225 replies to this topic

#1 Tomoe

Tomoe

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 89 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 24 January 2014 - 04:01 PM

Q: What is Volto's obsession with sang and why is he trying to help her ?

A: Volto told the truth when he said he saw Sang limping around (after her ankle bone got bruised) and the bruises and so on. He knows of the Academy and her involvement. He also knows about the cameras in their houses. All of this lead to his investigation and his conclusion that the Academy is not a good place and Sang was the last person he wanted wrapped up in it. His obsession isn't so much anything else other than he doesn't think Sang would trust him saying this. He also doesn't want to expose his true identity to the Academy. So he took extra precautions. Thus why we have Volto.  He's trying to help her because he's too nice for his own good.

Q: How did Volto get not only Mr. Blackbourne's car, but the his keys too?

A: Volto had access to Victor's house. The boys have all of each other's keys. All he had to do was wait for Mr. Blackbourne to leave it in a parking lot somewhere.

Q: Who's house did they break into ? And are the pictures on the camera going to be important ?

A: You have to wait for this one.  The answers are in Thief. There's a timeline overlap. You'll see.

Q: Ok I like all these questions but my big one that I think CL can actually answer..... Were Mr Blackbourne and North naked?

A: They are if you think they are. They aren't if you think they are.

Q: What was Victor thinking when he saw Sang in the bathroom naked thought it would be in the a report?

A: He was panicked that she was passed out. A little too wrapped up that something happened to her. After their terrible night the night before, and after the nightmare, this was just full out panic. When he thought about it later, he couldn't even remember the details other than her closed eyes and the terror in her face when she woke up. By then, he'd had her wrapped in a towel and she was wrapped up the entire time after. So in honesty, Kota's still got the 'full monty' view of her over everyone else. Technically he saw it, but too panicked to really even stop and think. (Unlike Kota, who hadn't been expecting her and she surprised the crapola out of him. :))

Q: Do the guys notice each other's affection for Sang? Do they recognize it as romantic or friendly? And are they even the tiniest bit jealous?

A: You can usually tell who is on the romantic side because they try staring her down for a kiss.  Or will kiss her hand or do that finger/mouth kiss thing. In a small way, everyone who is starting to see her in that romantic way (a lot were denying it, some are still) will start saying really sweet stuff, try to get her to do more than just hold hands and hug. The guys haven't noticed these romantic things because they tend to do it when they've got her alone.

And they don't care if she's holding hands with the others or hugging them.

Q: Does Marc know who Sang is or does he really think she's in the academy?

A: Marc was high as a kite and hardly remembers what happened in there.  He fully trusted Dr. Green and assumed Sang was in the Academy. It's an Academy hospital so he had no reason to think otherwise.

Q: What were the boys thinking when Luke and sang came back and she kissed him on the cheek?

A: Luke was on cloud nine, should have kept her out longer, wanted to do that again, thought it was all worth it for that.  The others were angry with him for taking him out while Volto was out there. Kota was pea green jealous and so scared out of his noggin for her. The others were jealous a bit, but I mean to them it was a kiss on the cheek. Like you do for your mom or whatever. But they were SO FREAKING HAPPY she did it because it showed them she could and would when she wanted to and they couldn't wait to get her alone again. Some were, others were like, "she'll never do that to me". And you know, flipping out because Volto and stuff.

Q: What were Kota and North doing when Sang had the nightmare and rang them?

A: They were watching someone they thought was involved in the bomb threat but it was a dead end. Basically watching some dude's house and he the guy slipped out to go meet up with his girlfriend. So nothing really exciting but they had to get going.

Q: Why was Gabe so emotional after he beat the crap out of Greg?

A: Greg could have killed Sang. And by golly, Gabriel wasn't going to let anything happy to that girl. He's lost enough family.

Q: How did victor know she was passed out in the shower?

A: He'd opened the door to ask her something about clothes since she didn't really have spares there. He was saying something about wearing one of their shirts. He called to her, she never answered. He called louder, she didn't respond. So he checked really quick, not trying to be a pervert but because it was kind of spooky and then there you go. Scene.

Q: Did Hendricks really have cameras in his office?? (Not from the academy). What is his purpose with Sang? It seems he never is satisfied with the info she feeds him.

A: Hendricks is smarter than he looks. Prior military experience. There's cameras, but like most cameras these days, he only checks them if he thinks something fishy is going on in his office. (Who has time to review tapes all day?) So far he hasn't caught Sang doing anything. Karen saw someone fixing it one day (the lens on the camera had some condensation) and so she's paranoid.  His purpose with Sang is to wait for her to slip up and tell him something. He also wants to keep Mr. Blackbourne paranoid.

Q: What was Sean's answer to the lady in the hospital when she told him Sang was a lucky lady and to treat her right?

A: "Always have, always will. Now shush and get some sleep. And no more chainsaws on the ladder. Call someone next time."  Not that she'd listen.

Q: Could we deduce who Volto is based on the info already given to us in the five books?

A: *transmission error;voltointerception*

Q: Do the guys know Wil ?

A: Offhand. They've seen him around.

Q: Is Volto a good guy or bad guy or just smoke and mirrors?

A: What do you think?

Q: My big question is why didn't the taser work on Sang?

A: Muriel was waving it around in the dark. She caught Sang in the arm I think, which is not the best place to hit someone with a taser. Sang felt the jolt, but it wasn't full force. And then Sang managed to knock it out of her hand so it was useless then.

Q: Hendricks didn't catch Sang copying the papers in his office that she gave to Owen?

A: No.  That time nothing was missing. She took photos and did all that other stuff. Like if she had taken the paper that she was tempted to do, he would have noticed and checked. Though she'll need to be careful later. Now that she knows about his cameras, she'll want to be even more careful and not do that kind of thing.

Q: Are we going to learn who Volto is in Thief (I don't know how but it could be) or will we have to wait for book 6 ?

A: Volto is a long term character. Expect many episodes. It's like Q from Star Trek. He's not in book six, but he'll be back later on.

Q: I have no clue whether Volto is good or bad I'm leaning to good but misguided or Misinformed I have to say his speech made me think for a moment before I slapped myself

A: Believing in the boys and believing in the Academy can be two different things.  The way Volto presents things might make people question what Sang is really getting in to. And the boys are still young, so is it a cult trying to take them over? Are they really as nice as you think? Volto's there to stir that up.

Q: When is book 6 due?

A: Late May, Early June. Trying to give myself time to write a few books ahead of myself.  Thief took a lot of time to figure out.

Q: What did North and Owen think about the pictures of Sang when she was naked in Nathans shower? She was a bit embarrassed about them, butt what went through their heads or did they think nothing of it?

A: North was already seeing red because of Sang looking petrified. There was only a small handful of her naked and the rest was in her underwear, getting dressed, bad angles, etc. But she saw some that were her naked. North saw them but was flipping through pretty quickly. But what was catching him was that the angle of that camera, so when he was staring at it, he wasn't even looking at her. Mr. Blackbourne saw it, too, but at those odd angles. They both have copies tucked away now, but they're too angry to look at them. They were pictures taken when she's vulnerable and it felt pervy to look at them after when they figured out what was going on. Just like Victor when he saw the pictures on his car. (There's going to be an 'off stage' meeting later where they all vote to destroy them. Once they figured out how to secure their camera feeds, they wanted to get rid of the pictures for Sang's sake. There was no need to keep them.) Still, I can't say for sure, in the back of their minds, they're not sometimes day dreaming about her and occasionally can get a better picture of what she looks like naked. Because boys do that.  And I do that too because I know what they look like naked.

Q: How was North able to sleep without his phone being on or cuddled up to Sang? She didn't say anything about him looking overly tired or being extra grumpy. I figured he would reach his breaking point not being able to check on her, sleep, and having her be in danger.

A: He did reach his breaking point after seeing the pictures. He just promised her he wouldn't lock her in a bubble a minute ago and then right after the pictures, he's locking her in a bubble, don't care what she thinks. He was annoyed not to be able to use his phone and he had to totally rely on the guys being with her to make sure she was breathing when she slept. He was holding his phone a lot (even if it wasn't on) out of habit. He did sleep the night she went out with Luke, although it was Kota who woke him up in a panic looking for her.

Q: My question is about Muriel. Did she specifically get the job at his house to get closer to him or did the attraction & obsession come with time while working there & how was Volto able to get to her & convince her he could get Victor for her.

A: Muriel was enthralled with Victor after working at one of those concert halls and spotting him on stage. She became obsessed with Victor, and in true obsessed girl style, she was collecting articles and photos of him in the newspaper. It was no accident that she ended up in the Morgan estate. She applied for jobs as a maid and specifically went to Mr. Morgan and asked. Mr. Morgan, being who he is and here's a younger girl practically volunteering to play maid, he submitted to her request. Muriel did her best, and she managed to weasel herself into being Victor's maid instead of a general house one. However, Victor was polite to her but he totally wasn't into her. But while Muriel seemed to think she was the 'only one' in Victor's life (because he didn't really date) then she was happy. When he started talking about "Sang", she became a little more nosey. When Sang actually showed up at the door, she was livid. But by then, Volto had already caught on to her and who she was and why she was there. Volto talked to her one day while she was out getting stuff and made promises he never intended to keep.

Q: Will Dr. Sean and Sang now share a bed when she stays at his condo since they shared one at the hospital ?

A: *goes to answer but Dr. Green stuffs hand in mouth* Mmrugoiua.

Q: What happened in the car with Silas... it was expected yet wasn't at the same time is silas struggling with his feelings?

A: Silas was doing the thing where he was trying to loosen her up (because she looked nervous) by getting her to laugh. When Silas rubbed up against Sang's "sweet spot" (one of several), it really surprised Sang and then the whole mood changed. So Silas did that thing he does where he gets || This close and just hovers and waits.  He's not good at subtle. This is him trying to get so close that all she has to do is brush her lips against his and that counts, in his mind. He's technically breaking the rules because they're not supposed to intimidate her into kissing. But in his mind, this isn't breaking if he never actually does the first touch thing. Again, he's not good at just stepping around a subject. If he wanted to kiss her, he'd kiss her flat out. He's Greek. Greek's don't wait.

Q: Victor gotta keep her quiet then which means he will still have girls throwing themselves at him how will she cope with that now that she is aware of it and can go to his concerts ?

A:  Poor Victor. All those girls flinging themselves at him. The only thing that does protect him is actually a thing he hates, which is that he's in proper society and the way girls throw themselves at guys in proper society has to be done in front of others. Luckily Victor doesn't attend a lot of social functions outside of those charity events and his concerts. He doesn't really make himself available. His mother actually intercepts a lot of those girls for him. But with Sang, he's totally not into any other girl now. He's polite but puts them in their place if they try anything.  Sang's sort of having the same problem with guys at school, so while she will get jealous, she has to understand and trust Victor. She's sympathetic.

Q: Mr Blackbourne tells Dr Green everything but has he told him about the whole we have to all love her or loose her? Or is he waiting for Dr Green to fall in love?

A: Mr. Blackbourne and Dr. Green tell each other everything. Dr. Green is Mr. Blackbourne's backboard about this type of thing. If Mr. Blackbourne is being too strict or if Dr. Green is taking things too lightly, they tell each other.

Q: Have you put any hints or spoilers or good clues for us to guess at like you did about the new series ?

A: Ah.  I mean there's lots of stuff that isn't dealt with in book five that gets pushed off to other books. Like Eric running away with a gun, and Mr. Hendricks and that ongoing investigation. I mean, just plotwise, it's all an ongoing thing.

Q: I was going to ask if Sang knew who Volto was, behind the mask, before this happened. Volto knows too much about Sangs life to be a random stranger.

A: There's a lot to Volto.  Funny how he's involved with this team, as Mr. Blackbourne said, if he really wanted to infiltrate the Academy, there would have been easier targets to pick.

Q: I understand that Sangs phone was cloned from the old broken one in the drawer that's how all the boys got the photo text etc. however after the spa, victor bought her a new phone, with new sim and number, this never got returned to the house, how did Volto/Muriel continue to contact her?

A:  Volto says I can't say. Too spoily.

Q: Was me Blackbourne going to confess he loves Sang or just that his on the road there before he got interrupted?

A: I will probably get this question forever now.  But just so people know, he was planning to deflect the question anyway. Mr. Blackbourne's a hard case to feelings because he cuts it off.

Q: But what he told her at the concert was like a love confession, Owen style, no ?

A: Mr. Blackbourne knows how to woo. He's attempting to win her over for his team because he knows full and well that the Academy will pressure her to join another team and he wants to secure her to theirs.

Q: We will eventually find out who Volto is, right ? Or will he just disappear and keep everyone on edge ?

A: Volto will return off and on in later books. Book six and seven I think he's barely mentioned. I'm not sure about book eight, but somewhere down the road, we'll see him again.

Q: You keep saying he is Volto definitely a male ?

A: I say he, because Sang says he. Because of the way he is 'shaped' and the way he handles himself, she thinks he's a boy.

Q: Ok Sang / Silas in the car, and he says "I Didnt know".....? What did that mean? Didn't know he was getting her hot and bothered ?

A: Exactly. He was trying to get her to laugh and then he passed by that 'hot spot' and he didn't realize and didn't know how to react to it because it was kind of out of left field. She didn't know either. It's like you can touch your own back or whatever 100000 times but when that hot guy touches it, suddenly it's a hot spot. Silas at first thought she was trying to bite back laughter but then realized what he did. So it changed the mood. But notice how he was trying to take advantage of his new 'spot' on her when trying to get her to kiss him.  SO GREEK.

Q: When Victor's dad walks in on them and Victor picks the phone up and says give me a reason ? To call who ? An why would the dad care who victor would call ? I mean he is the dad, who has the authority ?

A: Anyone in the Academy, usually Kota. But he'll call whoever he needs to. Victor's father is a problem. And his dad has faced off with the Academy and Kota before. That's why he backs off.

Q: Does that mean mr B is hiding his feelings behind the fact they need her on the team sort of ill accept her - I'm taking one for team type thing

A: That's what he thinks for now.  He so thinks he can control feelings. That's why he was sure he could 'win' this game of 'it's impossible, your team is too big/too young to bring in a single bird like this'. Mr. Blackbourne took it as a challenge.

• MaryT, peculiarmoomin, HiddenHeartFan and 10 others like this

- Aurélia -

Joins us on The Academy boards on Pinterest http://www.pinterest.com/academyseries (send me a pm if you'd like to be added to post pictures on the group boards)

#2 Amanda

Amanda

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 41 posts
  • Locationmiddle GA

Posted 24 January 2014 - 05:47 PM

YAY!!! all in one spot :)

• allie-nut, MichelleAggele and minfin like this

#3 Tomoe

Tomoe

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 89 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 24 January 2014 - 07:45 PM

I thought it would be easier this way and if people post on the forum and not on FB, this way they still get all the answers  ;)

• MichelleAggele, HiddenHeartFan, Curious Girl and 4 others like this

- Aurélia -

Joins us on The Academy boards on Pinterest http://www.pinterest.com/academyseries (send me a pm if you'd like to be added to post pictures on the group boards)

#4 Alisa k

Alisa k

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh

Posted 24 January 2014 - 11:55 PM

Where we're these posted on facebook?
  • seraphim likes this

#5 PoisonIvy

PoisonIvy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationMelbourne Australia

Posted 25 January 2014 - 06:59 AM

If Volto was someone Sang had met before, wouldn't she have recognized his/her scent??

#6 MaryT

MaryT

• Scarab Beetle
  • 29 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 02:01 PM

Thanks for putting this all in one spot!!  You are awesome!!!

• Tomoe and minfin like this

#7 seraphim

seraphim

Advanced Member

• Scarab Beetle
  • 85 posts
  • LocationEire

Posted 25 January 2014 - 02:35 PM

Well done. That made it handy.
  • Tomoe likes this

#8 Emz

Emz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 25 January 2014 - 03:05 PM

Who is the very oldest and who is the very youngest in the group? I was curious because there was lots of talk about Birthdays in the book, i'd really like to know their age order not that i'm weird but it just keeps bugging me because they all act so mature. ;)

• ShadowGirl818, Princess81 and minfin like this

:wub: :) :) :wub:

#9 KVSNGLNSOlover

KVSNGLNSOlover

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • LocationMadison, WI

Posted 27 January 2014 - 03:35 AM

What was the red button spoiler?
Kota🔎 Victor🎹 Silas⚾️ Nathan🏊 Gabriel🎨 Luke🙈 North🔧 Sean💉 Owen🎻
Marc💋 Corey🎮 Brandon😎 Raven🔫 Axel🐠

#10 Sean's Pookie

Sean's Pookie

Advanced Member

• Scarab Beetle
  • 46 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 03:51 AM

Thanks for putting these all in one spot! They were gonna be hard to find.

”君がいて幸せ。恋に落ちてしまった。” - Dr. Green

#11 Sean's Pookie

Sean's Pookie

Advanced Member

• Scarab Beetle
  • 46 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 04:01 AM

Who is the very oldest and who is the very youngest in the group? I was curious because there was lots of talk about Birthdays in the book, i'd really like to know their age order not that i'm weird but it just keeps bugging me because they all act so mature. ;)

In one of the newsletters that CL released, she stated the boys are all 15/16 years old. Except for Blackbourne and Green who are 19.

I'm not sure if she's given exact ages yet.

It throws me off too that they act so mature. But I like being able to picture them older. I think otherwise, I'd get annoyed that they acted like "little kids", especially when trying to romance Sang.

• HiddenHeartFan likes this

”君がいて幸せ。恋に落ちてしまった。” - Dr. Green

#12 Bonbon1127

Bonbon1127

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 04:29 AM

Are we ever going to see a less formal side of Mr B?

#13 Curious Girl

Curious Girl

Advanced Member

• Ghost Bird
  • 250 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 27 January 2014 - 05:26 AM

The very oldest is probably Dr. Sean as CL stated that both he and Mr. Blackbourne were 19 at the beginning of book one and Mr. Backbourne's birthday is near the end of December...currently. I've been told that CL may change that birthdate since she hasn't actually put it in a book yet. We don't know...or at least I don't know...when Dr. Sean's birthday is yet.

As for the younger group the age order and ages as of now appears to be as follows: Kota (16), Victor (16), Luke (16), Silas (16), North (16), Nathan (16), Sang (16), Gabriel (15)

What was the red button spoiler?

The red button spoiler was a short scene CL released to the winner of a contest...I don't remember which contest...that was shared with some other fans.

Where we're these posted on facebook?

The questions and answers posted above can be found at the secret hidden hearts academy group fan club page.

• minfin likes this

#14 Tomoe

Tomoe

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 89 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 27 January 2014 - 02:13 PM

More answers revealed in this Q&A can be found on the spoiler part of the forum  :)

- Aurélia -

#15 Tomoe

Tomoe

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 89 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 27 January 2014 - 02:17 PM

Q: What happened to Greg? between books 2 and 5 and after he got beaten up by Gabe?

A: Greg was in the hospital for a while. After, Greg was in suspension (fighting) thanks to some pull from Mr. Blackbourne with the school board. However, Greg's one of those problem kids shipped in from another district so his suspension was carried out at home. Which, you might know about this, but home suspension is stupid because it's like rewarding them with no school for not wanting to be there in the first place. Once the police picked him up for shop lifting, there was another trial (didn't discuss Sang and why he was put out of school in the first place, the records only show he was in a school fight). He came up to a local judge who believed that students needed to be in school 'or he wouldn't have been loitering' and demanded the school cut his suspension and put him back in school. As of the end of book five, he's back in the hospital, but Mr. Blackbourne will again appeal to the school boards about this and there will be some pull from the Academy to move him and his family out of range of Sang. Probably to a small town where Greg can't be of much trouble.

Q: Why no one has (at least currently) asked Muriel who Volto is.

A: They have. She doesn't know. He's the guy with the mask.

Q: Throughout the book, the guys kept mentioning that it was Mr. Morris that said her number out loud. I got confused and checked the spoiler sheet that had that same scene. And in the spoiler scene, it was Mr. Morris who told the number.

Why did you suddenly change that bit? Was it not to spoil that Mr. Morris was part of the spying?

A: There was an opinion by some readers that a real teacher wouldn't do that. (Apparently they didn't have the same teachers I did growing up!)  But the question of who released the phone number wasn't so important to the plot, or so I thought, so changing it wasn't a big deal. I just forgot about some of those references. I may later just switch the scene back. I kind of like Mr. Morris doing it.

Q. What do the others think to Kota grounding her and Luke? Do they agree or do they think it's extreme?

A. North agrees. Gabriel kind of agrees, although he doesn't like the way Kota presented it. In truth, they ALL feel the grounding was something that should have happened, at least in part. They were all afraid for her and her safety and she just ran off with Luke. Normally a grounding just means you have to stay home and you're on safe watch for a while. They didn't disagree with this. And technically, if she were part of the team, she would be grounded for like forever. Situational though, and strangely enough Mr. Blackbourne has switched rolls and is acting like family lead in book five, Mr. Blackbourne telling Kota to back off was because she clearly was upset she made the boys upset and she was self punishing herself. The boys haven't seen anyone do that so they had no idea what they were up against.  Mr. Blackbourne didn't want a wedge happening right from the beginning so he had to fix this quick. BTW, if she hadn't been like this, he would have fully agreed to the grounding. Luke was told to go get that camera, and taking Sang may not have been a big deal but she was on lock down and he knew that.

Q: I want to know what was wrong with North. Mr. B seemed overly concerned about him during that last part in Victor's house.

A: North got like a super dose of that knock out stuff. Not knowing how to use those needles, one could easily do a lot of harm to a person. He also didn't want to be gone and have Muriel or the masked guy come back, see Mr. Blackbourne had escaped and then take it out on North. So his first concern, since North couldn't protect himself, was to get North to safety. That's why he sent Sang after Victor. He didn't think Victor got as bad of a dose and it was possible she could wake him up and get him to move out. Mr. Blackbourne's initial plan was to get them all out first before he went in and took on Muriel himself.

Q: What did Dr. Green say to the nurse when sang was helping him with Gabe?

A: He was saying Gabriel was her brother (because in hospitals, if you're family, you're allowed in a lot of places others aren't) and that he was going to keep her hands busy folding towels and scrubbing the room down. He'd stay and watch over her. The nurse was sympathetic and left them alone.

Q: What was going through Silas's mind when he was in the car with Sang?

A: He wanted to kiss her.  Well at first he was just hanging out, wanting to make her laugh. But he would have kissed her in a heartbeat if he thought he wasn't going to break one of those rules. And he would have said 'screw the rules' except he didn't know what would happen if he did. So he was trying to bend it as much as possible to make it acceptable by Academy standards.

Q: One thing that I realized today why I love the Academy so much is the way you take people from abusive situations and make them go from victim to victors... What inspired you to write your stories this way?

A: I think anyone who has been in an abusive situation sometimes day dreams about things like this. Of overcoming your past and figuring out, even through struggle, where your future is. Sang and the boys have been through a lot, and they aren't done yet with what they have been going through, but it is a process. I think it's a good thing to talk about. Happily ever after isn't about one day you wake up and Prince Charming has shown up and the bad things are gone forever. Happily ever after is a continuing movement to become better. I also like showing that while everything seems bleak, there's always others around you willing to step up and help. You have to give them a chance though. And you also have to find the RIGHT kind of help. It isn't always easy to figure out the good from the bad. The boys may help Sang, but a lot of it they push her to help herself, and they get her to work. They may tuck her away for her own protection, but like how Dr. Green gets her to assist Gabriel and clean up after. He didn't cuddle her, although he wouldn't have been opposed to it. He knew sometime doing good for other people can help heal.

Q: Is there every going to be another time when Sang says she's done talking and walks off?

A: Doesn't everyone do this every once in a while? Gabriel did it to the group in book five. He's lucky North wasn't there. He would have gone after him.  Sang also did this in book five, without saying "I'm done". It was after she was arguing with Victor about the plan. She just did it politely and walked out of the room. And Silas came to talk her. Between her and North, they have to come to understand that neither one is leaving the other ever, so if she walks off angry, it's not her leaving him. It's she's mad and she'll come back later. She'll learn to say it nicer to him. Eventually.

Q: Has Sang's sister been going to school or has she been skipping? If she is skipping school has Hendricks noticed?

A: She has been attending, as Marie has realized if she stays out, the police may show up and everything Sang said was true. Marie's a little lost right now. She doesn't see a future. She doesn't know where her mother is. She's moving through a fog. Only she wants to curl up in bed and eat chocolate and wants everyone to leave her alone. But Sang did make a point so she's going to school but she's not bothering with it much. Basically, she doesn't see her future so she's not going to even try. She doesn't understand the point of going to school.

Q: Why was Victor covered in the bed like Muriel was hiding him?

A: In a strange way, she was making sure Victor wasn't discovered just in case someone did walk in. She's kind of crazy. When she's doing this thing with Victor, she's in full fledge panic mode. She's not thinking clearly. She can't calm down. She realizes what she's done but she thinks if she can get Victor and her to a safe place, everything will calm down and she can talk to Victor and he'll understand and they'll run away forever and ever. But that's how some crazy people think. They see this ONE ONLY OUTCOME and then they are so sure this is the way this will happen. When it doesn't, they become destructive. They would rather destroy it all than not see it the way they thought they wanted.

Q: What's the title for book 6?

A: I don't know yet. I'm the worst at titling, both books and chapter headings.

Q: Will Sang ever learn how to whistle?

A: No.  She can't do it. The boys will tease her about this.

Q: What's the box of stuff under Sang's step-mother's bed? You know the stuff with old meds, the pic, and the needle? Is it "Sang" important or just not that important?

A: Sang's mom is crazy, so she hung on to the strangest things. Some don't make sense except only to her, and some are actually from her own past that have made her the way she is. There's a reason why she stuck Sang in her dad's closet and not her own. She's got her own weird collection of things in there.

Q: Do the others know why gabe storms off on the stairs?

A: No. Not really. I mean they know he's mad, but they're guys. Unless you spell it out for them, they have no idea. They know he's mad. Kota or one of the others would have talked to him about it later when he had time to cool off. You don't stop an angry guy trying to walk off and be alone. They did kind of like that Sang was going after him. They were hoping she would calm him down about whatever he was mad about and they would figure it out later. They would have probed her or him about what was going on.

Q: I posted one about the second voicemail. Was it the same as the third? No one except sang listened to it.

A: Ah ha. And she conveniently didn't talk about the first one which was just breathing into the phone. And the second voicemail where the beeping started, but she didn't pass over the phone until the third. This was, for my own purposes, left out there. Sometimes planting seeds isn't about knowing the exact purpose of an item you left behind, but leaving some pieces around to play with at your convenience. In this case, the two additional messages, without describing them but you knowing they were there, I can come back to them later as additional clues if I need them. It just depends on how this progresses. Some things I can't picture until I'm there. I may not need this piece, but I left it there with a few notes on my side just in case I want to use it later.

Q: What was Gabe planning to do for Sang's birthday if they had had the opportunity to celebrate it the right way ?

A: If it were up to Gabriel at first, he wanted a tower cake, with lots of new clothes from a new shopping spree, and a big party. Like he was spending a lot of time watching "sweet sixteen" type of things and trying to figure out what Sang would like. But really, the more he watched those, he realized they wouldn't be to Sang's taste. That's why he was having such a hard time with this and why Luke was saying, "I don't think she'd like this". Sang's quiet. Sang doesn't want much. He had no real idea what Sang would have liked because he was stuck thinking "all girls like this". Turns out, she just wanted to hang out and what they did for her birthday was perfect for her. Chalk it up to experience, Gabriel now realizes when he does things like this for Sang, he has to think more intimate, which is actually the exact kind of thing he likes.

Q: Does everyone in The Academy know one another or of one another not personally but professionally as well. The Academy seems so big with many past & present members.

A: The broad scope of the Academy means that one could be in the Academy and walk by someone and not realize he's in the Academy, too. It's not as big as you think, there's just a big concentration in the area where Sang lives. So like with Marc, it's highly possible he may never see/know Sang in the Academy so Marc could easily make the assumption she was in it. And being she was 'helping' Dr. Green, it just confirmed it more. A young girl an intern to a Doctor (he didn't know Dr. Green was still really just getting started himself) is just something Academy worthy.

• lisla and minfin like this

- Aurélia -

#16 KVSNGLNSOlover

KVSNGLNSOlover

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • LocationMadison, WI

Posted 27 January 2014 - 07:53 PM

Does anyone know what happened in the red button spoiler?
Kota🔎 Victor🎹 Silas⚾️ Nathan🏊 Gabriel🎨 Luke🙈 North🔧 Sean💉 Owen🎻
Marc💋 Corey🎮 Brandon😎 Raven🔫 Axel🐠

#17 Tomoe

Tomoe

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 89 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 27 January 2014 - 08:34 PM

Does anyone know what happened in the red button spoiler?

I'll post the red button spoiler in the spoiler part of the forum  ;)

- Aurélia -

#18 Tomoe

Tomoe

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 89 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 27 January 2014 - 09:36 PM

Q: What were Kota's thoughts when Owen calmed Sang down in the office? I mean, I know he was angry, and worried about her, but the boys haven't ever really seen Owen interact with her. What did he think about that?

A: Mr. Blackbourne could sense the tension right when he walked into the room. His main concern was that Sang was shutting them out and his first goal was to get her to open up again. That's why he was insistent on hearing her side of what happened with Luke. He needed to hear her talk and understand that she wasn't trying to return into herself. She was just upset about the situation. Him getting her to talk was kind of like Dr. Green getting her to work with her hands. It was kind of like therapy. He also gave Kota a chance to see the full picture, not just what he saw on his end. This time of Sang 'working to fill in Mr. Blackbourne about the mission' gave everyone a chance to calm down and realize fully what happened with each other. And why Kota had to explain what he was 'seeing' on his end. With everything out in the open, Mr. Blackbourne coaches Kota to tell Sang how he felt honestly and then leaves them to deal with it, knowing Kota and Sang were good and would sort it out. They just needed a starting point.  He had a lot of issues to deal with and I always thought it was cool whenever he takes time out to take care of her. Mr. Blackbourne may cut people off with regulation and such but he's a sucker for her.

• minfin likes this

- Aurélia -

#19 Dani

Dani

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 28 January 2014 - 04:17 AM

What happened to all the boxes they pulled out of Sang's shed before she got stuck in the sawdust? Is all that stuff still in her driveway? Or did they put it back? Or did they unpack? Is the house furnished now?

#20 Dani

Dani

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 28 January 2014 - 04:19 AM

Does Mr. Blackbourne have an older mentor in the Academy sort of like Dr. Roberts is Dr. Sean's mentor? Or is the only reason that Dr. Roberts is mentoring Sean is because Sean is a resident?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: drop of boubt, book 5, Volto