Chapter 9-Negative Numbers

#2 Jme 1983

Jme 1983

In Training

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 04:34 PM

I love that we are getting more insight to the boys' relationships with each other...how much they care for each other...it is good to see that Kota is at least open to start talking to Sean...though it's clearly making Sean question his own standing with Sang...They are all so tired and stressed...our poor boys!:'(
  • purplecherryblossom, StyledByGabe and LovinGBseries like this

#3 StyledByGabe

StyledByGabe

Three Amigos Supervisor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 819 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 21 June 2017 - 08:47 AM

There was a lot of insight in this chapter:

Sean reveals what he feels about his tiger mom -- she never listens to him, she doesn't care what's in his heart, at one time she convinced him that she knew what was best.

Sean wasn't convinced that Owen had a good plan concerning Sang. Watch out, Sean might go rogue! (Well, more than he did by being invited to dinner.)

Kota didn't have permission from Owen to phone Sang. Watch out, rule-obeying Kota is going rogue, too!

Kota is in turmoil over his conversation with Sang . He has to start counting to calm himself. He feels awful about Sang's present situation. He's not convinced, either, that Owen's plans for dealing with Sang's family are sound. (Owen! The natives are restless!)

The Academy had previously tried to obtain Sang's release from her father.

Big OMG reveal from Sean about Mr Blackbourne: "HE LOVES HER." What!!???!? That came out of nowhere. Would Owen agree with his conclusion? C.L. had said he'd admit it to Sang when he felt it, though C.L. can change her mind about that.

Kota reveals he loves Sang, too. And that he thinks Sang hates him. Didn't he hear the longing in Sang's voice when they spoke?

Sean is jealous of Owen. He notices how Sang longs for Owen's approval, but not how she lights up when Sean's around. Pffft! Juicy relationship drama. Just what we'd hoped for!

Is there something going on with Owen, that he's not answering his text message?
  • purplecherryblossom, prepgirls, LovinGBseries and 3 others like this

#4 LovinGBseries

LovinGBseries

Crazy between books

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 841 posts
  • LocationWashington State

Posted 21 June 2017 - 03:04 PM

All GREAT points StyledByGabe!!

I LOVED the scene between Sean and Kota!!!
I think Kota was crying after talking to Sang.
Intrigued with Kota saying,
He'd never break the rules for anyone, not one of us.
He realizes that Mr B's relationship with Sang is going to be different than with the rest of them. Jealous?
  • purplecherryblossom, prepgirls, StyledByGabe and 3 others like this

#5 StyledByGabe

StyledByGabe

Three Amigos Supervisor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 819 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 07 August 2017 - 05:01 PM

Rereading this chapter again, I was pondering Sean and Kota talking about Owen, and Kota saying, "He hasn't been following the rules since he met her. I should have seen it before. He'd never break the rules for anyone, not for any of us."

Which rule is Kota talking about? Are these Academy rules we don't know about? Is it just the "careful who you let into the group" rule that Mr Blackbourne has? Does anyone have any insight?
  • prepgirls and LovinGBseries like this

#6 LovinGBseries

LovinGBseries

Crazy between books

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 841 posts
  • LocationWashington State

Posted 08 August 2017 - 01:44 AM

That perked up my ears too. I'm short on ideas. The biggest I could think of, besides no bird in dog team, is possibly including her in their assignments and all the information she's had access to as a result. But based on what I understand of SB (haven't read) the same is happening there without Academy consequences. So maybe it's that, being said with a pirate aarg, "they're more like guidelines".

But if it is a hint of things to come when Mr B gets called out on his feelings for her and these rules he's been breaking, I'll be interested to hear it.

But it also brings up an interesting point. With Mr B being part of the plan, the guys will also have to come to terms with one team member always getting special treatment. There inevitable cry a parent of multiple children will hear and have to deal with, You like them better!
  • StyledByGabe and Lauralass like this

Reply to this topic