#1 gotmamadrama

gotmamadrama

In Training

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia , Pa

Posted 28 May 2018 - 09:56 PM

I can't stand Victors parents. I read the teaser for Unsung Requiem and they seem to have no redeeming qualities. The mother seems vain and cold. The father is a lecherous blowhard with delusions of grandeur. I wish he would get emancipated so he could finally be free of them. Every bit of prestige those two have is thanks to their son. They both are too selfish and pompous to see that once Victor is gone not only will they lose their son but all their little society friends will cut them off quick.

#2 vm-pb-sn

vm-pb-sn

In Training

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 28 May 2018 - 10:12 PM

I agree Victor needs to be pulled out of their ASAP! But I don't think his parents will loose their society friends as they still have their wealth and name which is separate from Victor's accomplishments.  Based on a few comments from Victor here and there throughout the books their family name is what makes them popular, Victor was just a tool they use to brag about on top of everything else they have.  I think there is more to Jasmine than the facade she puts on.  I think she either was raised to be this way or is this way out of pure survival and I hope we get a glimpse of her past in the next book.  I think her giving Victor his necklace and the meaning behind it is more than just protect your heart because "girls want to steal your money" type of message.  I think she may have truly loved someone and lost them, maybe unwillingly because of her family/society's expectations of her.  The dad...he can just go away and never come back I dislike that guy so much.

I hope by the end of the next book that Victor is happy.

• mrenee16 and gotmamadrama like this

#3 gotmamadrama

gotmamadrama

In Training

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia , Pa

Posted 28 May 2018 - 10:37 PM

I hope your right about his mother. Maybe she will evolve later on in the story but George is definitely useless. I think without him specifically in the picture Victors environment would be a lot less toxic. Prince Victor deserves all the happiness in the world. With or without his blood family I hope he gets it.

Edit: I tried to add your quote but for some reason it came out wrong

#4 vm-pb-sn

vm-pb-sn

In Training

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 29 May 2018 - 08:47 PM

George!  That's his name! lol I couldn't remember when I commented before.  I think I was just blocking him out or something.

• gotmamadrama likes this