#41 Guest_HiddenHeartFan_*

Guest_HiddenHeartFan_*
  • Open Adoptant

Posted 10 February 2014 - 10:23 PM

Name:Skyrosebe
kids: 2
Hobbies: Read, travel, Coffee, movies, TV
Favorite books. The Academy pride and prejudice Hunger Games, Harry Potter,
Fav TV shows: True Blood. Teen wolf, Walking Dead, Revolution, Tomorrow People, Reign Once upon a time
Fav Academy boy: Nathan Victor Dr Green and the rest...

#42 MaryT

MaryT

Applicant/Testing

• Scarab Beetle
  • 29 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 12:47 AM

Also love Dr Who. I'm mot sure about the new one, but then I still Tennant :0(

I am still missing David Tennant too!  I liked Christopher before him.  Butt, David is my fav.

• PurpleAce likes this

#43 Khaleesi

Khaleesi

In Training

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 401 posts
  • LocationMexico

Posted 11 February 2014 - 12:49 AM

Hey Hey, um, I guess I'll take a crack at this- I always have sucked with introductions... like really badly. 

My name is Simonne-Margaret, I am 20 years old.

I hail in from Canada- oh the great north, 3 feet of snow and an average of -11 degrees Celsius right now. Lovely, right?

Hobbies? This is where is gets sad- I am literally the most boring person in the world. I can say I like reading though. Eating is fun too- gotta enjoy that! Volunteering at the animal shelter in my area is something I enjoy, I am a natural animal person and helping them only makes the job so much more worth it. Oh! I enjoy all forms of winter sport too (you kind of have to with the copious amounts of snow that are around in the winter)

I don't fall under any Canadian stereotypes... I think. Maybe I am polite? I don't know. I don't say "aboot" (I'm not a Newfie- but even they don't have that accent). Um, I guess I do know french too, but that was something I was forced to take from grade one until the end of high school, soooooo.... But I think thats as "Über Canadian" as I get... Maybe?

I wish I could be all sophisticated and actually enjoy compositions such as Vivaldi and Bach, but I can't. I tend to favour artists like Azealia Banks, Iggy Azalea, and oh, The 1975 are fantastic- you MUST give them a try.

I have read hundreds of books, ranging in genre, so it is hard to pick out favourites, this Academy Series is definitely standing out in my mind though. It is simply excellent. I have enjoyed The Tiger's Curse series by Colleen Houck (not a reverse harem- the heroin has to choose) but it was quite splendid. Living Dead Girl by Elizabeth Scott was interesting as well, it is a graphic and sometimes can be brutal (depending on your sensitivity level). It is not about vampires or supernatural creatures, the main girl was kidnapped as a child and has grown up only knowing her captor and his twisted abuse- so tread lightly with this one.

As for this series, I don't have a favourite boy, as I seem to love them all equally. And picking only one scene would be impossible. But I can say I am wound so tight with excitement about book 6. I really just wish I didn't have to wait five months for it. I pray CL doesn't make us wait another five months after for book 7, because I don't think my heart could take it, haha.

But yeah, Hello everyone here in the Academy Fandom! It is wonderful to meet you all :)

Good idea Mona, I think I'm gonna start praying too for book 6 to be released sooner haha

#44 KVSNGLNSOlover

KVSNGLNSOlover

In Training

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • LocationMadison, WI

Posted 11 February 2014 - 01:03 AM

Hey I'm Kendall 21, from Wisconsin. I'm currently in school at UW Madison and working towards med school! My main hobby is READING , but I love hanging with my girls and my boy;) (sadly we can't all have nine smoking hot prices of meet so I'll settle for my hunky babe ;) ) I also play basketball and help coach my little sister with my dad! I'm working towards going into sports medicine! For music I'd definitely have to go with country! As far as tv goes I love all the crime shows out there! Along with the bachelor of course! My favorite series besides this one is either the night huntress series or the grey wolves series! My favorite boy is all of them! I mean if sang is'not gonna choose I am most definitely am not;)! My favorite scene as of now is the one where victor finds her passed out in the shower and how he makes her laugh!:) but it will change depending on which book and scene I'm currently reading!!
  • Mona likes this
Kota🔎 Victor🎹 Silas⚾️ Nathan🏊 Gabriel🎨 Luke🙈 North🔧 Sean💉 Owen🎻
Marc💋 Corey🎮 Brandon😎 Raven🔫 Axel🐠

#45 Jenn

Jenn

Applicant/Testing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 01:05 AM

Name: Jenn - Original, I know

Hobbies: Reading, reading, reading..

Favorite TV Shows: Big Bang Theory, Top Chef, Master Chef

Music: Classic Rock

Favorite Non- Academy Books: So many... To many to name... 

Favorite Boy: Kota, North Victor, Silas, Luke, Gabe Nathan... Yeah, so not in that order.

Favorite Scene: Victor in the bathtub, and the end of book 5 where Victor and North are talking about how they both love Sang, and Victor assumes for a while there that North would win her...  That she would pick North... Oh and Mr. Blackbourne with the roses at the concert...  Yeah Sigh... 

I wish I was a stay at home mom, but since I have to work, I do actually work for the best company ever!

I am not on facebook and I am probably the oldest one here. Yay Me!

#46 kpacademygirl

kpacademygirl

Applicant/Testing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 11 February 2014 - 01:47 AM

Hi I'm Kelly! I'll be turning 30 this summer and I'm a stay at home with my 5yr. old boy, 3 yr. old boy, and 1 yr. old girl. We live in southern Minnesota with my amazing husband of 7 years :)  I love reading above all else! My favorite t.v. show is Pysch and Gilmore Girls. Favorite books besides the academy are hard to narrow down, but a few would be Kate Daniels series by Ilona Andrews, Study series by Maria Snyder, Harry potter, Twilight, Pride series by Shelly Laurenston, and the Halle series by Dana Marie Bell. I continually surprise myself by how different my favorite books are from each other except they always seem to have an element of the paranormal until I read the academy and now I'm certain I have MPRD (Multiple Personality Reading Disorder). I have a difficult time choosing a favorite boy since every time I pick up a book it changes. It actually usually changes as I read so I am so glad we will never have to choose between our Academy boys!  Totally suffering in a book slump at the moment and have picked up 5 different books in a row and stopped reading them halfway through because nothing is good enough anymore. I think I will need to entertain myself with an Academy re-read until Thief comes out. To make it interesting I'm going to look for favorite quotes to start adding to Goodreads ;)

• Blackbirde and Swalker05 like this

#47 kpacademygirl

kpacademygirl

Applicant/Testing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 11 February 2014 - 02:02 AM

Oh I can't believe I forgot Written in Red by Anne Bishop it was insta-love just like with the Academy! I literally read it 3 times in 2 weeks and am counting down to the release of Murder of Crows as soon as I have Thief in my hands.

#48 rainsom

rainsom

Applicant/Testing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 11 February 2014 - 02:36 AM

Name: Jenn - Original, I know

I wish I was a stay at home mom, but since I have to work, I do actually work for the best company ever!

I am not on facebook and I am probably the oldest one here. Yay Me!

Well, it says I've hit my "lile quota" again.

I'll give you a run for the age thing though. In 6th grade the hottist band was the Monkees & the Cowsills , LOL

• Mefish likes this

#49 MichelleAggele

MichelleAggele

In Training

• Scarab Beetle
  • 155 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 11 February 2014 - 04:38 AM

Hey all, I'm Michelle (just in case that wasn't obvious)
I am a 15yr old stuck in a 35 year old body
I currently live in Northern California but grew up in Sparks, NV
I am single, no kids and I am the receptionist at my church.
My obsessions are Reading, movies, horseback riding, acting (you can see me walking up and down the streets in the movie Fruitvale Station), having my picture taken (some of those can be seen in Europe, although they were taken in San Francisco)
My Favorite TV Shows: Roswell is my all time favorite, Gilmore Girls, anything on ABC Family, Covert Affairs, Glee, and a million more (hey I'm an actor - I claim it as research/homework)
For music I adore 90's rock, 80's big hair bands, country, Christian (Anthem Lights is my favorite).
My Favorite Non- Academy Books would be anything by Robin Jones Gunn, Karen Kingsbury, Rachel Higginson, Harry Potter, Twilight.
I am a Silas girl, THE Silas girl actually!! ;-). All other boys tie for 2nd
Favorite Scene: Too many to count, but the first that comes to mind is North in the car after the party....HOT!!!!
That's me in a nutshell.

Silas' girl Michelle"

#50 CrisJ

CrisJ

In Training

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 677 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 11 February 2014 - 05:02 AM

Hi fellow Academy people!
Name: Crisol (yes real name)
Hobbies: Reading, YouTube, school work and oh yeah more reading!
Favorite show: Teen Wolf, Big Bang Theory, The Fosters, American Horror Story, Fresh Prince of Bel Air
Music: No real specific genre or band just whatever I find to catch my attention and I can dance to :)
Favorite Non Academy Books: Lost & Found Nicole Williams, Walking Disaster & Beautiful Disaster Jamie McGuire, Fallen Crest Series Tijan Chocolate Lovers series Tava Sivec, and so many more...
Favorite Boy: Kota hands down... Blackbourne a close second ( I got a thing for cute guys that can rock glasses) then Nathan, Dr.Green, North, Victor, Gabriel, Silas and Luke (all in a tie for 3rd place)
Favorite scene: Pretty much all of Sang and Kota alone scenes together...and Blackbourne at the concert and roses (dammit Owen! Admit you love the girl already!)

I am a senior in high school and if all goes well I am graduating this year. I love this series and my only complaint is that we have to wait so long between books GRRRRR!!! But if means getting the kinda books C L Stone is busting out then it's well worth the wait! Can't wait for this new series coming out. I wanna meet Kayli and this new group of Academy boys!
  • Stephanie S F likes this

#51 Peanut

Peanut

In Training

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 246 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 11 February 2014 - 10:16 AM

My Favorite TV Shows: Roswell is my all time favorite, Gilmore Girls, anything on ABC Family, Covert Affairs, Glee, and a million more (hey I'm an actor - I claim it as research/homework)

Michelle, 

Roswell was such a milestone in my life! I was so sad that it ended. Still got Majandra Delfino's mp3 singing 'In the Air tonight' on my playlist!! 

I even asked my cousin to make me a bracelet with Jason's Behr name...

You just made me take the most awesome memory lane! Thank you soo much  :lol:

• SarahAllison and zakado like this

#52 Peanut

Peanut

In Training

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 246 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 11 February 2014 - 10:32 AM

Hey birds!

So here is 411 on me lol

Name: Paloma
Hobbies: Reading, eating, playing games (PS3) and watching my favorites tv shows and recently, running.
Favorite TV Shows: Dear Lord, I watch everything! Seriously, I would take E!'s anchor Kirsten job in a sec haha
Right now my faves are: Game of Thrones, Parks an Rec, Sherlock, Walking Dead, Justified, The Good Wife, Sons of Anarchy, Revenge, Elementary, Suburgatory, Enlisted... see what I mean? lol
Music: Everything... depends on my mood.
Favorite Non- Academy Books: Feral Sins, FCP, With Me Series from K. Proby, Blackdagger Brotherhood, Dublin Street Series, Beautiful Series...
Favorite Boy: Now is Gabe... Yesterday was North 
Favorite Scene: The Runway and the closet scene with North.

#53 MichelleAggele

MichelleAggele

In Training

• Scarab Beetle
  • 155 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 11 February 2014 - 06:12 PM

Peanut I love Majandra singing that song!! I actually just watched that episode on Sunday!!!! My favorite scene is the Alex strip tease!! I see so much of Tom Hanks in Colin!! (Tom Hanks, or Hanx as he refers to himself is actually really good friends with my favorite acting teacher)

Silas' girl Michelle"

#54 Tomoe

Tomoe

In Training

• Team Leads
  • 92 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 11 February 2014 - 07:42 PM

I'm Aurélia, 33 years old for the moment, I'm french and I live near Paris.

I have 3 daughters and I work at home to create hair accessories

• MichelleAggele and PurpleAce like this

- Aurélia -

#55 Tashadon

Tashadon

In Training

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 07:59 PM

What kind of hairclips do you make?

#56 PurpleAce

PurpleAce

In Training

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • LocationKentucky, USA

Posted 11 February 2014 - 08:01 PM

I'm Aurélia, 33 years old for the moment, I'm french and I live near Paris.
I have 3 daughters and I work at home to create hair accessories

Pais was so beautiful!
  • Tomoe likes this

#57 Tomoe

Tomoe

In Training

• Team Leads
  • 92 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 11 February 2014 - 08:01 PM

What kind of hairclips do you make?

Mostly floral crowns and items like that for weddings  :)

- Aurélia -

#58 Tashadon

Tashadon

In Training

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 08:16 PM

Oh Lovely! Do you have photos or a website?

#59 Tomoe

Tomoe

In Training

• Team Leads
  • 92 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 11 February 2014 - 08:17 PM

Oh Lovely! Do you have photos or a website?

Yes, I'll give you the link by pm  ;)

- Aurélia -

#60 Tashadon

Tashadon

In Training

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 08:19 PM

Thank You!

• Tomoe likes this