19 replies to this topic

#1 purplecherryblossom

purplecherryblossom

The Anti-Hugger

• Administrators
  • 526 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 29 May 2018 - 02:23 AM

So what did everyone think of the book?!!  Is Nathan back in your good graces? Did you love the Mr. B scene?! Volto? Erica, whats her deal? what do you think is going on at the school? Kota? This book was so jam packed with stuff!  What are your thoughts?! Oh and I will mention that CL knows the editing has issues, that is because of the rush to get it out but is planning on updating it soon so no worries!!

• StyledByGabe, Nariah and gotmamadrama like this

#2 inkbelle

inkbelle

Closed Adoptant

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 May 2018 - 08:47 AM

Can someone explain Nathan's encounter with Danielle when they were younger? Did she force him to have sex with her, or was it inappropriate touching? I was a bit confused. I felt SO bad for him when I read that part omg all these horrible people in this series it makes me so angry! And yoooo when Blackbourne was in bed with her I screamed!!

The whole mood of the book was pretty serious. I hope the next one will be a bit lighter, and have more fluff scenes where everybody's happy :). Though I totally get why it was pretty dark in this one. I'm glad they're working through their issues together <3 

I was shaking my head throughout the whole Gabriel/Luke/Sang shaving scene omg that's such a three amigos thing to do. I love 'em. 

And uhhhh Erica what's up? I feel like she's too busy to be pulling all that Volto stuff? At least not alone!

• purplecherryblossom, StyledByGabe, mrenee16 and 2 others like this

#3 grumpynorth

grumpynorth

Closed Adoptant

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 May 2018 - 11:23 AM

So what did everyone think of the book?!! Is Nathan back in your good graces? Did you love the Mr. B scene?! Volto? Erica, whats her deal? what do you think is going on at the school? Kota? This book was so jam packed with stuff! What are your thoughts?! Oh and I will mention that CL knows the editing has issues, that is because of the rush to get it out but is planning on updating it soon so no worries!!

well i can't wait for next book because of that new manager teaser :(. i'm still a little pissed off at nathan though. and i lovee mr.b bed sceneee. i'm dying and screaming like crazy while reading that scene. i reread that scene so many times. omg, mr b in bed with sanggg XD.
oh and i still confused with the teaser. the new manager, mr.buble, is he new manager only to sang or to all of them? how about mr.b?? is mr.b still part of the team?? i can't imagine mr b under the care of new manager.
  • purplecherryblossom and gotmamadrama like this

#4 emross1931

emross1931

In Training

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 29 May 2018 - 05:01 PM

Can someone explain Nathan's encounter with Danielle when they were younger? Did she force him to have sex with her, or was it inappropriate touching? I was a bit confused. I felt SO bad for him when I read that part omg all these horrible people in this series it makes me so angry! And yoooo when Blackbourne was in bed with her I screamed!!

The whole mood of the book was pretty serious. I hope the next one will be a bit lighter, and have more fluff scenes where everybody's happy :). Though I totally get why it was pretty dark in this one. I'm glad they're working through their issues together <3 

I was shaking my head throughout the whole Gabriel/Luke/Sang shaving scene omg that's such a three amigos thing to do. I love 'em. 

And uhhhh Erica what's up? I feel like she's too busy to be pulling all that Volto stuff? At least not alone!

So based on what I read, I think that Danielle essentially sort of blackmailed Nathan into sleeping with her, which means she raped him. Which-- Oh my fricking Gods. Seriously- go rot in Hell Danielle.

Second, I have a new theory involving Volto. So, honestly, I have to say Erica being Volto seems like such a valid argument. But what if its not only her. What if Sean's mother showing up has to do with this. If you think about it, the person who helped Volto kidnap Sang was another woman, but not one that Sang automatically recognized. She hasn't met Sean's mother yet, and Sean's mother is invested in making her son succeed in the world. If she thinks something is holding him back, she might get involved.

Of course, Erica could be being framed by Volto. It certainly would be distracting if he did that. Still, there would be an easy way to disprove it. I guess we'll just have to wait.

By the way, I am so happy that we had that scene with Wil and got to find out a bit more of what is happening there. I really hope that in the Scarab Beetle timeline he shows up soon.

• purplecherryblossom, StyledByGabe, gotmamadrama and 1 other like this

#5 vm-pb-sn

vm-pb-sn

In Training

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 29 May 2018 - 08:55 PM

I loved the book!  I was happy there was more action in this one.  It really feels like the plot is moving along now and I still can't decide on who Volto is!!  As far as Danielle and Nathan I'm not sure how far she forced him.  Nathan only uses the word "touched".  It made me think back to what Jade did to Sang and Nathan talked about knowing that the feeling and memory sticks with you.  He explained the situation about his Mom, but he was probably also talking about his own experience too.  I'll have to go back and read that part again now that I know what Danielle did to him.

• purplecherryblossom, StyledByGabe, gotmamadrama and 1 other like this

#6 inkbelle

inkbelle

Closed Adoptant

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 May 2018 - 09:38 PM

So based on what I read, I think that Danielle essentially sort of blackmailed Nathan into sleeping with her, which means she raped him. Which-- Oh my fricking Gods. Seriously- go rot in Hell Danielle.

Second, I have a new theory involving Volto. So, honestly, I have to say Erica being Volto seems like such a valid argument. But what if its not only her. What if Sean's mother showing up has to do with this. If you think about it, the person who helped Volto kidnap Sang was another woman, but not one that Sang automatically recognized. She hasn't met Sean's mother yet, and Sean's mother is invested in making her son succeed in the world. If she thinks something is holding him back, she might get involved.

Of course, Erica could be being framed by Volto. It certainly would be distracting if he did that. Still, there would be an easy way to disprove it. I guess we'll just have to wait.

By the way, I am so happy that we had that scene with Wil and got to find out a bit more of what is happening there. I really hope that in the Scarab Beetle timeline he shows up soon.

Seriously, I thought she was just a lil B word but really??? Forcing yourself on someone?? I'm gonna get murderous just reading her name from now on omg. And no one else on the team knows about that, probably, and it must have been so hard for Nathan to keep that to himself :( I sympathize with him a lot now, hope Danielle gets some sort of comeuppance in the next book >:(

I find it kinda hard to believe Volto is one of their parents tho? Didn't Volto keep making arguments that they [the team] are messed up or something? idk I feel that's weird for a parent to be "against" their kid like that.

If the next book's Victor's I'm happy! I wuv him haha can't wait!

• purplecherryblossom, StyledByGabe and gotmamadrama like this

#7 gotmamadrama

gotmamadrama

In Training

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia , Pa

Posted 29 May 2018 - 10:20 PM

I loved the book. Not only did it move the plot along but it introduced a new interesting character in Diego. Nathan is not one of my favorite guys but I wanted to give him a big hug. This book did a good job of showing just how broken he truly is.It looks like Ex principle Hendricks is on the way to getting some of what he deserves and we're getting Principle Blackbourne and assistant Sang.

I'm happy that more people are coming around to the idea of having their own house. I also liked that Victor and Gabriel's happiness and safety was a big part of the decision. I wonder if the next book possibly being Victor focused means they might find their home in the next book.

Just when I thought I couldn't hate Danielle more than I already did. She shows how sick, twisted and amoral she really is. She doesn't seem to have any empathy or consideration for anyone. She made me sympathize with Marie and realize that Stepmonsters quest to destroy Sang had the unforseen consequence of stunting her own daughter and making her vulnerable to predators like Danielle. For all of Marie's harshness she's just as much of a scared little girl as Sang was.

I really hope none of the guys parents are involved in this Volto mess. If it's true that Erica is helping Volto I can see it breaking Kota's heart. How would they recover from something like that. I'm sure everyone would eventually forgive her but the trust between her and Kota would never be the same.
  • purplecherryblossom, StyledByGabe, Nariah and 1 other like this

#8 Khaleesi

Khaleesi

In Training

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 402 posts
  • LocationMexico

Posted 29 May 2018 - 11:35 PM

A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!! Loved it, loved it, loved it!! Although I've had mixed feelings with the series for a while. Still one of my favorites, still get pretty excited when we get a new installment, but it's so weird and a bummer that now we have to wait so long for the continuation. I just can't get used to it.

Nathan has always been on my good graces. I never stopped caring about him even when he was acting a bit difficult.

I hate Volto. I hope (and honestly I don't think she is) Erica has nothing to do with it because I like her.

The school situation is so odd. Along with Marie and Danielle wanting to drop out. Like????? It's crazy the guys were helping them to accomplish that.

Danielle can choke for all I care.

“I’m in. With you. For everything. No matter what happens. No matter if they give up on this. No matter what the Academy or my mom or what anyone else says. It’s you and me, Sang. I promised from the start I’d be with you, and I will. I just need your help.” ❤❤❤❤❤❤Kota

The three caballeros never fail to make me laugh.

LUKE OMG. That's the spirit. He really doesn't mind sharing.

I thought Mr. B and Sang were finally going to kiss while they were cuddling.

And now, we wait again -_- *sigh*
  • purplecherryblossom, StyledByGabe, Nariah and 3 others like this

#9 AllthingsAcademy6547

AllthingsAcademy6547

Closed Adoptant

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 30 May 2018 - 06:57 PM

Oh my goodness! It was soooo good! I loved the scenes with Mr. Blackbourne and Sang together. And she's now his assistant? Can't wait to see how that goes. Hopefully, there will be more developments like the sweet scene at Victor’s. I wonder what possessed Mr. Blackbourne to do that. Not that I’m complaining or anything. It just seems that Mr. Blackbourne would retreat from the whole situation, as in get up and leave the bed or something. I’m so excited for more moments like this. Mr. Buble as the manager will be interesting, but what about Dr. Roberts? Is he retiring? Or did something happen? I really want to know who Volto is, but honestly, every time I try to hazard a well-educated guess as to who he is, something happens that destroys the theory that I have. That’s an interesting theory about Volto being more than one person. It would have to be people that are similar in size though.

• StyledByGabe and gotmamadrama like this

#10 taelynn

taelynn

Closed Adoptant

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 30 May 2018 - 10:32 PM

Notwithstanding Volto's mask and modulator being in Erica's car, I think that was too obvious. I can't see C.L. putting it out there that clearly. Not to mention, I think that would be way too huge of a betrayal on Erica's part. I don't see it at all, despite whatever clues may fit. My opinion on the revealing of Volto's identity, whenever that may come, is this: There will be a large clue that, by itself, won't give it completely away, but when paired with all other clues will make it obvious. And everyone of us will be slapping our foreheads at how obvious it should have been along. Just my two cents.

Of course, it's also possible that my brain isn't working quite right. At that part of the book, for some reason, it never entered my mind that they were speaking of Erica at all. I kept thinking Danielle, perhaps a context issue since they were speaking of her prior to that. Danielle is definitely manipulative enough, though.

Also, to keep in mind, Volto told Sang he/she works alone. That could mean one person as Volto working alone, or it could mean the theory of more than one person as Volto, but the character of Volto works alone. If that makes any sense.

• StyledByGabe, gotmamadrama and Killasmalls23 like this

#11 Nariah

Nariah

Applicant/Testing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 31 May 2018 - 02:58 AM

Let’s start by saying that I loooved the book, it had a great pace and kept your attention till the end.

Ahhhhh Mr.B... I died when I read that scene with Sang! I probably reread that part a few times since I couldn’t believe my eyes. Though in the back of my head I was praying for a kiss, life is not cupcakes and rainbows so I knew beforehand I was not getting that in this book. I know our gracious author has told us that their relationship will move at a slow pace but right now I feel that “slow” and “torture” means the same to her lol :D.

Now Erica... that what may be a hint at the end, I don’t know what to think about that. I mean she might fit the profile but what throws me off is the jasmine scent thing. If this scent is what Sang identifies with Volto, wouldn’t this scent be present in Erica’s house as well? I don’t remember Sang ever mentioning smelling this at her house and even if she had I would think that something would have clicked in her head already. I don’t know, that’s just me and I might be completely wrong.

I’m glad that we got to see more of Nathan despite him not being one of my favorites. Now it feels like finally everybody is on the same boat at last.

The only sad part in all of this is the wait for the next book. *sighs* ^_^
  • StyledByGabe, mrenee16, gotmamadrama and 1 other like this

#12 taelynn

taelynn

Closed Adoptant

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 31 May 2018 - 03:20 PM

Let’s start by saying that I loooved the book, it had a great pace and kept your attention till the end.

Ahhhhh Mr.B... I died when I read that scene with Sang! I probably reread that part a few times since I couldn’t believe my eyes. Though in the back of my head I was praying for a kiss, life is not cupcakes and rainbows so I knew beforehand I was not getting that in this book. I know our gracious author has told us that their relationship will move at a slow pace but right now I feel that “slow” and “torture” means the same to her lol :D.

Now Erica... that what may be a hint at the end, I don’t know what to think about that. I mean she might fit the profile but what throws me off is the jasmine scent thing. If this scent is what Sang identifies with Volto, wouldn’t this scent be present in Erica’s house as well? I don’t remember Sang ever mentioning smelling this at her house and even if she had I would think that something would have clicked in her head already. I don’t know, that’s just me and I might be completely wrong.

I’m glad that we got to see more of Nathan despite him not being one of my favorites. Now it feels like finally everybody is on the same boat at last.

The only sad part in all of this is the wait for the next book. *sighs* ^_^

I didn't think about the jasmine scent. She smelled it in her car when they opened the door, but she was in the car prior to that and didn't note it then, either.

Okay, another thought just came to mind. What about Victor's mother? Isn't her name Jasmine? Is that a clue in itself? She would have free access to her own home, along with all of Victor's techy stuff and Sang's broken phones. She could have set Muriel up easily. I'd have to go back through the books to see what other clues might be there. That seems more likely to me than Erica. Again, just a thought. I'd love to hear what others think about it.

• StyledByGabe, mrenee16, Nariah and 2 others like this

#13 Killasmalls23

Killasmalls23

Closed Adoptant

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 01 June 2018 - 05:11 AM

I loved the book, and I love Diegos new character. I think he is great for the series and could be instrumental in the future. They need an outsider to balance the perceptions they have.

I totally think they need to buy an apartment building to live in, eveyone can have their own space, Sang can have the penthouse and Erica, Uncle, etc. will think it is totally normal! They could have community spaces, pools, gardens, security, garages for all the cars, even a cafe or coffee house on the bottom floor... plus it can be in a great location instead of in the boonies!

Erica as Volto is wierd, though. Wouldn’t Sang recognize the Jasmine smell on Erica? Why would she run Nathan off the road and then pick him up and seem so confused? When and where would she learn to pickpocket, scramble phones, track people and know the intel she has on the faculty and building layout of the school? I think maybe it is Sangs long-lost brother trying to look out for her, or maybe Sangs dad if you want to go far-fetched... but Erica seems to love the boys and Sang and i cant see her letting them get bullied or being the bully.

I loved all the action, and Nathans viceral response to Danielle.. he is part of the #metoo movement... as well as the honesty they finally had with Erica. She deserved their trust and until proven to be Volto, deserves to be respected, too. I still cant figure out what Hendricks is up to, and I hope some of that wraps up before the next shoe drops... the school doesnt need to be the backdrop any more, and i think they are ready to move past this job. Mybe now that Mr. B is principal?
  • purplecherryblossom, StyledByGabe, mrenee16 and 3 others like this

#14 Dani

Dani

In Training

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 346 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 04 June 2018 - 03:00 AM

I loved all the action in this book. I love that Mr. B still tries to create boundaries. He is such a gentleman. I thought he would lose his cool at least once during his study nights with Sang. I don't understand the point of the food thing. I was not expecting Hendricks and Morris to be so insane. Nathan is still just ok. He is dramatic in a slightly exhausting way. I love Luke. I can't wait for a Taylor brothers book. I hope its after Victor's. I despise Danielle. I like P.I. Ramirez. I don't remember Buble. I like the cute moments with the boys. I wish they would have decided to continue lying to the parents. Each conversation with Erica was cringeworthy. Volto is trash. I hate him. Wil is alive and well!!! I hope Principal Blackbourne lets him graduate early. I don't want Buble to be Sang's new dad as a manager. No more parents. I want him to give her jobs and stay out of her business. Tempest should be postponed.
  • purplecherryblossom, prepgirls, StyledByGabe and 1 other like this

#15 helpful2468

helpful2468

In Training

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 05 June 2018 - 07:57 PM

Did anyone’ s heart felt like it was pounding while reading this entire book I know I was. OMG! The suspense while everything is going on.
  • purplecherryblossom, StyledByGabe and gotmamadrama like this

#16 Laura G

Laura G

Closed Adoptant

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 June 2018 - 03:38 PM

As usual , I loved it! I'm in love with all the guys. There's no way Sang can pick just one. I did really like all the action too. I'm looking forward to getting more in the know about the Academy. Even with all the action and knowing Hendricks was after her, I wasn't as stressed out as I was reading in First Kiss. I felt like crying the whole way through the camp scene when she gets separated from the guys. No wonder she passed out!

#17 Joselina

Joselina

Closed Adoptant

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 June 2018 - 12:25 AM

I loved the new book! The pace was great! It really pulled you in until the end. I loved the fact that the POV changed between Sang and Nathan. I live for the boy's POV.

I love when the three amigos spend time together! Their dynamic is always sending me into a fit of giggles. North always interrupting them is gold. 

The action was great as well. It really kept you on your toes. When Sang got to roll around in the dirt for the first time I was on the tip of my seat!

The house situation is tricky. I do want them to live together but I feel like right now it is a bit too hectic to be picking out a permanent house for them. An apartment with a few of them would work well for right now. They have too many tail following them to be able to go back and forth comfortably if they get a permanent house. 

I literally screamed when I read the Mr. B and Sang bed scene.  :lol:

Danielle was giving me bad vides the entire time! I knew she was going to pull something. 

Now I think the big thing people are talking about is the end with Kota's mom. I would say it is rather suspicious with the mask in the car and all the arrows that could have been pointed at her. Sang's reaction with her when she did her hair could be some unconscious suspicion but I think her reaction is just because of her history with women. However, I just don't think she is Volto. She may have something to do with it but I don't think she is sole suspect. At the beginning of the series, she encourages Sang to go out with Kota. I don't see why she would do that and then tell Sang that she should not be involved with the boy's when under a mask. 

The teaser for the next book left me with some questions. 

I do like Mr. Buble character so far. I can see him being manager could put a stop to the relationship plan before it picked up speed. I hope he does not become a problem but I can't wait to see what his character could bring to the next book. 

#18 kerrys1976

kerrys1976

Closed Adoptant

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 29 June 2018 - 11:59 PM

Well, I’m in the minority it seems but I would really like for Mr.Blackbourne and Dr.Green to find love elsewhere but still be part of the group. I mean, 9 guys come on. Impossible to manage that especially once romance kicks in. Not to mention how to tell their families and who will she officially be married to for the public eye?
Anyway off my rant now. I don’t know who Volto could be but I dont think it’s ERICA. She loves them too much and could not overpower them.
I like the involvement of Lilly and Liam in these books and crossover with the Scarab Beetle folks too. Can’t wait for Tempest to come out, those books are more my speed but I do like these too.
  • StyledByGabe likes this

#19 north.chicago.street

north.chicago.street

Closed Adoptant

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 31 July 2018 - 04:37 PM

I loved the scene with Mr. Blackbourne! I would give up my left limb to wake up next to him! LOL. Anywho, this book was jam packed with action and fast paced. I can't wait to see what the dynamic will be once they get a house together. I liked the comment from Killasmalls23: an apartment building would make sense! Your suggestion makes me want to play Sims and create the apartment you describe. :D Also, I agree...wouldn't Sang recognize Erica's scent? I mean, she was staying in her house for a while. I think Volto is trying to frame her, though I don't see it playing out much. And I REALLY dislike Volto...what a menace! We need to finish this school investigation and Volto. Mr. Diego Ramirez's character will be perfect for helping out. I would like to get to the next stage in their lives soon. See how Sang does with other missions from The Academy and her relationships developing. 

Back to waiting again....going to listen to all the books again.... 

I loved the book, and I love Diegos new character. I think he is great for the series and could be instrumental in the future. They need an outsider to balance the perceptions they have.

I totally think they need to buy an apartment building to live in, eveyone can have their own space, Sang can have the penthouse and Erica, Uncle, etc. will think it is totally normal! They could have community spaces, pools, gardens, security, garages for all the cars, even a cafe or coffee house on the bottom floor... plus it can be in a great location instead of in the boonies!

Erica as Volto is wierd, though. Wouldn’t Sang recognize the Jasmine smell on Erica? Why would she run Nathan off the road and then pick him up and seem so confused? When and where would she learn to pickpocket, scramble phones, track people and know the intel she has on the faculty and building layout of the school? I think maybe it is Sangs long-lost brother trying to look out for her, or maybe Sangs dad if you want to go far-fetched... but Erica seems to love the boys and Sang and i cant see her letting them get bullied or being the bully.

I loved all the action, and Nathans viceral response to Danielle.. he is part of the #metoo movement... as well as the honesty they finally had with Erica. She deserved their trust and until proven to be Volto, deserves to be respected, too. I still cant figure out what Hendricks is up to, and I hope some of that wraps up before the next shoe drops... the school doesnt need to be the backdrop any more, and i think they are ready to move past this job. Mybe now that Mr. B is principal?

• StyledByGabe and Nariah like this

#20 emross1931

emross1931

In Training

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 17 August 2018 - 01:18 AM

So, in regards to C.L.'s recent newsletter with the cheat sheets attached, I'm glad that she clarified what happened with Danielle. I obviously did not understand  what happened the first time I read through it. It also brought up some concerns for me, though. For one, it is obvious that Nathan needs to talk to someone about this, but he hasn't really. C.L. said that he had told Kota about it, but the fact that he hasn't told anyone else about it has me worried because a.) the other guys aren't aware that Danielle has tried something like this and be capable of trying something like this in the future and b.) it seems a lot of what were seeing is him being overprotective of Sang and part of the reason why it sounds like he is reacting so strongly in certain situations is because of this. As long as the others do not know the full reason behind his actions, I feel like they might feel like he is taking things too far just like kind of happened in this last book. What's to stop this from becoming a major issue with them all?

Reply to this topic