10 replies to this topic

#1 KotaandMax45

KotaandMax45

Closed Adoptant

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 12:01 AM

I think that with how well C.L. Stone mashed Ghost Bird and the Scarab Beetle Series together Kayli's brother Wil because he does work at the tech store, good with computers, and when she is with the masked man she says she has smelled him before and she has been in close proximity to Wil at school.

#2 Forever a Trouble Princess

Forever a Trouble Princess

Applicant/Testing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 16 March 2014 - 11:43 PM

Hmm....that's an interesting idea. It makes sense and certainly puts a new spin on things

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

#3 AshleyMarie1437

AshleyMarie1437

Closed Adoptant

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationFlorida!

Posted 17 March 2014 - 05:40 PM

You know I never thought about the Will character from the Ghost Bird series being Kayli's brother. I mean I connected other things in both and I reread them all in ghost bird but I loaned out my copy of Thief before rereading it. I think that is very great Idea though! I was thinking one of the guys on another team that is with the academy but now not so much (:

#4 ice_queen

ice_queen

Closed Adoptant

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationSacramento

Posted 28 March 2014 - 11:20 PM

It's just a theory and may sound dumb but I think that it's Karen. I think that she saw Sang limping around and maybe even a bruise or two and just linked it to the boys.   :ph34r:

#5 BlackBourneIdentity

BlackBourneIdentity

In Training

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationHuntington, WV

Posted 28 March 2014 - 11:22 PM

It's just a theory and may sound dumb but I think that it's Karen. I think that she saw Sang limping around and maybe even a bruise or two and just linked it to the boys. :ph34r:

The timeline doesn't make sense for Karen. She was a suspect for me, too until I connected the puzzle pieces.

#6 Twinmomma

Twinmomma

Applicant/Testing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 12:52 AM

I think it's Derrick.
Love the Academy!

#7 Crystal_Sky

Crystal_Sky

Closed Adoptant

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 07:28 PM

I think it could be Jay

#8 Mozi

Mozi

Applicant/Testing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 15 June 2014 - 09:32 PM

I think it's Derrick.

He is a good thought, but if it were him I think he would've acted sooner instead of waiting so long and letting Sang get enmeshed in their group like she has.

#9 Rebecca_K

Rebecca_K

Closed Adoptant

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 09:30 PM

Yeah my three suspects were Karen , Wil or Derrick because they all seem to be 'closest' too her outside the guys and Volto knows things that they know if that makes sense ?

- Karen saw Sang about to try and pickpocket Mr Hendricks and then Volto just happens to have a phone in his pocket for her to steal later in the book

- Wil has been watching her for a while ; the football game , the party etc and he works in the technology shop both Sang and Victor went to for the new phones and so he knew that's what they were doing and how to hack them

- Derrick knows the guys and has previously warned her about them and some of the things Volto said , Derrick had also previously said like the whole making people disappear thing

Also , I'm still a bit suspicious of Wil being as he mentioned it was his last year in that school and when Sang asked if he was a senior he said 'not exactly' and when she meets up with him in book six he said Mr Hendricks called him because 'someone else' was in trouble ... 

#10 thefriendlyghost

thefriendlyghost

Closed Adoptant

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 11:53 PM

Of course we will not know for sure until we read it for ourselves but I think he is Derrick because: 

1. Sang has been close to him therefore has smelled him before.

2. He knows a lot about The Academy. 

3. He knows the boy and the way they work which would make it easy from he to do things such as steal Mr. B's car.

And there is also the fact that her has warned her about the boys and the things they do. I could be totally off but Derrick just seems the best equipped to do the things that Volto has done.

#11 Emme_girl

Emme_girl

Applicant/Testing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 05:29 AM

I think it is Will because sang is the girl he has a crush on, he is always around her in the office, he could tell her about the hacking thing about the phone, and only has to go to school for half a day.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Ghost Bird, Scarab Beetle, Will