#1 Alisa k

Alisa k

In Training

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh

Posted 10 February 2014 - 01:23 PM

So I know a lot of us are part of the Facebook group, but I don't use Facebook much, so I figure it would be cool to do a "getting to know you" thread on here :). Obviously only share what your comfortable with sharing :)

What's your name, age, location, hobbies, favorite tv shows, music, Favorite non-academy books (we obviously all love the academy), Favorite boy, favorite scene from books, and anything else you can think of :)
  • DelicateSnowflakeThing, Hiddenheartseeker, Academy Boys💚 and 2 others like this

#2 Alisa k

Alisa k

In Training

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh

Posted 10 February 2014 - 01:36 PM

I'll start :)

My name is alisa (obviously)
I'm 28 years old from Pennsylvania USA
I like reading, sewing, and general crafting
My fav tv shows are the walking dead, ghost adventures and twisted (on abc family)
(I'm going to date myself with my music haha) but I love fall out boy, panic at the disco, a day to remember and 4years strong
I've got lots of guilty pleasure book series, fallen crest series, the breath series, Keaton chronicles, the private series and lots more... I really love reading

My fav academy boy is a toss up between north and mr b, my favorite scenes are the bathtub scene with victor, the self defense training Kota and stage scene with mr b
  • ladybug4 and megumi愛 like this

#3 DelicateSnowflakeThing

DelicateSnowflakeThing

Ciels Lady Grey

• Administrators
  • 944 posts
  • LocationSitting in an English field having a picnic with Mr. B & Dr. G

Posted 10 February 2014 - 02:01 PM

Katy, 34, Kent, England. I'm a stay at home Mum with two little munchkins, but am just at the beginning of starting up as a paper cutter
Music - Vampire Weekend, Mumford & sons, Johnny Fflyn & Edward Sharpe & the Magnet Zeros
Tv show - The Big Bang Theory
Films - Big on films. Love Wes Anderson, but am a sucker for the new Star Trek franchise that could be because of Chris Pine ;0)
Favourite book - I can't think beyond the Academy at the moment!
Favourite boy - well I love them all of cause but Mr Blackbourne & Dr Green are top followed by Kota & Victor
Favourite scene - I keep re-reading the final scene of DofD where Mr Blackbourne gives Sang the flowers. My heart does a little flutter when he touches her neck 'that soft turn of affection' & says 'Stay with us. Always'. Love it!
  • MaryT, ladybug4, northstar33 and 2 others like this

#4 Guest_☆flick☆_*

Guest_☆flick☆_*
  • Open Adoptant

Posted 10 February 2014 - 02:01 PM

Hi!!

I'm felicity
I'm 30 years old, married with 3 daughters aged 5,3 and 15 months (lucky husband haha)
I live in Ramsgate, England on the south east coast
I love love love US TV programmes, NCIS, vampire diaries, glee, Bones to name a few. ..
I'm a stay at home mum so my hobbies (after housework) include loads of reading and baths without little visitor's!!
I like different types of music but boybands of the late 90's and r'n'b are top of my favourite's list
Guilty pleasure reading (apart from the academy) would be the Harry potter books, twilight, mills and boons books

Top 3 boys are North (love a bad boy), Sean (hello doctor at 19!) and Gabriel (who wouldn't want a personal shopper), don't have a stand out favourite scene but flirty Sean (minor surgery) and North trying to be frustrated with Sang but failing are top events for me :)
  • minfin likes this

#5 Alisa k

Alisa k

In Training

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh

Posted 10 February 2014 - 02:25 PM

I'm a stay at home mom too :) 2 kiddo, 3 (girl) and 15 months (boy). I totally forgot one of my favorites too! Bones is my absolute favorite show!!!

#6 DelicateSnowflakeThing

DelicateSnowflakeThing

Ciels Lady Grey

• Administrators
  • 944 posts
  • LocationSitting in an English field having a picnic with Mr. B & Dr. G

Posted 10 February 2014 - 02:28 PM

Forgot to - Hi, nice to meet you all!

#7 Guest_☆flick☆_*

Guest_☆flick☆_*
  • Open Adoptant

Posted 10 February 2014 - 02:32 PM

LOVE bones (mainly for booth), loved David borenaz in Buffy, then in Angel and started watching Bones to see if he was any good in a different role and fell in love all over again :)
  • MaryT likes this

#8 Alisa k

Alisa k

In Training

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh

Posted 10 February 2014 - 02:38 PM

Mmmmmm David Boreanaz yumm. Haha he's my adult celeb crush haha, I don't feel like a dirty old woman crushing on him :)
  • minfin and Nariah like this

#9 MaryT

MaryT

Applicant/Testing

• Scarab Beetle
  • 29 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 02:41 PM

LOVE bones (mainly for booth), loved David borenaz in Buffy, then in Angel and started watching Bones to see if he was any good in a different role and fell in love all over again :)

I have to agree with you on David!!!  Loved Buffy and Angel, butt he was even better as an FBI agent!!!

Oh, Hi, I'm Mary.  I am also a stay at home mom and love everything Academy!!  

#10 Guest_☆flick☆_*

Guest_☆flick☆_*
  • Open Adoptant

Posted 10 February 2014 - 02:42 PM

He's like a fine wine, just gets better with age hahaha ;)
  • MaryT, Alisa k and BlackBourneIdentity like this

#11 AcademyGirlEllie

AcademyGirlEllie

Applicant/Testing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 04:01 PM

Name: Ellie

Hobbies: Reading, Making earrings, did I say Reading? Going to the movies, Chat room Creative Writing

Favorite TV Shows: Dr. Who, Bones, Marvel's Agents of S.H.E.I.L.D. Top Chef, Ghost Hunters, Face Off

Music: I have very eclectic tastes, I love most music from the Beatles  to Taylor Swift etc.

Favorite Non- Academy Books: Anything by Sherrilyn Kenyon, Mythos Academy by Jennifer Estep, New Species Series by Laurann Dohner, plus many more

Favorite Boy: SILAS KORBA, followed closely by North, Nathan, Victor/Dr Green tied for 4th, Gabe and Luke are in 5th and Kota/Mr Blackbourne are in 6th. Though I love them all

Favorite Scene: Book 5 DoD: Sang and Silas in the car...

• minfin likes this
Ellie

I need new Spoilers like I need air!

Αγαπώ τα αγόρια Ακαδημία

#12 PurpleAce

PurpleAce

In Training

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • LocationKentucky, USA

Posted 10 February 2014 - 04:05 PM

Favorite TV Shows: Dr. Who

YES!!! Me too!!! Take on new doctor?

#13 AcademyGirlEllie

AcademyGirlEllie

Applicant/Testing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 04:18 PM

Favorite TV Shows: Dr. Who

YES!!! Me too!!! Take on new doctor?

I don't know, but then again I said that when Matt Smith became the Doctor so I am waiting to see and reserving judgement until after I've seen him in action.

Ellie

I need new Spoilers like I need air!

Αγαπώ τα αγόρια Ακαδημία

#14 rainsom

rainsom

Applicant/Testing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 10 February 2014 - 04:40 PM

Name: Kath

Hobbies: Reading, Movies (when I have a job I go weekly) . I'm an good audience. 

Favorite TV Shows:Revolution, Marvel's Agents of S.H.E.I.L.D., Firefly, Criminal Minds (big old Mathew Gray Gubler fan), any house flipping show

Music: I like bits of almost everything, except polka and mariachi.  Srsly, from symphony , to dub-step, to Lou Reed, to Doug Kershaw.

Favorite Non- Academy Books: Harlan Ellison, Theodore Sturgeon, Lois Lenski, Betty Smith, Scot Westerfeld,

Favorite Boy:Hmm Mr. Blackbourne and Dr. Green, yes please!  Luke and Gabe would be my best friends, Kota my younger brother.Silas would be my favorite to just hag with and muse about life. North and Nathan would be my favorite people to get all yelly and shouty with.You have to have good friends to firght with after all Though I love them all

Favorite Scene: Book 5 Victor jumping out of the tub to protect Sang from his father.

• Peanut, ladybug4 and Ilovetheacademy like this

#15 nellebean

nellebean

Applicant/Testing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 04:41 PM

Hi. I'm Janelle, and I'm a stay at home mom, too.
Makes me feel better to know that there are people here my age. I feel less... I don't know the word, but I'm an adult that loves YA fiction. What can I say? I love a little light romance that makes my heart go pitter-patter, but I prefer that what goes on behind bedroom doors be left to the imagination. Also, I like to live in a fantasy world where teenagers don't have sex. I'm going to be in so much trouble when my daughter grows up...
I live in Arizona, and I met my husband when we were 14 year old freshmen in high school.
TV. I used to be tv addict. I had to introduce myself when y'all mentioned Buffy and David Boreanaz. Current likes: The Big Bang Theory, New Girl, Grey's Anatomy, MTV's The Challenge, Almost Human (Karl Urban! Hot!), Super Fun Night, Top Chef, Ink Masters.
Books. I think my last favorite, before The Academy, was Divergent. I read a lot of free kindle stuff, and most of it isn't worth remembering, so that puts me at a disadvantage when I have to list favorites. Stardust. Neil Gaiman. Loved the movie. Loved the book.

Academy favorites... Hmm... It's hard to pick because I like bits and pieces of almost all of them. Today I think I like the Three Musketeers the best: Gabe, Luke, and Nathan. Poor lonely Nathan, insecure Gabe, and observant Luke... can't wait to find out more about Luke. Favorite scene- I like it every time Sang and Kota get intimate: the nose nuzzles, jaw kisses, the training scene, his eyes. The way Sang includes him in her thoughts. Sigh....
  • Mefish, megumi愛 and ellamara16 like this

#16 PurpleAce

PurpleAce

In Training

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • LocationKentucky, USA

Posted 10 February 2014 - 04:58 PM

I don't know, but then again I said that when Matt Smith became the Doctor so I am waiting to see and reserving judgement until after I've seen him in action.

I kinda like that they are switching up his age though. And he was great in Fires of Pompeii when Tennent was with Noble. Love his outfit. Can't wait to see more of his personality though.

#17 Peanut

Peanut

In Training

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 246 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 10 February 2014 - 05:08 PM

Name: Ellie

Haha you're too funny 

• ellamara16 likes this

#18 car3934

car3934

Applicant/Testing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationWinder,Ga

Posted 10 February 2014 - 05:10 PM

Hi 

My name is Caroline

I am 14

I live in Winder,Ga 

I want to be a surgeon

My hobbies are: softball, reading,i watch a few korean dramas,playing flappy bird ,and like everybody else social media

My favorite tv shows are: Marvel's Agents of Shield,Teen Wolf,The Vampire Diaries,The Originals,The Fosters, Switched at Birth,Twisted,Arrow,Once Upon a Time,Greys Anatomy,The Lying Game, Ravenswood, Pretty Little Liars,and The Tomorrow People

My favorite music : a group called The Aziatix ( they are great), Panic! at the Disco, and Eminem

My favorite books depend on what im interested in and what im reading at the time, like right now im readin Insurgent ( cant wait to see Divergent next month)

My favorite academy boy depends on what they're doing, like when Victor got in the bathtub with Sang, Victor was my favorite

My favorite scene has to be when Sang and North were arguing and Sang flipped him over

If i had to choose whether to make this series into a movie or a tv show i would choose the tv show

• Stephanie S F, megumi愛 and ellamara16 like this

#19 Courtney

Courtney

Closed Adoptant

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 10 February 2014 - 05:16 PM

Hi! I'm Courtney, I'm 27 and I live in ohio. I've been with my husband for 8 years, married 5. I have 2 dogs, no kids yet. Tv shows I like are hart of dixie, American horror story, Greys anatomy(oh my goodness-that last episode!!), and reruns of Roseanne. I like to read a lot, I breeze right through book after book. My favorite academy guy is victor, then probably dr green. My favorite scene is any of the a reports, I love reading fr their pov.
I'm happy to be here!
  • ellamara16 likes this

#20 princess_wendie

princess_wendie

In Training

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 10 February 2014 - 05:18 PM

Hi I am Wendie 31 from California. I am normally a preschool teacher, but am staying home with my kids 6&4 for the next few years at least. I enjoy Bones, Covert Affairs, Burn Notice, Big Bang Theory, and Sleepy Hollow. However since I discovered the free e books avilable I have missed almost the entire last season of them all. I spend every moment I can reading. So the tv is usually tuned in to Disney jr. My facorite book is often the one i am reading at the moment , i read the first two books in the Selection series/ trilogy last night so now I have to wait for the third in May. I loved the characters and was fustrated with them. I have to know the ending, but I am not sure will like it. I am with CL, I hate that she has to choose, one of the reasons I loved the Twilight books is because they all got their happy ever after. She may only "be" with one but gets to keep and love them both forever. I love all the guys and am so glad Sang wont have to choose between them. I think my favorite is North followed closely by Gabriel, Luke, Silas , Mr. Blackbourne, Dr.Green, Nathan, Kota, and Victor. This is likely to change frequently though. Also: I love reading everyone else's posts on a daily basis however the mobile version ofthe forum does not allow me the option to "like" them and sometimes doesn't have the option to post either. Thanks for posting I need something to occupy me while waiting for the next release while I am doing my best to put off my house work. :)
  • ellamara16 likes this