama likes this

#23 taelynn

taelynn

Closed Adoptant

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 02 June 2018 - 03:19 PM

I had a thought earlier. Victor's mom popped into my head suddenly. The jasmine scent, and her name is Jasmine. She would have access to all of Victor's techy stuff. I can't see her doing all of the active parts of it, but she could be the mastermind behind it. There is also the teaser for Unsung Requiem. Them getting Victor a new car for his birthday. Coincidence?

• gotmamadrama likes this

#24 nessasav

nessasav

Closed Adoptant

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 June 2018 - 07:46 AM

okay so i really hoped that cl wouldve touched on this, but i cant be the only one who caught on to the ~ mysterious~ guy who appeared after the lights shut off in the Hendricks fight scene?! Sang noted when he took her out of the house he was tall with short hair..
  • Laura G likes this

#25 north.chicago.street

north.chicago.street

Closed Adoptant

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 31 July 2018 - 04:52 PM

I completely agree with this comment. I haven't read all the Scarab books yet but Wil definitely is smart enough to hack and he knows how to stay off the radar. He is my number one Volto suspect.

I actually would draw the opposite conclusion... perhaps Wil hasn't spoken to his sister and is still in hiding from her BECAUSE she's with the Academy.  I think he loves Kayli.  He ran away to try to make her life easier and, even though he hasn't spoken to her directly, I like to think that he tries to keep tabs on her from afar (especially if we assume he has hacking skills).  If he's discovered information about the Academy that looks shady from the outside, or if someone has given him twisted information (e.g. Hendricks), he could be in the mindset of "these people kidnapped/brainwashed my sister; I must save Sang from the same fate."  

So, assuming Wil's not completely oblivious to what's going on with Kayli, I think that's a point in favor of him being Volto... or in league with Volto, at least.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: volto, mystery, theories, sang, academy