#1 bethw

bethw

Applicant/Testing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
  • Locationnear Austin, TX

Posted 13 March 2014 - 04:04 PM

So... I couldn't find Luke or Owen's heights, so I started this long post with math, trying to figure out everyone's height. (I finally found references in the bio cheat sheet.) Since they're all in reference to Sang's height... and the only reference to Sang's height is that Silas and North call her "tiny" and she is "Small enough that Victor thinks she's very young in his first scene with her" (per the bio cheat sheet).

So... any idea how tall Sang might actually be? If she really is tiny, that makes Victor and Gabriel pretty short, too. If she's more average, that could make Silas and North more freakishly tall than most of us think.

Yes, I know I'm totally over-thinking this. It's either that or re-read the series for the I-don't-know-how-many-th time.

Oh, and in case anyone wants the inside baseball math on the heights, I can copy/paste it.

#2 SpittFire

SpittFire

Applicant/Testing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 13 March 2014 - 04:35 PM

I think that Sang is a bit more average height, and just more petite in stature, maybe 5'4"-5'6". I think that Silas and North are both on the really tall side because I feel like I remember it being mentioned that Silas towered above lots of the other students as Ashley Waters as well. I could be mistaken, but that is always how I picture Sang and the guys.

May the wings of the butterfly kiss the sky
And find your shoulder to light on
To bring you Love, Luck, and Happiness
Today, Tomorrow, and Beyond.

#3 bethw

bethw

Applicant/Testing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
  • Locationnear Austin, TX

Posted 13 March 2014 - 05:00 PM

Silas and North do stick out at the high school because of their heights. And, even an average height girl would be "tiny" to them. However, Victor originally thought she was "very young"... was that a height or a build thing, or both?

OK... so here's the rundown on heights from the cheat sheet and the books:

Kota: "a head taller than Sang"

Victor: "half a head taller than Sang"

Silas: "a head and a half taller than Kota"

Nathan: about Kota's height

Gabriel: about Victor's height

Luke: half a head taller than Sang (I really thought he'd be taller... at least he is, in my head)

North: almost as tall as Silas

Sean: about Kota's height

Owen: a little taller than Kota

Also... a "head" is considered 7-8". So... depending on Sang's height... the guys "shorter range" (say, if she's 5'2" and we use 7 inches) could be 5'6"-5'7" (Victor, Gabe, and Luke) to 6'4" (Silas), and the taller range (if she's 5'6" and we use 8") could be 5'10" to 7'... that's a HUGE difference...

yeah, I know... nitpick much?

• Princess Nichole and LovinGBseries like this

#4 DelicateSnowflakeThing

DelicateSnowflakeThing

Ciels Lady Grey

• Administrators
  • 944 posts
  • LocationSitting in an English field having a picnic with Mr. B & Dr. G

Posted 13 March 2014 - 05:07 PM

So... I couldn't find Luke or Owen's heights, so I started this long post with math, trying to figure out everyone's height. (I finally found references in the bio cheat sheet.) Since they're all in reference to Sang's height... and the only reference to Sang's height is that Silas and North call her "tiny" and she is "Small enough that Victor thinks she's very young in his first scene with her" (per the bio cheat sheet).

So... any idea how tall Sang might actually be? If she really is tiny, that makes Victor and Gabriel pretty short, too. If she's more average, that could make Silas and North more freakishly tall than most of us think.

Yes, I know I'm totally over-thinking this. It's either that or re-read the series for the I-don't-know-how-many-th time.

Oh, and in case anyone wants the inside baseball math on the heights, I can copy/paste it.

CL said this about height estimates in the books:
Ô I didn't give height estimates with the guys or Sang. I never mention how tall she is, but she guesses their heights based on what she sees. And, everyone is taller than her. So, like for Victor, take your own height, add a handful of inches, and that's how tall he is. And, you'll all be right.

#5 rainsom

rainsom

Applicant/Testing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 13 March 2014 - 05:09 PM

Also remember somewhere it's stated that Marie is about a foot taller than Sang. 

Even if the  "about" is more like 7-8 inches, and Marie is really tall  (like 6 ft.  -ish), that puts Sang under 5'4".  

Honestly I want her to be at least 5'2" because I want all the guys to be taller.

This is because I am thisclose to being 6' myself and tall guys are a rarity in my live , LOL

I wouldn't mind seeing the math BTW  :)

• elac likes this

#6 DelicateSnowflakeThing

DelicateSnowflakeThing

Ciels Lady Grey

• Administrators
  • 944 posts
  • LocationSitting in an English field having a picnic with Mr. B & Dr. G

Posted 13 March 2014 - 05:14 PM

I don't mind not knowing exactly. I feel like I can put myself in Sangs place easier. You roughly know how much taller the boys are than you and go with it!
  • bethw and Princess Nichole like this

#7 Susie_Rose

Susie_Rose

Applicant/Testing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis, MO

Posted 14 March 2014 - 12:57 AM

I am only 5'2" myself, so I feel like I can pretty easily put myself in her place. I would think she only maybe has a couple inches on me.

#8 prepgirls

prepgirls

In Training

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 10:42 AM

I'm only 5 ft tall and always picture Sang as the same (though I'm not petite:-D)
  • Princess Nichole likes this

#9 Princess81

Princess81

In Training

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts
  • LocationFlorence, Oregon

Posted 15 March 2014 - 03:22 AM

im 4 feet 11 inches, so i can imagine, everyone is taller than me anyway lol

#10 Victor's Princess

Victor's Princess

Closed Adoptant

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationConcord N.C

Posted 17 March 2014 - 03:04 PM

I don't mind not knowing exactly. I feel like I can put myself in Sangs place easier. You roughly know how much taller the boys are than you and go with it!

I agree I just picture her as my height and then the guys are a head taller than that!  Who soesnt ove a man that can fold you in their arms!

"Who do we look like? The Hardy Boys?" :wub:

#11 usrmams1

usrmams1

In Training

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts
  • LocationJasper, GA

Posted 20 March 2014 - 04:22 AM

Beth thank you for this post.  I thought my obsession with series was going over the top when I started rereading introductions just to get the approximate heights.  It feels good to know that I am not the only one.  In my head, I am thinking that Sang is about 5' 2" - 5' 3"

#12 Vandinosaur8

Vandinosaur8

Applicant/Testing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 11:10 PM

These are the heights that I have in my head for everybody:

Sang: 5'4"

Kota: 5'11"

Victor: 5'8"

Silas: 6'8"

Nathan: 6'0"

Gabriel: 5'9"

Luke: 6'2"

North: 6'5"

Dr. Green: 6'0"

Mr. Blackbourne: 6'2"

I had wondered for a while what their heights might be so I used the references in the books and estimated on my own. Mr. Blackbourne didn't really get a height reference so I kinda just guestimated. Hope this helps. 

• Dani, kr2e, tillykaye and 1 other like this

#13 Dani

Dani

In Training

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 341 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 19 June 2014 - 02:47 PM

I had wondered for a while what their heights might be so I used the references in the books and estimated on my own. Mr. Blackbourne didn't really get a height reference so I kinda just guestimated. Hope this helps. 

I like this spread. These heights seem to work with the story. 

I'm giving up on make Sang closer to my height in my imagination because it just isn't feasible. I have discovered other series where the heroine/main character is tall, so I'll let Sang be short. 

#14 StyledByGabe

StyledByGabe

Three Amigos Supervisor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 773 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 24 June 2014 - 06:18 AM

Consider also, Sang and the 7 guys are 15/16 years old. They may still have some growth spurts ahead of them. That would mix things up, if some of them changed positions on the comparative height chart!

#15 kcrandall62

kcrandall62

Closed Adoptant

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 08:55 PM

Don't over think it. I am 5' 7". I have a 17 year son who is 6'3" and a 18 year old son who is 6' 4". It's feaseable. They can still have grow up to 21 years old!

#16 free little bird

free little bird

Closed Adoptant

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 11:48 PM

Van dinosaur--that's perfect! That's exactly how I pictured them.

#17 Northlover

Northlover

Applicant/Testing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 16 July 2014 - 12:35 AM

Vandinosaur, those sound like good heights, maybe that's why Silas and North are always lifting her off the floor or she lays her head on their chest and not in the neck area

#18 GoodeLiar

GoodeLiar

Closed Adoptant

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 29 July 2014 - 04:43 AM

I am thoroughly impressed with all the work that went into figuring this out and this definitely helps me picture them better :)

#19 Smartypants

Smartypants

Closed Adoptant

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationEverywhere. Nowhere.

Posted 31 July 2014 - 01:18 AM

The only problem with putting myself in her shoes is that I'm 5'9 so I picture all the guys being over 6' ft cause I picture then all being taller lol. And then I have to remember they are only sophomores in high school not like 18 to 20 somethings so probably much shorter than I thought lol

#20 BelindaxXx94

BelindaxXx94

Closed Adoptant

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom, Peterborough

Posted 31 July 2014 - 09:08 AM

Those heights are pretty easy to imagine actually :) thank you
BelindaMay

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Sang, Silas