24 replies to this topic

#1 FlowerPower

FlowerPower

Closed Adoptant

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 03:19 AM

So, I couldn't help but feel as if this "family" isn't as close as Sang's crew.  Anyone else get that feeling?  I gotta say I think that it would be a lot easier to topple them over and scatter them than it would be in the other group.   Also, veering off a bit anyone else think maybe Brandon lied about Corey's predilections because he's both a) protective of his brother and B) jealous of the attention Kaylie gives him?  Bringing this back on topic does anyone think that this whole debacle will bring the brother's closer...loving her or will it make them fight?

• PatGenn and Aggele mou like this

#2 BlackBourneIdentity

BlackBourneIdentity

In Training

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationHuntington, WV

Posted 01 March 2014 - 03:25 AM

I don't think they're as close either. They're all keeping secrets from each other when it comes to Kayli and Raven even asked her to keep it from the guys. And the whole Kevin situation. I have a feeling he's going to leave.
  • littlethief17 likes this

#3 cparker

cparker

In Training

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 03:26 AM

Brandon didn't lie he just doesn't know the whole truth. CL said Corey is bi. i do think he only told her coz he was jealous tho. i see what you mean about not being as close but i think the main 5 are its just kevin is a bit out of it. but it was a crazy first book (a lot happened lol) maybe as they go along we will see how close they all are.

• Talltree likes this
:wub: Mr Blackbourne :wub: Dr Green :wub: Victor :wub: Gabe :wub: Luke :wub: Kota :wub: Nathan :wub: Silas :wub: North :wub:

#4 DonnaJ

DonnaJ

Applicant/Testing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 03:38 AM

It was also a type of "Introduction" to the book, though.

I do understand what you mean... Ghost Bird crew is pretty tight knit.

Hopefully, in the next installment, we see more crew dynamic.

#5 SarahAllison

SarahAllison

Closed Adoptant

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationJefferson City, MO, USA

Posted 01 March 2014 - 04:01 AM

I think it is mostly because it is book 1.  We haven't had as much time to see how close the boys are.  In Ghost Bird series we have 5 books to see the guys connections.  I think Kayli's boy are more hesitant to burst into her life.  She is older so it is easier to say she will ask for help if she needs it.  Sang is younger and the guys are younger.  They don't have the "not my business" mentality that sometimes comes when people get older. I don't know...thoughts???  I am just throwing some ideas out there.

#6 PatGenn

PatGenn

Applicant/Testing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 01 March 2014 - 06:09 AM

I got the same impression. They are definitely not as close even though they all practically live together. The issue with Kaylie will either bring them together or it could rip them apart but it's up to them.

I think it is mostly because it is book 1. We haven't had as much time to see how close the boys are. In Ghost Bird series we have 5 books to see the guys connections.

I do see your point here with it being only the 1st book. But my impressions are drawn from Kevin and how the guys are responding to that situation. They seem to have an attitude of inevitability towards the upcoming separation.

#7 AcademyGirl

AcademyGirl

In Training

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 01 March 2014 - 08:13 AM

I think difference between both groups is one group are adults and the other group are children with two adults taking over as father figures.

#8 bjd

bjd

Closed Adoptant

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 01 March 2014 - 03:06 PM

Glad to know I wasn't the only one that thought they weren't as close! The book was good and I love having a new, adult group to read about but somehow I just didn't connect with them as strongly as I did Sang's group. Anyone else feel like that too?
  • StyledByGabe and Talltree like this

#9 MrBplease

MrBplease

Applicant/Testing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
  • LocationCavan Ireland

Posted 01 March 2014 - 04:01 PM

I don't know that there not as close just more that being older they are more private about certain things and I felt like from the A report that they felt Kevin was pulling away from them recently maybe explaining that lack of closeness between him and the other 5

#10 killerqueen14

killerqueen14

Closed Adoptant

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, USA

Posted 01 March 2014 - 04:04 PM

I also thought they didn't seem as close but at the same time it also just made me realize the age difference between the two groups. The GB boys are still school age and these guys are essentially adults and do have parts of their lives that are separate from the Academy, like Kevin and his girlfriend. I think the rest of the group sees where it's heading with Kevin because I'm sure the Academy has that kind of thing happen and the guys are just preparing for that. Also, we don't know how they were when they younger, they could have been just as close as GB team. 

It has been only one book though so I'm excited to learn more about them as we go.

"We are all searching for someone whose demons play well with ours."

#11 ShutterBug

ShutterBug

Applicant/Testing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 04:05 PM

I agree with MrBPlease, I don't think that the boys aren't as close, they're just all older. I think that they're maturity allows them a little more individuality and privacy amongst themselves. That being said, I don't know what the heck is up with Kevin, but it's still only the first book... so I'm still waiting to really form an opinion about him.

#12 princess_wendie

princess_wendie

In Training

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 01 March 2014 - 09:11 PM

I think they are a good team and are probably very close but they also likely haven't been friends since kindergarten like part of the other group. North was probably 11 when he joined them whereas Mark was more like 16.

#13 KVSNGLNSOlover

KVSNGLNSOlover

In Training

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • LocationMadison, WI

Posted 01 March 2014 - 10:08 PM

I got the same impression. They are definitely not as close even though they all practically live together. The issue with Kaylie will either bring them together or it could rip them apart but it's up to them.

I do see your point here with it being only the 1st book. But my impressions are drawn from Kevin and how the guys are responding to that situation. They seem to have an attitude of inevitability towards the upcoming separation.

I agree you can kind of see that they don't agree with the way Kevin's been acting lately and then when they say you've been gone for a bit and we can handle it, it's kind of implying that they don't need him. Not trying to be harsh but at the same time sort of saying "you've been choosing your girl over helping us a lot more lately and we don't like it" but they support him being in love and don't want to take that away from him as well. He's their family but they need him more than he's been around type thing.
Kota🔎 Victor🎹 Silas⚾️ Nathan🏊 Gabriel🎨 Luke🙈 North🔧 Sean💉 Owen🎻
Marc💋 Corey🎮 Brandon😎 Raven🔫 Axel🐠

#14 MichelleAggele

MichelleAggele

In Training

• Scarab Beetle
  • 155 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 02 March 2014 - 01:45 AM

Give it time, this is just the first book and it took place in the span of just a few days so of course Kayli isn't going to be as connected with the boys yet. The boys might be closer then what we are seeing right now, they might be a little distant with not knowing Kayli real well also. Kevin reminds me quite a bit of Mr. Blackborne when we first met him, he saw how the boys were starting to feel about Sang and he knew that she had the power to rip apart their group, I think Kevin is seeing the same thing with Kayli and is having the same doubts as Mr. Blackborne, not to mention that Kevin has a serious girlfriend who he can't tell anything about the Academy too, and now here comes this girl who could cause serious problems with his relationship cause he can't tell his girlfriend anything! I know if I was Wendy I wouldn't be ok it.
I recommend sticking with this series for a few more books, and if you just don't get into it, that's ok - the Ghost Bird series isn't going anywhere.
  • rainsom and DelicateSnowflakeThing like this

Silas' girl Michelle"

#15 Roses2410

Roses2410

In Training

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 11:19 AM

I think they are and they arnt...
I think the boys have grown up together... I mean most of them have been together since kindergarten.... So they maybe closer in some ways.,,
And not that I don't think the guys(SB) are close... They just have come on to the group at different times...
Also just think the guys don't show their feelings to much... Will be good to see how they are in the other books
As its been said we are only on the first boom we will see their relationship better with more books and situation in the book

#16 Marcs sweetie

Marcs sweetie

Closed Adoptant

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 10:48 PM

I don't think that it's not that they aren't as close but it's just we haven't seen it yet. With the GB team they are all very much in each others pockets all the time.....The various classes together, making sure at least one person is with sang, doing the Academy jobs or working at the diner. Plus they are still 'in training' and are younger so rely on each other a bit more. With the SB lot being older and having graduated they have the freedom to do more and have outside interests like girlfriends etc. Also I think although they are a team they work alone more like with Corey doing his computing stuff or when Axel staked out the hotel, still working as a team just not on top of one another if that make sense.

#17 Brittylily

Brittylily

Closed Adoptant

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 04:37 AM

I believe the GB boys are closer because they have been together almost forever, where as the SB guys seem to have joined as a group at a older age. I know this is a big factor, just from watching my brother. My brother has many friends, but he's not as close to any of them as he is with his childhood friend, knowing and being close to someone for so long inevitable leads to a more close knit family.

#18 elisam629

elisam629

In Training

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationCentral Ohio, US

Posted 29 April 2014 - 05:20 PM

Like Michelle said - give it some time. This book happened quickly. I need to go back and re-read it but I'll do that when book 2 is released.

CL is not going to let us - the biggest most obsessive best fans ever! - down.

Patience, grasshopper, patience.

#19 lissa87

lissa87

Closed Adoptant

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 07:46 AM

I really enjoyed the book and I'm looking forward to the next but I also didn't think they were as close but I agree that it might be because of it being the first book and these guys are older.

#20 NorthsGirl

NorthsGirl

Applicant/Testing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 31 July 2014 - 01:01 AM

I feel the same way about the family not being as tightly knit. I feel like anything stronger than a slight shove might make them fall apart. I hope Kayli can bring them all together rather than bring them toppling to the ground.