#2 StyledByGabe

StyledByGabe

Three Amigos Supervisor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 810 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 20 June 2017 - 07:27 AM

Wow! Shock after shock in this chapter. By this time in the last book, Sang and Sean were already kissing. When will she get the opportunity to hang around with the boys now? It seems like this "stepmother" isn't as easily duped as the previous one.

It'll be weird to have another kid in the house. I hope he's not a douche. Poor Sang has a crappy choice ahead of her: Share a bedroom with a familiar sister who hates her, or a strange boy. Sounds like a lose-lose proposition to me.

The first thing that Sang thinks about when her father's divorce is mentioned is the danger to her ghost bird status. She's really turned into an Academy girl!
  • purplecherryblossom, prepgirls, LovinGBseries and 1 other like this

#3 Lauralass

Lauralass

In Training

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 12:54 PM

She is a true academy girl!!

Must admit that the relationship bliss between Carol and Mr Sorenson seems to be over...or he's slouching under the weight of the lies he has told...the man never seems happy with what he has, despite all the trouble he causes looking
  • purplecherryblossom, StyledByGabe, ladybug4 and 1 other like this

#4 Jme 1983

Jme 1983

In Training

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 02:10 PM

He's such a ...ugh..insert lots of bad names...and the worst taste in women...both don't seem very attractive...I am not sure his propensity for getting involved with controlling women is more evidence that Sang's mother was raped or not...
  • StyledByGabe and LovinGBseries like this

#5 StyledByGabe

StyledByGabe

Three Amigos Supervisor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 810 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 21 June 2017 - 12:43 AM

I just realized that although Sang and Marie are forbidden from leaving the house, Sang does have a job at the diner. Isn't that an acceptable excuse to leave the house, if she's scheduled to work? I'm sure Uncle would tell Sang's father what he needed to hear.

#6 LovinGBseries

LovinGBseries

Crazy between books

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 834 posts
  • LocationWashington State

Posted 21 June 2017 - 08:14 AM

First words
Is this her?
You're a mess.
Right into cleaning the house, the soon divorce and straight to moving...
What a delightful woman.

Had Marie known her dad was coming back????

Split the room in half with her teenage son? In what universe? But it does make what follows easier and we have less interaction with Marie - so small bonus there.

It was nice to see Marie get snapped into trouble just as she was trying to throw Sang under the bus.
  • purplecherryblossom, prepgirls, StyledByGabe and 3 others like this

#7 Dbaz74@yahoo.com

Dbaz74@yahoo.com

In Training

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 09:35 PM

I wonder if Mr and Mrs sorrenson get divorced if sang will be mentioned in the paperwork for custody or how that will work out. Carol now knows that sang is a kid in this household. If she isn't claimed in the divorce papers does this mean she can live with the guys?
  • StyledByGabe likes this

#8 Lauralass

Lauralass

In Training

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 09:45 PM

I think the academy lawyers would probably try to avoid putting Sang's name in a legal document because of her ghost status.

And if she isn't mentioned there would be no legal paper saying she couldn't live with the guys. They could try for emancipation but again would have to find a way to avoid her name ending up in legal documents
  • StyledByGabe likes this

#9 Dbaz74@yahoo.com

Dbaz74@yahoo.com

In Training

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 09:55 PM

The divorce might be the best thing for sang if she's not listed. Legally her dad, stepmother, or carol could do a thing about where she lives since she doesn't legally exist.

#10 Lauralass

Lauralass

In Training

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 10:03 PM

True...one time falling between the cracks would be a good thing. And your right none of them could say anything about it because as far as legalities go she doesn't exist...and a forged birth certificate wouldn't hold up in court either
  • StyledByGabe and Dbaz74@yahoo.com like this

#11 Dbaz74@yahoo.com

Dbaz74@yahoo.com

In Training

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 10:04 PM

I thought Mr sorrenson claimed the house in North Carolina on his tax returns as a vacation home. ..wouldn't the house be his to sell?
  • StyledByGabe, LovinGBseries and AddictiveReader like this

#12 Lauralass

Lauralass

In Training

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 10:06 PM

Yes he did...wow didn't think of that...if Carol's not careful she could end up with nothing!
  • StyledByGabe, LovinGBseries and Dbaz74@yahoo.com like this

#13 LovinGBseries

LovinGBseries

Crazy between books

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 834 posts
  • LocationWashington State

Posted 22 June 2017 - 11:20 PM

I thought Mr sorrenson claimed the house in North Carolina on his tax returns as a vacation home. ..wouldn't the house be his to sell?

I do keep wondering when she refers to it as her house. If it's claimed on his taxes I doubt her name is associated with it but I can't imagine her not knowing whose name is on the ownership of "her" house.
  • StyledByGabe, Lauralass and Dbaz74@yahoo.com like this

#14 Dbaz74@yahoo.com

Dbaz74@yahoo.com

In Training

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 11:51 PM

I do keep wondering when she refers to it as her house. If it's claimed on his taxes I doubt her name is associated with it but I can't imagine her not knowing whose name is on the ownership of "her" house.

It could be that she just calls it her house because she lived there. Not too different than how she is taking over the current house.
  • StyledByGabe and Lauralass like this

#15 Lauralass

Lauralass

In Training

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 05:33 AM

Especially if she thinks she's got Mr Sorenson under her control. It might be his name on the paperwork but she considers it her house...and he's likely selling it on her say so...no way would it have been his idea to move back in with the girls and then move the lot of them somewhere else
  • StyledByGabe, Dbaz74@yahoo.com and gotmamadrama like this

#16 jaxxy

jaxxy

In Training

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 25 June 2017 - 10:50 AM

What strikes me the most is Marie. She runs to Sang for emotional support or maybe she's just using Sang to take the heat off herself. She hasn't changed very much.
  • StyledByGabe and Dbaz74@yahoo.com like this

#17 gotmamadrama

gotmamadrama

Applicant/Testing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia , Pa

Posted 25 June 2017 - 02:37 PM

What strikes me the most is Marie. She runs to Sang for emotional support or maybe she's just using Sang to take the heat off herself. She hasn't changed very much.

Marie unless Cl redeems her has the worst from both parents. The whole family's relationship with Sang is toxic.
  • StyledByGabe, jaxxy and Dbaz74@yahoo.com like this

#18 jaxxy

jaxxy

In Training

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 12:20 AM

Marie unless Cl redeems her has the worst from both parents. The whole family's relationship with Sang is toxic.

It's funny you should say that because in this book I kept bouncing back and forth trying to figure out who Marie was most like.

• StyledByGabe, Dbaz74@yahoo.com and gotmamadrama like this

#19 gotmamadrama

gotmamadrama

Applicant/Testing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia , Pa

Posted 26 June 2017 - 04:58 AM

It's funny you should say that because in this book I kept bouncing back and forth trying to figure out who Marie was most like.

To me she has her father's entitlement and immediately goes to lie when she gets caught and her mother's meanness and willing to lash out. Both Mr and Mrs Sorenson also like to place blame on anyone but themselves. Marie also seems to never take responsibility for any of her actions.
  • jaxxy, Lauralass and Dbaz74@yahoo.com like this

#20 StyledByGabe

StyledByGabe

Three Amigos Supervisor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 810 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 30 June 2017 - 02:20 PM

Maybe Mr Sorenson is lying on his tax returns. He already lies by omission by not listing Sang as his daughter. Is there a financial advantage to listing another property as a vacation home?

Or else, as a common law wife, the house is a shared property, and Carol would be entitled to half the proceeds if they split up and/or sold it. Even if Sang's father claimed it on his taxes. It might depend on state law, and how long they've been together.
  • Lauralass and Dbaz74@yahoo.com like this

Reply to this topic