#21 ft_NorthLove

ft_NorthLove

Applicant/Testing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
  • LocationThe Frozen Tundra

Posted 01 August 2014 - 02:10 AM

Don't over think it. I am 5' 7". I have a 17 year son who is 6'3" and a 18 year old son who is 6' 4". It's feaseable. They can still have grow up to 21 years old!

My boys are young (5 & 6), but my 6 year old is only a foot shorter than me right now. This momma is also going to be in the same boat as you!

Van dinosaur what you put sounds like what I thought as well!

Faith

#22 cthomson

cthomson

Closed Adoptant

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Locationpeterborough uk

Posted 03 August 2014 - 05:17 PM

I can imagine the boys at the boys all around 6 feet ish and sang at 5'4 ish.

#23 Princess Nichole

Princess Nichole

Applicant/Testing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationSpringfield, OR

Posted 03 August 2014 - 07:30 PM

I don't think i ever have it much thought. They are all taller and i just make it up as i go depending on where they are in the story. Sometimes, the boys seem a little taller or shorter depending on if they are comforting her, saving her, it reprimanding her
  • StyledByGabe likes this

#24 Pipperoni

Pipperoni

Applicant/Testing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 05:20 AM

This is perfect, I was just re-reading Introductions to try and get my own height chart in place for them. xD It's just something that stuck in my mind, and wouldn't go away until I found a solution for it. 

I was trying to place Sang around my own height/size (5'6"ish, size 0/2, since they always say she's so tiny), but that didn't make sense. It seemed too tall. So in my mind, I see her as being a little short, and more petite than I am. 

The boys heights make sense in the chart too - most of they guys I know are just below or taller than 6', so that's kind of my "average" that I place guys at. So of course, I picture most of the guys being that tall, or much taller, in Silas' case especially. 

#25 3mily

3mily

In Training

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 08:21 AM

Keep in mind FEMALES can grow until about 21 and MALES can grow until 25.

#26 tillykaye

tillykaye

Closed Adoptant

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 07:12 PM

I like to think of all the boys as quite tall compared to Sang as its so cute when they hug her and make her feel all safe

#27 praiasdoBrasil88

praiasdoBrasil88

Closed Adoptant

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationFloripa

Posted 04 September 2014 - 10:36 PM

I agree with the boys would be taller near the 5'10 or 5'11 mark, not only because it's their actual height but also because the Academy gave them the confidence or ability to appear taller and bring about the correct posture or position to even appear taller than they are....Does that make sense???

#28 Naenae

Naenae

In Training

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 06 September 2014 - 11:06 AM

I have always just considered Sang being my height, but now I think about it even if Silas was 2.5 heads taller, he wouldn't be considered very tall.
I now know how tall Luke and Mr B are, so thank you Beth for starting this chat!

#29 Mrs. Laly Taylor

Mrs. Laly Taylor

Applicant/Testing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationOrlando, FL

Posted 07 September 2014 - 10:31 PM

I like your list ... with one exception ... I would assume that Nathan was taller than Luke, so i would revert their heights, making Luke 6.0 and Nathan 6.2 - Just because of the "sporty/athletic" vision that i have of him  -
Also i would see the duo Gabe/Luke more on the same level, they are like twins of different parents, like Thing 1 and Thing 2 ..... so i imagine them being on similar heights.... not too much difference between 5.9 and 6.0  ----  

And i'm thinking that Sang is around 5.2/5.3 max .... being considered so small by all of them. 

Thank you Bethw, the height thing was also eating me alive    .... hehe

and the list i'm refering to is Vandinosaur8 ...... my cat press enter before i completed my revision ..... sigh

♥Trust ♥your♥ family ♥

#30 MysteriousGirl

MysteriousGirl

Closed Adoptant

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 12:54 AM

I agree with Vandinosaur8 for the most part. It's a good estimate :)

#31 akansan

akansan

In Training

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 04:00 PM

I'm so glad I wasn't the only one!  As I was re-reading the books before HoK, I had these same thoughts going through my head.  Silas's hugs, where he lifts her up with an arm under her butt only made me wonder more.  I'm 5'3", and I've dated a guy that was 6'2"...and felt engulfed in his hugs.  I cannot imagine hugging someone that was an additional 6" taller than that.  You'd be staring at his stomach with a "normal" hug!

I'd finally (in my mind) put the "half a head" and "head" taller as best guestimates on her part, or hoped that Victor, Gabe, and Luke had a growth spurt coming up.  I can live with them being 5'8"...but that's the shortest I can live with mentally (lol) and that would put Silas as mammoth at 7'.

(I have a cousin that's 6'8" - he gets noticed way too frequently for his height.  I would have thought someone would have commented on Silas's height in one of the books if he was even taller than that.)

#32 britt.mac

britt.mac

Closed Adoptant

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 15 November 2014 - 04:56 AM

I so appreciate that people have spelt this out cause it was bugging me...what kind of measurement is a head?

#33 Vandinosaur8

Vandinosaur8

Applicant/Testing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 09:59 PM

I so appreciate that people have spelt this out cause it was bugging me...what kind of measurement is a head?

When I looked up "a head taller" it said like 8-10 inches

#34 brighter_eyes

brighter_eyes

Closed Adoptant

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 12:35 AM

I like the idea of Sang being 5'3" and that a few of the guys will still grow a little more in the next year or so. Gabe is turning 16 when the books get to his birthday so I think there is still a chance for him to grow a bit taller.

#35 elac

elac

Closed Adoptant

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 01:34 AM

Hmmm... Heights are a crazy thing to me. One of my uncles grew 2-3 inches after he joined the navy making him 6'6 1/2". My other uncle was 6'5. I'm 5'8 and my hubby is 5'6. Our two daughters are 5'2 and 5'3. I was thinking of Sang being around my daughter's height and Kota being around my husband's (leaving room to grow). It's just easy to see that in my head because I have references.   :)​ 

#36 ladybugtastic

ladybugtastic

Applicant/Testing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationMy imagination

Posted 06 December 2014 - 02:31 AM

I'm hoping that a couple of the shorter guys go through a smidgen of a growth spurt at some point, but I do like that Sang is quite a bit shorter than all of them.  :)

#37 jarowa

jarowa

Closed Adoptant

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 06 December 2014 - 09:13 PM

This is what my friend and I think their heights are!

Sang-5'1.5"

Kota-5'10"

Victor- 5'6"

Silas -6'5"

Nathan- 5'10"

Gabe- 5'6"

Luke- 5'10"

North-6'3"

Sean- 5'10"

Owen- 6'0"

These heights are in comparison to what height we see Sang as.

#38 CinnamonSnowpineX

CinnamonSnowpineX

Closed Adoptant

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 10:04 AM

Kota: "a head taller than Sang"

Victor: "half a head taller than Sang"

Silas: "a head and a half taller than Kota"

Nathan: about Kota's height

Gabriel: about Victor's height

Luke: half a head taller than Sang (I really thought he'd be taller... at least he is, in my head)

North: almost as tall as Silas

Sean: about Kota's height

Owen: a little taller than Kota

Yasss description on point!! I found a pic for this as a visual :) It kind of solidified everything for me

a8bdc78a4858dc3b4c8cb5a5104af441.jpg

• purplecherryblossom, StyledByGabe, briana_elisaa and 1 other like this

#39 LovinGBseries

LovinGBseries

Crazy between books

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 834 posts
  • LocationWashington State

Posted 06 January 2017 - 12:32 PM

Yasss description on point!! I found a pic for this as a visual :) It kind of solidified everything for me

a8bdc78a4858dc3b4c8cb5a5104af441.jpg

Not sure where you found this but Thank You SO Much for sharing it!!!!!!

Definitely nails it and whoever put it together did a GREAT job!
  • purplecherryblossom and StyledByGabe like this

#40 purplecherryblossom

purplecherryblossom

The Anti-Hugger

• Administrators
  • 505 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 06 January 2017 - 04:01 PM

Oh wow!!  I love that!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Sang, Silas